Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ancient Evils

Magpie

Link to OOC Topic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/41695-ancient-evils-searchingooc/#entry990220

Near the dragon mountains, ponies have been going missing. The village of Trottingham is the the target of such attacks. A scouting party had been sent, but only one returned. He brought with him some terrifying news. He reported other ponies being dragged towards a cave, while the assailants chanted. He had managed to run away, but was unable to stop them.  All around the town, an aura of fear and death can be felt. Most residents have either abandoned the town, or died fighting for it. Few shops are open, and the streets are silent. The residents need a new hope, lest they fall prey to these mysterious clutches.

Deep within the cave, several ponies in dark robes of black and purple gathered around a coffin. The one in front held an object in her hoof, wrapped in a black cloth. She pulled the cloth away, to reveal a golden crown.

"Awaken, my lord." said the mare.

She placed the crown within the coffin, and waited for something to happen.

Big Thunder was confused. He had come to Trottingham looking for work, but the town seemed to be abandoned. He could smell death in the air and felt something sinister in the area. Curious, he looked for anyone left in town who could explain what was going on.

The town was deserted for the most part, but some ponies were still here. There was a store across the street, closing down as Big Thunder arrived, packing his goods onto a cart. He looked unsure about this, as if he wanted to stay, but knew he couldn't stay any longer.

The scholarly duo of Lapis Lazuli and Asteria had hear tell of mysterious goings on in the village of Trottingham. A travelling merchant whom they had met on their way back from a small expedition had told them of the tale. Strange occurrences were being reported from the foot of the Dragon Mountain range. Ponies were disappearing, and those still living in the village were leaving Trottingham.

The two of them looked around, taking in their surroundings. It was a beautiful place, unfortunately marred by the fact it gave such a dreary and dead feeling to the observer. "Lapis, are you sure about this? I mean, sure we've seen some things and such, but this place gives off an awful vibe." the young filly said somewhat nervously.

Lapis merely shrugged it off. Asteria wasn't always the bravest, but sometimes she was right. But Lapis decided investigation was more important. The two of them spotted a powerful looking zebra. But he seemed preoccupied with the scenery as well. They followed after him, curious as to what his goals were. Zebras didn't typically live in this region.

Another quest... and without the Blackbird.

Meta Knight was walking on foot towards the city of Trottingham. All of this for a doomsday prophecy from a half crazed pony? Things are looking down if Celestia really believes this drivel...

As he entered the town, he noticed that there was exactly four people in town. Well, at least one part of it was correct. He walked up to two of them- they seemed to be scholars. "Hello...? How are you?"

The two of them stopped in their tracks and cautiously turned around. The zebra would have to wait. For the time being, it appeared as though a stallion wanted their attention. By the look of him, he seemed rather important. Perhaps an official sent by the princess. But what was disconcerting was the fact he was wearing a mask. And the way his yellow eyes shone out at them unsettled Asteria.

Lapis, being the more levelheaded of the two, ventured forth a response. "Uh, yes, hello. We are fine, just investigating the village. We've heard that strange things have been going on around here and chose to investigate. I am Lapis Lazuli, and this is my assistant Asteria. We are travelling scholars. And who might you be?"

Asteria didn't like the look of the strange stallion, and was ready to cast a shield spell in case he wasn't who he appeared to be. After some close calls in the past, she had become a little on edge. Perhaps the pony could be trusted, but it wasn't worth the risk to trust an odd looking individual outright.

Edited by Berry Pie
  • Brohoof 1

Hearing the conversation behind him, Thunder turned around. "What do you know about what happened here?", He asked walking toward the others, "If you're investigating, we might as well work together. I saw someone over there who might be able to tell us more."

Ignoring her sore back, a hooded Star Rain walked on toward what looked like a village in the distance. She hadn't heard about the mysterious phenomenon going on in the mountains, for she rarely heard news at the place she originally came from. After about half an hour or more, she was half a mile away from the village and she decided to rest and eat an apple she brought with her. Levitating her saddlebags off her back, she laid down underneath a tree and took out an apple and a mythology book. Sooner or later, I'll find a new life and I'll be free of my aunt forever! Star Rain thought as she started to eat and read.

Inside the coffin, was a skeleton. After the crown had been put on it, it's eye holes began glowing a bright red. "Hahhhahahahah,I live again!" Tondrak got out of his coffin and looked at the ponies surrounding him.

(OOC: Sorry i didnt post yet, i didnt know the roleplay was up yet)

After an hour of rest, Star Rain buried the core of the apple by the tree and packed up her book. Pulling her hood back up, she started toward the village again. As she got closer to the village, an ominous feeling entered her mind, sending shivers down her forelegs. However, as a unicorn who doesn't let anything stop her once her mind is made up, Star Rain continued on. When she entered the village, she saw pretty much nopony at all(she arrived at the other side of the village from where everyone else is now). Wow, is this a ghost town or something? What happened? she wondered. She wandered around the village, peeking into buildings and occasionally spying some very disheveled villagers either crouching in fear or packing up various belongings. Star Rain then started to look around for somepony who might know what's going on.

Edited by MagicalStarRain

Meta started to answer. "My name shall not be revealed to you- but I am known by most as Meta Knight." He looked at the zebra. "Well! If we all are here to explore these twisted caverns, then I will gladly join with the rest of-" Then his ears swiveled. He peeked around a corner, to see yet another pony. He shook his head. "Are you sure this isn't another ghost town? Because there is a fifth pony here."

Lapis nodded. He understood a desire for secrecy. He had encountered many ponies who wished to remain unknown. But this 'Meta Knight' seemed okay enough. He then turned around and addressed the zebra behind him.

