Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you make dubstep?

Dashicorn

If you make dubstep wether for fun or a career post why you do it and how you started.

I personally make dubstep through clubcreate.com and post links on Facebook my dubstep name is Gh05t if your interested.

file://localhost/Users/gavinhardison/Music/iTunes/iTunes%20Media/Music/Gh05t/AGTrio/AGTrio%20(sound%20of%20a%20macbook).mp3%00

post-9984-0-25901900-1355797564.png

Edited by Dashicorn

I "try" to make dubstep.

After hearing some awesome dubstep songs on Youtube, and also hearing music from Alex S., I decided it's something I wanted to try.

It's not an easy genre to produce, so I make it as a way to challenge myself. The software I use is FL Studio

As much as I don't like dubstep, I'm still rather fascinated at how people can create such remixes of songs. Certainly, it's not my type of music, but it's still pretty interesting to hear popular songs in a different way. Although it would be pretty badass if somepony made orchestral remixes of popular songs.

I "try" to make dubstep.

After hearing some awesome dubstep songs on Youtube, and also hearing music from Alex S., I decided it's something I wanted to try.

It's not an easy genre to produce, so I make it as a way to challenge myself. The software I use is FL Studio

I try too lol.  Can you post a link to a song you've made so I can listen to it?  Id love to hear one of your songs.  Do you post links through Facebook?

Edited by Dashicorn

Dubstep isn't my favorite genre of music. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but it's not really my favorite.

I'm not a musician at the moment, but I do plan on getting in on the Brony music scene, soon, and I think the type of music I'll probably make is happy hardcore EDM. It's up there with house as my favorite type of EDM and I kinda wish there was more of it in the Brony community.

Edited by Lightning Dust

I try too lol.  Can you post a link to a song you've made so I can listen to it?  Id love to hear one of your songs.  Do you post links through Facebook?

Sure, here you go :)  This is the only dubstep track I have made so far, but i'm working on another one right now.

Nope, I normally just upload them to Youtube.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6lJrK_JGts

• Brohoof 1

I make dubstep both for fun and as a semi-career. Surprisingly now I dont want to be a software developer nor computer programmer eversince I got a piano into my hands.

Anyway, Im learning all on my own, and proof that I make dubstep >> https://soundcloud.com/nullcity

And for some reason, I've never really like Electro =/ And yet managed to like dubstep

• Brohoof 1

Sure, here you go :)  This is the only dubstep track I have made so far, but i'm working on another one right now.

Nope, I normally just upload them to Youtube.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6lJrK_JGts

I love it! Its a great song in my opinion, I might have to sub you to hear more of it! ( if you make more )

Not sure if this link will work but this is one of my songs.

file://localhost/Users/gavinhardison/Music/iTunes/iTunes%20Media/Music/Gh05t/AGTrio/AGTrio%20(sound%20of%20a%20macbook).mp3%00

Edited by Dashicorn

I make dubstep both for fun and as a semi-career. Surprisingly now I dont want to be a software developer nor computer programmer eversince I got a piano into my hands.

Anyway, Im learning all on my own, and proof that I make dubstep >> https://soundcloud.com/nullcity

And for some reason, I've never really like Electro =/ And yet managed to like dubstep

You have some skill!! I can't seem to get my wobble basses to sound that good for some reason. What software do you use? I'll be following your Soundcloud

I love it! Its a great song in my opinion, I might have to sub you to hear more of it!

Not sure if this link will work but this is one of my songs.

Nope, The link doesn't work. Are you linking it straight from your computer? If you are, that won't work. Maybe try uploading it to Youtube or Mediafire?

• Brohoof 1

You have some skill!! I can't seem to get my wobble basses to sound that good for some reason. What software do you use? I'll be following your Soundcloud

Nope, The link doesn't work. Are you linking it straight from your computer? If you are, that won't work. Maybe try uploading it to Youtube or Mediafire?

Go on Facebook type in Gh05t and my page will show from there click my links on the page leading to the music. Please do this I want you to hear them.

And for some reason, I've never really like Electro =/ And yet managed to like dubste

I would love to listen to it. If the link would work.  Darn this macbook! I swear these things suck ( MacBooks ) Ill keep trying to get into it.

