Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Slippers, Socks, whatever you keep on your feet

null1

I was watching ponies on hub like everyone else, then I saw those Stompeez slipper commercials with the demonic moving animals and all. Then it sparked the idea of starting a thread talking about slippers and their respective variations. I'm a big slipper person during the winter.

So, people of MLP Forums, I ask you, what do you wear on your feet at home that has a purpose of lounging, or to keep those vital and important digits on your feet (toes) warm? Doesn't matter if they're slippers, socks, Hobbit's feet, or moccasins.

This is what I wear. I normally don't wear them this high because they ride low when walking, but I wanted to expose every single fiber of sheer awesomeness that these slippers are crafted from.

post-6416-0-22779800-1355711375_thumb.jpg

(We also were in the middle of decorating for Xmas as well.)

So post your slippers, etc.

Edited by DeltaTangent
  • Brohoof 3

All my pictures of my sock collection are not uploaded, so pictures later.

I hoard socks though. I have drawers of them. I only have one pair of slippers, though, and they're ugly.

I usually go barefoot as I dislike the feeling of my feet being suffocated. XD

Especially shoes...I don't wear them whenever I can.

Edited by PinkieDaShy

I normally wear socks of any kind because they just tend to feel the most most comfortable

sometimes I will wear some of those obnoxiously soft socks that come in the Pink and Light blue variations because they are just so GOSH DARN SNUGGLY :wub:

*ahem* but I digress,

they feel nice :3

Edited by ~ds8~
  • Brohoof 6

Sometimes I wear my Cat in the Hat slippers, but most of the time I just wear socks. I find them kind of annoying, but I get sick if I go barefoot.

I go with really thick ankle socks. They are very warm and are fun to use with a freshly polished wood floor. Warm and fun for all reasons you would need socks.

Edited by XrosOver
  • Brohoof 2

I have slippers. Really nice handcrafted Russian slippers from a close family friend. They're so warm!!

As for socks, I wear the...how you say...higher up socks? I don't know the word...

Edited by Comrade-Dimitri-Hammer
  • Brohoof 2

What I wear on my feet 95 percent of the time:Footwear1_zps9417a52d.jpg

What I wear if my town isn't drowned in a sea of white. Sorry for the blurry image. (My friends call me "goat-legs" because of these. Pony legs are shaped rather similarly...):

Footwear2_zps03f14eb7.jpg

What I wear if I've just risen from my slumber or am about to fall into it:

Footwear3_zpsb0d03b8a.jpg

If you couldn't tell what I was hinting at in the second photo, I wish I was a pony rather than a human. And the somewhat embarrassing truth is now out there. Floobywhoop.

Edited by HylianTwilian
  • Brohoof 5

I either wear socks AND shoes, or go barefoot. Just socks makes my feet feel smothered, but having shoes over them kinda cancels that out, since the extra weight and stuff I can feel makes it feel like something should be on my feet. Socks don't have any of that, it's just something on my foot.

Also, my feet sweat a fair amount, so I like to be barefoot whenever possible :P

I wear socks as well as a pair of leather indoor slippers when in the house, which are automatically traded for outdoor shoes when I'm preparing to go outside.

Like how I minimize the time where I'm not wearing underwear, I minimize the time I'm not wearing socks and shoes.

I like to walk around barefoot in the spring, summer, and when I'm on the beach. The warm ground on my feet feels nice. I also like to walk around barefoot around the house year-round. I don't like wearing socks, I prefer letting my feed breathe.

In the colder days, when I'm going somewhere, or when I'm running, I'll be rocking out with these:

vibramLontra.jpg

Edited by Urdnot Pinkie Pie

I pretty much almost never take my cowboy boots off. I have a leather sole pair I wear during the summer and a rubber sole pair I wear during the winter and at work since the leather soles get super slick. I keep them on inside as well because going without feels weird to me since I grew up on a farm and shoes were basically required unless you wanted to step on something someone else or a dog carried in. Under the boots I wear short ankle socks.

Most of the time I remain barefoot. Behold my fearsome feet:

post-6104-0-06993200-1355766352_thumb.jpg

I know. Not pleasant to look at, but I figured it was appropriate. Rarely I'll walk around wearing only these:

post-6104-0-94205700-1355766407_thumb.jpg

When the socks go on, the slippers usually follow:

post-6104-0-93038700-1355766453_thumb.jpg

As for socks, I wear the...how you say...higher up socks? I don't know the word...

Knee socks.

Footwear3_zpsb0d03b8a.jpg

Where did you get those?

• Brohoof 3

I also have some adorable purple slippers with stars on it. Those things are fuzzy and snuggly wuggly as well :wub:

Unfortunately, I have only found one of those and I can't seem to find the other :(

Which makes me really sad :( :(

I'm known for my "hobbit feet". I seldom wear any socks or shoes around the house -- I hate them -- and I avoid any footwear like the plague unless it's absolutely necessary. Just this morning I went and stood in the snow barefoot just to get the mail (I would have put on some shoes, but the mail lady was about to roll away, and I was already hopping into my pants as I came downstairs).

I used to have a pair of felted slippers that my sister made me, but they got worn out quickly, and my feet grew out of them. Now I proudly walk around in my hobbit feet; ready to take on any task -- even standing out in the snow, barefoot.

• Brohoof 1

Where did you get those?

I got 'em at WeLoveFine. They don't sell them anymore, though. You may still be able to get them at Hot Topic. They were there last time I checked. 

My room is constantly freezing, and I've given up on cotton socks. I find myself wearing towel socks most of the time, stretchy and warm. I also wear leg warmers... don't look at me like that.

What I wear on my feet 95 percent of the time:Footwear1_zps9417a52d.jpg

What I wear if my town isn't drowned in a sea of white. Sorry for the blurry image. (My friends call me "goat-legs" because of these. Pony legs are shaped rather similarly...):

Footwear2_zps03f14eb7.jpg

Ok, one, I see that nerf RPG in the corner of the first picture, have the same one somewhere in my room. XD

Second, did you make those yourself? The pony leg/portal long fall boot hybrid looking things? And do you really where them around in public?

Honestly the cold of here isn't really all that super cold compared to alot of places, so i don't really ever wear anything around the house, but if I'm going somewhere I'll just wear plain socks and shoes.

I don't really wear anything else ever.. :P.

Second, did you make those yourself? The pony leg/portal long fall boot hybrid looking things? And do you really where them around in public?

No, I didn't make them. They're called jumping stilts. They allow you to jump anywhere from 4 to 6 feet in the air and run at speeds of over 20 mph. And yes, I do wear them around town during the summertime. 

i usually just prefer to have socks on my feet, but there are these really fuzzy socks that i like to wear to keep my feet warm, too. i have alot of them,but i usually wear them at home, cause theyre uncomfortable with my shoes.