"Well, it is mostly uncertain, but there have been reports of disappearances. We chose to investigate. It is what we do, I and my assistant. And perhaps you two will be useful to our investigation. By the way, who are you exactly?" he said thoughtfully. He noticed that Meta Knight had said something, and he looked in the direction he indicated.

Asteria tried to relax as names were being exchanged. Things like that gave her a sense of familiarity. She remained close to Lapis, but let her guard lower. Perhaps that was a foolish idea, but being on edge was an unhealthy idea.

"People call me Big Thunder. It's as good a name as any.", Thunder replied, "I'm no-one special"

Thunder had no interest in discussing his past. He had never been one for talk- better to get the job done and stay out of everyone else's business. Regardless, he shifted to a friendlier stance. These people seemed alright.

Collision ambled along at a slow yet steady pace, tired from days of travel. There was a town ahead! The young colt smiled widely upon seeing it, and ran the rest of the way, regardless of his heavy bags. The town that he reached was dry and dusty, almost a ghost town aside from the few tired ponies dotted around. Collision hesitated for a second, but continued into the town regardless. Even the state of disrepair that the town had fallen into had no effect on his mood; Collision remained bright and happy. Adventurers had to bump into the odd ghost town, after all. It was all part of the learning process!

The locals seemed oblivious of each other, all except a small group of conversing ponies, and...

"A zebra!" Collision cried out excitedly, before quickly stopping himself. He'd never really seen many Zebra before. The kid began to look avidly for a shop, hoping that his outburst wouldn't cause any trouble.

"Yes, I am a zebra", Thunder said, annoyed,"Is there something you wanted to say, or are just very easily excited?"

Thunder was used to people being surprised to see a zebra among ponyfolk, but it still got on his nerves sometimes. He didn't like people drawing attention to him unless he chose to be in the spotlight.

Edited by Alex-Kennedy

Collision pretended that he hadn't heard Thunder speak, and he quickly edged away, embarrassed at his outburst. "Sorry!" he squeaked, before turning tail and running off. He stopped in another part of the town and looked down dejectedly at his hooves. This somber mood didn't last long however; a small songbird was hopping along a short deserted road, and Collision followed it with keen childish curiosity.

The shop-pony had finished packing the cart, and looked back one last time, before leaving the town, and slowly plodded along. He seemed to have a look of fear on his face when he looked back, looking towards a small cave. "So...I'm finally leaving..." he said sorrowfully as he walked away.

Back in the cave, Tondrak could see that the cultist were thrilled to see he had actually come back to life, he spoke to the cultists "You have all pleased me, if you continue to serve me well. I shall give you power beyond your wildest dreams. Now that im back, I must retreive my other items, but first i must begin preparing my army. Bring me sacrifices."

Star Rain had reached the side of the village that the others were at. The town was getting more and more ominous by the minute and she had not found any useful information. Huh? Do I hear voices? she thought as she started to follow some voices. She looked around a corner and saw three ponies and another that looked like a zebra. Wow. I thought Zecora was the only one in Equestria! She started to walk toward them, but then she backed off and hid behind the corner of the building in fear that they may be hostile.

The leader of the cultists nodded, and bowed to Tondrak. 

"Yes, my lord." said the mare.

Her purple mane hung over her face, and her dark grey eyes shone.  She gestured to two pegasus stallions behind her, who nodded, and left the room. They re-entered with several townspeople, who were shuddering and shivering.

Edited by Brosparkles

Star Rain had reached the side of the village that the others were at. The town was getting more and more ominous by the minute and she had not found any useful information. Huh? Do I hear voices? she thought as she started to follow some voices. She looked around a corner and saw three ponies and another that looked like a zebra. Wow. I thought Zecora was the only one in Equestria! She started to walk toward them, but then she backed off and hid behind the corner of the building in fear that they may be hostile.

Collision collided with another pony. He had been watching the songbird, and neglecting his path leading to the resultant bump. The blue colt lifted his head quickly. "Sorry! I was watching a..." Collision trailed off; the bird had flown away. He looked closer at the stranger. She seemed to be hiding from something. "What's your name!" he asked excitedly.

• Brohoof 1

"YEEP!" Star Rain yelped as a blue colt around her age ran into her. "Ugh, what the heck was that for?!" she said a little angrily. But upon hearing his question, she calmed herself and answered,"Oh um... my name's Star Rain." This colt doesn't look hostile. I can probaly trust him, but is he really a teen or is he a taller-than-average kid? Then a question entered her mind. "Oh hey! Do you live in this place?" she asked.

Edited by MagicalStarRain
  • Brohoof 1

Big Thunder hurried after the shop pony, "You! What do you know about what's going on here? Why is everypony leaving?" Having become interested in the situation, he wasn't going to let the only pony with answers slip away. "Where are you going? What's going on?"

• Brohoof 1

The shop pony was quite shocked by the barrage of questions, and gave in. "I'm not staying here any longer. I don't know what you came here for, but this town is done for. Ponies have gone missing in the night, and I don't want to be next for whatever is happening."

Edited by Brosparkles

The townspeople were already scared after being taken by some cult they knew nothing about, but after seeing a moving skeleton approach, they were terrified. Tondrak inspected them as if they were cattle. "Ahh yes, this is a perfect start." One of the town members couldn't take it, he tryed to make a run for it. As he made it near the exit of the cave, Tondrak shot a lightning bolt at him, killing him instantly. He then shot his body with a green colored spell. After a few seconds the dead body got back up. Tondrak then turned his attention back to the other townsfolk. He began to kill and raise them as his zombie minions.