Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is It About You Makes You Feel Less Connected From Most Forum Members?

CC_Maud_Pie

If there was one thing about you that makes you feel less connected from others, what is it? I'm not talking about how we can't meet each other in person or how far we are from each other, but rather about what is it about you that you don't seem to have in common with most members. I titled it this way because not having something in common with people can make us feel more disconnected and isolated from others.

For me, while I do play video games at times (FIFA, GTA, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 currently for now until I see another game I'm interested in spending money and trying it), I don't seem to have the same approach to them as the majority of the forums do, which is enthusiasm and strong interest in it along with having a Steam account. In other words, I don't care too much about video games. And I don't know about you, but part of me thinks members and real life people won't find me interesting anymore. Or maybe I'm just thinking too hard.

Just something I had to get off my chest now.

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie
  • Brohoof 7

I'm a huge fan of the show, I have a huge merch collection, but I am a blank flank T^T

Does anypony know how many posts I have to make before I am ranked up?

Ah, kidding, I was just ranked up to a muffin hehe

• Brohoof 2

I'm too... hmm... I dunno.

I prefer to have longer, deeper, more in-depth, or more intense conversations than most members here. Sometimes the short conversations and playful banter I see around here is okay, but it often leaves me still feeling somewhat unfulfilled.

I'd also say that I'm not a fan of either anime or Pokemon, so there's that, too.

Edited by Admiral Regulus
  • Brohoof 4

People can hold lengthy discussions about the show, and I tend to feel like I don't have much to contribute...

I'm a huge fan of the show, I have a huge merch collection, but I am a blank flank T^T

Does anypony know how many posts I have to make before I am ranked up?

Ah, kidding, I was just ranked up to a muffin hehe

*whispers* you can click the picture of the Muffin or my changeling in order to see the list of ranks.

• Brohoof 4

People can hold lengthy discussions about the show, and I tend to feel like I don't have much to contribute...

*whispers* you can click the picture of the Muffin or my changeling in order to see the list of ranks.

*whispers* thank you! *silently trots away*

• Brohoof 3

Hmm, well, I can't think of a single other polyamorous person (except for my partner obviously) on here that I know of, so I guess that makes me different. Then again, I don't know a lot of other poly people in real life either. It's kinda just me and my feelings...

I wouldn't say that makes me feel excluded in particular though, and if it makes you feel better Maud I'm not really into videogames either. I do have a steam account, but I barely touch it.

Oh! Also I tend to make much longer posts than the average. If I have a lot to say I'll just say it all, even if it's six paragraphs 0_o

• Brohoof 2

The fact i live in a place where bronys are EXTREMELY rare, so i don't have any ways of buying pony stuff for me, nor my parent would accept it anyway, the only way i could do it is importing, but i don't have money for buying it from other country :(

Obs: and the taxes on here aren't just a bit friendly, i would probably end paying the double of the original value  :okiedokielokie:

Edited by Burning Snow
  • Brohoof 3

I like listening to songs in Japanese, and Vocaloids. Most people hate Vocaloid Fans due to they keep on insulting us that we kept wasting our money on HoloGrams and computer made singers. So.. Yeah..

I know how you feel. I love Vocaloid. Thats one think about me that others don't understand, and it that not understanding part that causes me to be self conscious of myself and what I am passionate about. For the longest time I didn't would NOT telling people know what I like and I was just some one in the background. I still am but at least I found friends that are half home school that have a ton of time on their hands and are interested in just about every thing I am, includeing Vocaloids.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not invested in the show or as fanatic of it as most people seem about the show nore do I indulge in the fandom as much. I can relate to you with you're limited interest of video games, it's actually rare to find some one that's as similar to you as you want them to be but all that matters is you're friends are supportive of you.

• Brohoof 2

I like listening to songs in Japanese, and Vocaloids. Most people hate Vocaloid Fans due to they keep on insulting us that we kept wasting our money on HoloGrams and computer made singers. So.. Yeah..

Do you listen to kradness? I just found him recently.

