Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art Monstor RAWR! Sh!t it's cold, where's my socks?

Jokootle

Nearly done :D

Just needs a tongue and socks. I'll finish it in a week, I'm lazy now. I was workong on this for 3 days aprox 14 hours. I'm frustrated with the textures lol. anyhow I hope you like it(eventho very creepy) The concept is by ~Amond-Logan. Its fully rigged, but I will have to re-do weight painting if I'd like to animate it. 

almost_done_by_jokootle-d5o6te3.png

• Brohoof 4

Nearly done :D

Just needs a tongue and socks. I'll finish it in a week, I'm lazy now. I was workong on this for 3 days aprox 14 hours. I'm frustrated with the textures lol. anyhow I hope you like it(eventho very creepy) The concept is by ~Amond-Logan. Its fully rigged, but I will have to re-do weight painting if I'd like to animate it. 

That's how I feel.  I always start a model then get lazy, and If I ever finish it, I never feel like painting/texturing them just because it takes too long or I hate how it looks.

• Brohoof 1

That is the creepiest slightly-pony-shaped monster I've ever seen.

Congrats on a brilliant model, and the coloring looks great.

One question though, it seems as if a few of the claws don't really touch the ground, is that intentional?

• Brohoof 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Scootalove" data-cid="1004076" data-time="1355698873"><p>
That's how I feel. I always start a model then get lazy, and <em class='bbc'>If</em> I ever finish it, I never feel like painting/texturing them just because it takes too long or I hate how it looks.</p></blockquote> lolz Yeah it is fustrating, I spent maby 2 hours on texturing.. I like editing photos and painting stuff, but painting this while its laggy was fustrating. How long have you been doing models?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="x3z8" data-cid="1004103" data-time="1355699684"><p>
That is the creepiest slightly-pony-shaped monster I've ever seen.<br />
Congrats on a brilliant model, and the coloring looks great.<br />
One question though, it seems as if a few of the claws don't really touch the ground, is that intentional?</p></blockquote> thanks! well I did rig and pose it but I usualy don't notice things like that, I just wanted to get the look and feel but when I start animating I only then see it. So nope unintentional.

Edited by Jokootle

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Scootalove" data-cid="1004076" data-time="1355698873"><p>

That's how I feel. I always start a model then get lazy, and <em class='bbc'>If</em> I ever finish it, I never feel like painting/texturing them just because it takes too long or I hate how it looks.</p></blockquote> lolz Yeah it is fustrating, I spent maby 2 hours on texturing.. I like editing photos and painting stuff, but painting this while its laggy was fustrating. How long have you been doing models?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="x3z8" data-cid="1004103" data-time="1355699684"><p>

That is the creepiest slightly-pony-shaped monster I've ever seen.<br />

Congrats on a brilliant model, and the coloring looks great.<br />

One question though, it seems as if a few of the claws don't really touch the ground, is that intentional?</p></blockquote> thanks! well I did rig and pose it but I usualy don't notice things like that, I just wanted to get the look and feel but when I start animating I only then see it. So nope unintentional.

Yeah, you broke the quotes, it just showed up as code. Don't think that function had mobile browsers in mind. Hope they make a mobile version of the site soon.

That's how I feel.  I always start a model then get lazy, and If I ever finish it, I never feel like painting/texturing them just because it takes too long or I hate how it looks.

lolz Yeah it is fustrating, I spent maby 2 hours on texturing.. I like editing photos and painting stuff, but painting this while its laggy was fustrating. How long have you been doing models?

lolz Yeah it is fustrating, I spent maby 2 hours on texturing.. I like editing photos and painting stuff, but painting this while its laggy was fustrating. How long have you been doing models?

I did models for about 2 years but I quit this year to pursue other graphic departments and computer scripting.  While I was doing it I did make a few sweet models like an M4 and altair from assassins creed.

• Brohoof 1

Wow it looks awesome! I'm learning some basic 3D modelling in school atm and it is alot of fun. Your creature there looks amazing :)

• Brohoof 1

Wow it looks awesome! I'm learning some basic 3D modelling in school atm and it is alot of fun. Your creature there looks amazing :)

Thanks ^^ Yup this stuff is fun, it can get frustrating at times but results more than make up for it. Sadly I can't learn it at school, I have to learn internet tutorials. 

That is the creepiest slightly-pony-shaped monster I've ever seen.

Congrats on a brilliant model, and the coloring looks great.

One question though, it seems as if a few of the claws don't really touch the ground, is that intentional?

I actually decided that it's not yet real and creepy enough :P so I animated it... dammit I hate waiting for renders. I should  be done and uploaded an an hour.

It's great for a walking animation. I think that this type of monster would travel with more of a lope, bounding with front legs and then the back. You know what I mean?

Ah yes, I'll get to that, just need to rotate a and adjust a few armatures, I'll also try to make it look more real. I have little real time feedback since I'm working with half a million polygons ^^;

It's great for a walking animation. I think that this type of monster would travel with more of a lope, bounding with front legs and then the back. You know what I mean?

I tried somthing, better camera angle, and I added a bit of a lope and trimmed the animation. I'm not good with lighting tho so that might bring it down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnpaY9cvy8o

Edited by Jokootle

I tried somthing, better camera angle, and I added a bit of a lope and trimmed the animation. I'm not good with lighting tho so that might bring it down.

Seems great! Can't see any problems, and for a preview the lighting is just fine. Just out of curiosity, is there a game this is for? Or is it just for the sake of doing it?

Seems great! Can't see any problems, and for a preview the lighting is just fine. Just out of curiosity, is there a game this is for? Or is it just for the sake of doing it?

Just the sake of doing it, I might use it in a later animation but I have no other use for it now than practise. I'm working on a robot now :D

A futuristic battlebot, still trying to get the right concept and stuff. I think I found a few good ones but they're all so complex...

Well, I'm sure you'll figure it out. I can't wait to see how it turns out! So a battlebot as in a roughly humanoid but packed with weapons? Or just a machine that does battle?

Well, I'm sure you'll figure it out. I can't wait to see how it turns out! So a battlebot as in a roughly humanoid but packed with weapons? Or just a machine that does battle?

Its like a tank humanoid. I have the torso modelled. Now I just need to do arms and legs before I can start texturing. I'm taking a brake from it though, struggling with the arms...