Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes you feel squeamish?

Sanic Screwdriver

Blood from a fresh wound in real life.

One of the reasons why I could never work at a hospital near actual surgeries.

Can't stand to see someone getting cut so they can operate, makes me real squemish.

Which is weird since I can handle a lot of  other things. But then again most people seem to have that 1 thing they can't handle.

Well, my friend is like:

"Wouldn't it hurt if you put a toothpick under your toenail and kicked a wall?"

I couldn't stop thinking about that for the rest of my class.

Also, some fanfics.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

The thing that makes me feel squeamish, is when I feel pain in my heart from losing a friend or a family member. It just puts my mind and soul at a stand still.

Edited by ~Chaotic Lightning~
  • Brohoof 1

Someone getting hit in the shins, blood from a broken nose, and needles in veins. All those things make me shutter, be squeamish, or a mixture of both.

Honestly, not much.  Blood, pain and the like have no real effect on me.  The only thing I think that really makes me squeemish is biting into things that taste terrible and even then it would have to be pretty terrible

hmm depends if you're talking about real life, or a movie. generally any kind of eye injury makes me look away whether its real or fiction. the sound of broken/crunching bones also makes me cringe.
 blood in movies/cartoons doesn't bother me in the least, though if i saw a huge bloody murder scene in real life i would probably vomit. small amounts of blood wouldn't phase me too badly. needles creep me out too in real life.

Something gooey leaks out of a round hole... The sheer thought of it drives me to hug myself.

I can handle blood and gore, or even bone shattered audibly just fine, but I can't stand it when the victim looks to the camera.

Getting something jabbed in the eye. Ouch. Also, drowning really scares me, because of the time someone nearly drowned me a few years ago. Scariest experience of my life. If I see someone drowning in a movie, I feel like I can't breathe either. *shudder*

That part of human decomposition between 2 and 10 days after death.

Fresh corpse?  No problem.  Even if it was an especially gruesome dismemberment.  It's just what's left once the light has gone out.

Advanced decomposition?  No problem.  It's wrapping up its role in the ecosystem.

Week-old corpse?  Bloated, milky-eyed, and with an unforgettable stench you can pick up a quarter mile away?  No thanks.

You know, the usual stuff. Blood, gore, pain, just about any real life injury, bad acting and hypodermic needles. Hypodermic Needles are one of my few fears, I can manage this fear by not acknowledging the existance of the syringe when the doctor enters the room. My fear of needles was pretty bad when I was a kid, especially when I was hospitalized for a month and they needed daily blood tests.

(edited)

I don't know if this is inappropriate, but the mere description of any kind of genital mutilation, self-inflicted or otherwise, male or female, no matter how old makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. Especially when it's not a "surgical procedure." That's still bad too, but... y'know... some people are just messed up.

Edited by Clover Heart

Needles.

Dear god almighty...I. Hate. Needles.

I don't pass out, and I'm fine getting them, but just looking at them, and especially when I see them inserted into someone's skin, makes my hair stand on end. Every time I get a shot or see someone getting one I HAVE to look away.

You how in some movies people get killed by helicopter blades or some rapidly rotating thing like that? Happened in the new Die Hard movie, hated it.

_56879297_56878762.jpg

Those god damn helicopters. Scary stuff.

Edited by Jverne

there are quite a few things that really make me squeamish for example

I really cannot stand the crunch and taste of onions...

For some reason, those things make me want to gag like... super badly

The smell of garbage makes my stomach go to mush...

The bugs on Borderlands 1 literally just thinking about them makes my spine go limp and my breathing go heavy...

In other words, I panic... (I had to turn over in bed because my brain decided it would be funny to image one crawling on my back...

Even now, I am panicking because of it...) though, I don't mind the drifters...

It's the bugs that can be found mostly in the Dahl Headlands or around New Haven...

Bugs in general...

Look above...

Hearing or seeing someone getting what sounds like the most painful death ever (Saw and Final Destination movies really...

I cannot watch those without flinching..

They're horrifying :( )

So far, this is all I have

I'll come back when I can think of more...

I hate the smell of cigarette smoke. I have to hold my breath everytime I walk past someone who is smoking (of course I don't make it obvious and try not to be rude)

Oh right and there's the other thing with seeing little kids run around on the streets. I don't care if they're just playing tag or something. Everytime I see a group of young children playing on the street "roadkill" comes to mind. It's either I'm a sick person or that I'm just concerned over their safety as I live in a large city where cars don't give two bucks about pedestrians.

I detest awkward humour in television and movies, usually because I imbue the awkward character's attributes to myself and therefore sympathize with their pain in that moment. Inasmuch, Sheldon from Big Bang Theory and watching How to Train Your Dragon both had several egregious moments.

Jellyfish. This began after my brother got stung by one off the coast of France. They are the creepiest living creatures on the planet. If I was in the sea and saw one, I'd be out of there like a rocket. I still hate looking at them in aquariums and other glass tanks - they make me feel uneasy. Nearly chucked at the giant jellyfish scene in Stormbreaker.

Bleh. Horrible things.

Childbirth. Yes that may sound ignorant, but it is true, it is the only thing that makes me gag. Although vomit I would put up there too as well, just the smell of the stomach acid, especially in warm weather. Ugh just the sound makes me want to throw up.