Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Makes You Nervous/Anxious?

What makes you nervous or anxious? When do you get that feeling your gut, like before you go on stage to speak in front of a ton of people? Or before a sports tryout?

People in general make me nervous, as well as people watching me whilst I am exercising or doing anything musical.  I don't know why, but playing guitar around others is just really really strange and nerve-racking to me.  It's probably something that I should get over, however I'm very shy in general so I guess that doesn't really leave much room for me facing my fears :/

• Brohoof 2

Ummmm... everything...

I don't know. Social situations make me anxious. Knowing that I'm scheduled to meet a stranger makes me anxious. Humans in general make me anxious. Walking down the street and having a truck slowly creep behind me makes me anxious...

• Brohoof 6

For me long distance travelling is the worse.

For some reason I get supper stressed about missing my trains (for instance yesterday). I normally struggle to eat anything at all on these days.

(edited)

Anytime someone stands over my shoulder and watches me. It makes me feel so self-conscious and i screw up whatever i was doing, nearly. every. time.

I used to get nervous on stage/during a marching band show but i kinda got better about it after awhile. As long as i'm not doing a solo (which only happened once) i was okay. Competition solos are completely different though, i usually had plenty of time to learn them and did well if i was confident in my playing ability. But if i was NOT prepared......

Aside from that job Interviews or any other kinds of interviews are hell for me, and yeah...i generally have alot of social anxiety.

Edited by crazitaco

Almost everything :S

But the things that make me the most anxious include shopping, doing homework (math is the worst), waiting, when working in a group in school, social interaction with someone I'm not very familiar with, being watched by many people, being with girls, when I feel guilty, when someone is using my phone/computer (there's a chance they'll discover my strange music taste or find my folder of anime pics :S), when I'm being asked if I want to socialize and many other things

(edited)

Job Interviews (Which is naturally, everyone gets nervous from these accursed things)
Needles (Sparked from a traumatic experience in a hospital)

Edited by MotoBrony

Pretty much everything. Most of the time I don't know what giving anxiety.

But it's probably just a puberty thingy, so I just ignore it.

Hello!

Being in a large crowd of young people, who start looking at you... I used to get really nervous before basketball matches...

A lot of things might make me nervous, but some are a little private, you see... :P

Sudden noises when I'm alone or outside in the dark or both...

Its a bit difficult to describe... I have pretty sharp hearing and I am quite dependent on it. I almost consider them a second pair of eyes for the things I cant look at. The one thing that always leaves my stomach turning is an unexplained sound amid silence, such as leaf rustling, or something falling off the table in another room, etc.

• Brohoof 1

What really makes me nervous is doing presentations. I'm not really confident when it comes to that stuff. I just feel so surrounded by people who either are paying respect and watching my presentation or the people with wandering eyes or doing other miscellaneous things.

Whenever that happens it shoots my confidence lower for not being a great speaker. Then, I have difficulty picking myself up. I question myself, "Was my presentation not interesting enough to capture the attention of my peers?" I know the content within my presentations are great from my grades, but I still get nervous doing them.

• Brohoof 1

I hate being surrounded by a bunch of black people. 

I'm just kidding XD

39609d1314570876-r-u-hot-pretty-handsome

On a serious note... The thought of not having enough food on the table is a killer to me, because I'm always worried 'bout not having enough food, and I'm always grateful for what I am given.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I get nervous around people, although it stops when I get to know them. I can overcome my nerves, so talking in front of a huge group of people is easy, ironically I'm actually good at it. Still shy but once I start then I can go on and on. I have been complimented for my speeches and presentations for my powerfull voice. Which sounds a lot more powerful in real life.. I'm still nervous while doing it.

I'm also often nervous when I don't know what I'm supposed to do, I feel like I should be doing something but I don't know what it is. I'm often nervous about a lot of stuff, but I can only name these few. I also feel anxious when I think about the future. I can't really think of more stuff, but there are a lot of things that make me anxious or nervous.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

Two things make me nervous. One is nuclear war. The other, carnies; circus folk. Smell like cabbage...small hands...