I wouldn't say that makes me feel excluded in particular though, and if it makes you feel better Maud I'm not really into videogames either. I do have a steam account, but I barely touch it.

It's okay. There are forum members here I enjoy seeing everyday who do have that approach to video games. To me, it's more of a real life thing and to a certain extent, teenage mood swings than an online forum thing. When I'm down, I sometimes think that my lack of enthusiasm for that topic disconnects me with peers (people around my age). But I get over these feeling fairly quick because it's usually my mood swings and lack of social interaction that affects this. Also, I remember one time in high school where an ex-student who's in college came to visit and I tried to talk to him about what I've been watching lately and because there was a group of kids who were discussing video games, he walked away from me and joined them. Luckily, this doesn't happen to me that much even though I keep thinking that it would happen to me more times in the near future.

Well...I suppose I'm just not that interesting of a person, I'm kinda just here.

I enjoy your posts in the Rarity Fan Club.
  • Brohoof 1

For myself, It would be the general attitude towards MLP from before G4.  But that's not really that big of a deal, since I go to another forum for people who collect the toys.  Plus I'm a little bit older than the average brony, and I've finished school.  That and I've never been one for discussing the show much. Nothing in it so far has ever really made me upset either, and there's no episode I can say I hate.  I don't take it that seriously because it's a cartoon, and it's supposed to be fun.  I may chime in on something, but nitpicking over it is just a waste of time for me.  I also don't care about any of the fan-made music or fanfiction, and my OC is something I made as a joke when I was drunk (I am fond of the abomination I created, though).

I love this stuff, but I can't say I show my enthusiasm for it in the same way as most of you.  Still, being here has helped remind me why I hung around bronies in the first place. 

• I love G3
  • I'm not a brony and I don't like bronies but I love the show (there are other members here the same way but not many)
  • I hate Princess Luna

Yeah the last one seems to make people actually annoyed for whatever reason, I just don't like her,  :confused:

• Brohoof 5

It's okay. There are forum members here I enjoy seeing everyday who do have that approach to video games. To me, it's more of a real life thing and to a certain extent, teenage mood swings than an online forum thing. When I'm down, I sometimes think that my lack of enthusiasm for that topic disconnects me with peers (people around my age). But I get over these feeling fairly quick because it's usually my mood swings and lack of social interaction that affects this. Also, I remember one time in high school where an ex-student who's in college came to visit and I tried to talk to him about what I've been watching lately and because there was a group of kids who were discussing video games, he walked away from me and joined them. Luckily, this doesn't happen to me that much even though I keep thinking that it would happen to me more times in the near future.I enjoy your posts in the Rarity Fan Club.

Aww thank you, I enjoy your posts as well :)

• Brohoof 1

I suppose for me it's mainly that everyone here seems really social whereas I am not very good when it comes to talking to people. I have been on these forums for over a year now, and although I really love this place, it is still very difficult for me to make posts. I tend to go for long stretches without ever saying anything, and although sometimes I'll have a few days when I force myself to post, I always tend to slip back into lurking.

• Brohoof 4

I know how you feel. I love Vocaloid. Thats one think about me that others don't understand, and it that not understanding part that causes me to be self conscious of myself and what I am passionate about. For the longest time I didn't would NOT telling people know what I like and I was just some one in the background. I still am but at least I found friends that are half home school that have a ton of time on their hands and are interested in just about every thing I am, includeing Vocaloids.

But thats just in real life. On this forums I'm fine because these no real need to tell people what I like unless its a topic, but even then I don't mind telling people about the real me online because its not like they can make my life miserable. People (especially here) tend to be friendlier and open online because its not like they can really judge you or they can just choose not to interact with you.

I'm not a brony and I don't like bronies but I love the show (there are other members here the same way but not many)

I agree. More and more, I'm finding that I really disconnect with bronies and generally accepted fandom opinions.

Most bronies loved Twilight's fight with Tirek. I detest it.

Most bronies now love Equestria Girls. I really kinda wish that it wasn't a thing. 

I wouldn't particularly say I don't like bronies, but I definitely don't connect with them well. 

Edited by Cleverclover
  • Brohoof 1