FL Studio 10 (bought it at Sam Ash), then Im using a MIDI Piano with ranges of C3 - B6, and for the wobble bass. Its a turntable FX sample that I looped and edited via Audacity. Then re-mastered inside FL Studo to make it loud and better with EQ, Distortion, Bitcrusher, Hard Clipping, and Compression (via FL Limiter, not FL Compressor). No automation used. I used a Low Pass filter with a LFO shape of a reversed sawtooth wave ranging from 1/4, 1/8, 1/12, and 2/4. Then cutoff modulating/wobbling forward instead of backwards. It makes that nice sounding wobble :P

Sounds hard to do, but you just need to be patient and try finding what you ears are trying to hear.

Protip: For the love of God, do not use Nexus plugin for a wobble bass. Nexus is for Bright Europhic Leads, not Wobble Bass. If your gonna use a VST for a wobble bass, use something like Massive. Or even 3xOsc, just with 3xOsc, loads of distortion, bitcrush, and EQ so it doesnt look obvious you used 3xOsc

FL Studio 10 (bought it at Sam Ash), then Im using a MIDI Piano with ranges of C3 - B6, and for the wobble bass. Its a turntable FX sample that I looped and edited via Audacity. Then re-mastered inside FL Studo to make it loud and better with EQ, Distortion, Bitcrusher, Hard Clipping, and Compression (via FL Limiter, not FL Compressor). No automation used. I used a Low Pass filter with a LFO shape of a reversed sawtooth wave ranging from 1/4, 1/8, 1/12, and 2/4. Then cutoff modulating/wobbling forward instead of backwards. It makes that nice sounding wobble :P

Sounds hard to do, but you just need to be patient and try finding what you ears are trying to hear.

Protip: For the love of God, do not use Nexus plugin for a wobble bass. Nexus is for Bright Europhic Leads, not Wobble Bass. If your gonna use a VST for a wobble bass, use something like Massive. Or even 3xOsc, just with 3xOsc, loads of distortion, bitcrush, and EQ so it doesnt look obvious you used 3xOsc

Do you have it on youtube?  I want to listen to it but the link you provided is simply not working for me.  Do you have it on youtube? If you do I will be able to listen to it.

Do you have it on youtube?  I want to listen to it but the link you provided is simply not working for me.  Do you have it on youtube? If you do I will be able to listen to it.

No, sadly, speakers broken. Only things I have working is subwoofer, microphone, and headphones working.

Anyway I can try to upload it..... And I will, I just noticed I have windows movie maker.

Anyway, I will send you the link once its done uploading and Im done rendering the vid. ;P

One thing, the attachment just made my day :) Thanks @DashPony :D

Go on Facebook type in Gh05t and my page will show from there click my links on the page leading to the music. Please do this I want you to hear them.

I would love to listen to it. If the link would work.  Darn this macbook! I swear these things suck ( MacBooks ) Ill keep trying to get into it.

Very nice! I really liked V0rtex. What is Clubcreate? I've never heard of it before

Well that explains it. Making the sounds from scratch like that will definitely produce better results than the pre-made ones :P

And I never use Nexus for wobble bass. Even the ones in their dubstep expansion sound horrible :lol:  I started out using U-he Zebra 2 for my wobbles, but I just got Massive a few days ago. Once I learn how to use it I should be good to go

• Brohoof 1

Very nice! I really liked V0rtex. What is Clubcreate? I've never heard of it before

Thank you bro!  My favorite is v0rtex too.  Clubcreate is a strictly amateur dubstep/electro/glitchstep ( etc.. )  making website.

• Brohoof 1

Hey sorry I cant upload it to youtube.

Everytime I try to, server rejects the file. And its not corrupted.

Everytime its almost done uploading. Internet explorer has stopped working.

Now I will not get a new web browser because I dont want 2 web browsers on my computer.

GOT IT TO BE UPLOADED >> http://youtu.be/UndsJl8zkc4

Edited by NullCity

I dont make it. But I can dance to it, which I enjoy. although only a small percent of the dubstep I listen to turns into something I can dance to so, but I like most dubstep songs, even If I cant dance to them