Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is It About You Makes You Feel Less Connected From Most Forum Members?

CC_Maud_Pie

2 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I'm a huge gun supporter too and I'm libertarian. ;) Well...more like right-wing libertarian.   

YES! Same here and while it is true ive meant a load of libertarians here ive also got into my fair share of (somewhat unwelcome) debates about the validity of the 2nd amendment and gun rights in general....Basically a lot of lefties as well! :pistachio: 

• Brohoof 1

I don’t exactly feel un-connected. But if there was anything I’d say maybe the fact that I don’t hang out in the more social circles of Forum Games and often stay off the forums for weeks at a time. I’m also extremely conservative, and it seems that the majority here are not.  

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I'm not even trying to fit in. I just speak my mind and move on to the next thing.

Also, a very surprising number of bronies are conservative which is just baffling. You'd think that a show with cutesy aesthetics and focused on friendship regardless on one's differences would be a deterrent to conservatives who are all about dominance hierarchies -- whether it is the group projecting dominance towards outsider groups or individuals within the group projecting dominance over who they deem as lesser fellows.

Perhaps conservatism isn't what it used to be. :mlp_wat:

• Brohoof 1

Maybe because I'm to depressive and I'm afraid to fall into another stupid project of mine that I know will be a waste of time for all involved, like my time I was in RP. I didn't realized I sucked so bad at it before it was too late. I might had a connection before...but then I could still make "art" of MLP. And then I realized I sucked at that as well. I think it's because I can't contribute at all or with anything worthwhile. I still love MLP but I realize that I'm not a creative or a good creator of content, and in this fandom that's kinda of a requisite to feel like you truly belong.

• 1 year later...

It’s hard because as far as it goes with things I really like, I’ve seen at least a few others on the forums who likes it as well. Like FNAF for example. Same goes for hobbies as well. There’s nothing that out there that I like or do that I’ve not seen at least a few other people like/do as well on here. I don’t really feel any disconnection in regards to that.

I suppose if anything were to cause a disconnection it would be more related to my personality. Perhaps how overly open I am in regards to myself as well. I’ve not really interacted with many users on here. 

I mean overall If I felt that disconnected to the community here I’d leave, as I’ve done other forums in the past. 

• Brohoof 2

The only time I ever feel a disconnect from anypony is when they talk about something they did on Discord. I don't have or want Discord because I'm busy enough as is, but they mention it quite a lot. :huh:

• Brohoof 2

Despite having been a member of this site for a long time and posting quite a bit (or perhaps not really considering how long I have been here), I have not really attempted to establish connections here; though there are some members with whom I would expect I would get along relatively well.

Well I'll put it in a way that I'm sure most will go "...what?": image you are a human and you got pulled away from the earth in about 1900 and the were dropped back in in 1946 in the middle of Germany. 

You're kinda there going "what happened? What did I miss? How did we get here? How did we get to this point on this? Why are all these people gone(dead accounts)? Etc"

Basically I'm slowly going through trying to figure out what I missed as I didn't think there would be an online community for this as...well you know.

Also the fact that it appears that you have completely opposite sides(beliefs, religion, politics, etc) being somewhat peaceful, for the most part, somehow. 

So everyone here seems to know a general history and goes "this is normal" and such, and I'm going "...what?"

• 2 years later...

I still agree with my former post. I think the majority of my disconnect comes from my personality than my likes. I’ve at least met one other user who’s liked something I like since I’ve joined here.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

"What Is It About You Makes You Feel Less Connected From Most Forum Members?"

*Looks at my current avatar* I'm a Disney duck on a Hasbro My Little Pony forum. :P

Seriously, I've tried shows etc. forum members are interested in but I still don't share those same interests for a lot of reasons.

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-09-20 at 12:18 AM, Clawdeen said:

I still agree with my former post. I think the majority of my disconnect comes from my personality than my likes. I’ve at least met one other user who’s liked something I like since I’ve joined here.

Yeah. . . . . 

I'm not about to pretend that we have alot in common, but I still like and get along with you.

14 minutes ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

Lack of shared interests.

Well I don't know what all your interests are but if your ever down to game, I'll be there.:squee: id be there for you even if it wasn't for that though.

‐---------------------‐---‐------------------------------

I think what separates and makes me feel less connected from most forum members is that maybe I'm too open/ energetic/ extroverted. I think that comes from my desire to never fear anything in life.

It's not me being arrogant or pushy. It's me trying to help in my own way, probably when I shouldn't.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to even begin connecting with people when I lack any conversational skills, things to talk about and relate to people with, etc.

So I kinda just exist in my own little bubble, wandering around and making random posts here and there. Not the most interesting friendship candidate, I would imagine. ^^

• Hugs 1