...Dated reference aside, the whole nuclear warfare thing really does make me nervous, especially with mentally unwell dictators like the Kim family running N. Korea. Still, the anxiety I feel about the whole issue probably pales in comparison to how my parents felt during the Cold War.

Though I love being home alone, I positively shit a brick whenever I hear a sound I can't explain...especially at night.

Driving. I know I'm a good driver, but all these other idiots on the road...nnnnope. mellow.png

Like others, public speaking makes me sweat a little bit as well, though I like to think I do a good job of hiding my nerves when forced into that situation. You'd be surprised how much more credible you can seem when you fake confidence.

Walking around in public. The prevalence of gangsters in my area is frightening, to say the least. I try to make a point never to wear blue or red shirts when I know I'm going to be walking a good distance.

There's probably more generic answers I can give like "exams" and whatnot, but those are the big ones for me.

Being surrounded by people I don't know, crowded roads, driving near trucks, being near stupid people who have fireworks, being near stupid people who have guns (Aka most of my step dad's friends) and being in a room or building that I don't know the fastest way to get out of.

Probably just being near people and unfamiliar rooms are the worst. Nothing is scarier to me then a large crowd or a room I can't run out of.

There are quite a few things that make me anxious.  Tests and public speaking always get to me, although now I'm beginning to feel slightly more comfortable with them.  I don't think I'll ever be 100% anxiety free when it comes to those though.  

Being in bad bad/ rough neighborhoods makes me anxious, especially if I'm alone.  I feel a bit better during the day, but I still feel like something could happen at any moment.  I also have a fear of being mugged, so that doesn't help. 

Driving makes me anxious, although not as much as it used to.  However,every so often, something happens that freaks me out and I can't calm down for a while.  Most of the time its the other people you have to worry about.  So many people run red lights, text and drive and drink and drive. I wish they knew how much danger they're putting themselves and others in sad.png .

I can be a bit shy too, so social situations with many people I don't know can make me anxious at first.  Eventually I get comfortable though after I talk to a few people or meet up with someone I know.  Breaking the ice is hard for me, but once I get past that point things become easier. 

There are others, but those are the main things I can think of.

The thing that makes me nervous is, when I'm in a public place with people that I don't know and when my crush kisses me then I start to blush when my friends are around.

Tests... tests in any form will give me the willies, especially since I have a huge need and pressure to get high grades in all my classes (and then there's MCAT...). I used to be nervous at performing in front of people, but the fear practically disappeared because I'm just playing music in the way I like it in front of everyone.

Airports. Not because I don't trust TSA or anything, but probably because there's so many important things going on at once. My brain pretty much shuts down in airports. i don't think that I could ever travel alone and be able to handle the pressure, especially not internationally. I was with a few people on an international flight to China and I got really sick and weak in the line to security.

Unlike most people, I never feel anxious when publicly speaking. Well, at least not enough to hinder my performance. The last public speaking class I took only had me speaking in front of a bunch of my peers, all of which I could verbally destroy if I so wished, (feeling superior to those around you helps a lot sometimes) so I guess that feeling has stuck and helped me stay cool.

Being late, however, is what makes me stressed. I don't know what about being tardy makes me so worried. I guess I just don't want to let anyone down, but despite how much I assure myself that it'll be fine, I always freak out when I know I'm late for something.

I get nervous when I have to talk in front of the classroom at school. Everyone looking at you with their judgmental eyes. No one even cares what you're saying anyways. Then you have people talking to each other when you're trying to talk, making it feel pointless.

The thing that I'm most anxious about is usually the fact that I have a project die the next day, like to add a new chapter to my fanfic or something.

Exams. Alright, this applies to everyone... but the night before an important exam that will impact my career prospects is a night of terrible anxiety. An exam is the culmination of roughly a year, if not even more, of work and study. If you don't get it right, that all goes to waste. It never sits well with me when something as short as a couple of hours can hinge on the preparation you've done over a year.

It's like what the Cakes felt when transporting their MMMM to the train. Loads of work, and if you don't get it right at the crucial moment, that work becomes null.

• 2 weeks later...

What makes me nervous is knowing that a project will be due probably the next day. I get really stressed since I'm a huge procrastinator.