Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's something you have done hundreds of times that still makes you nervous?

Reecejackox

Making decisions. I’m a caution person who tend to overthink things. At the same, it got to do with being a perfectionist so I tend to think of 4-7 different scenarios/steps ahead before making a decision. Even if that decision is the best and I’m confident about it, I would still be nervous executing it. But that’s when I just need to risk it, gamble, and take a leap of faith. Except if it’s common sense then I tend to go by my gut feeling. 

Social Interaction. I may sound very confrontational, confident, and sociable around people with ease, to the point people would think I’m an extrovert but in reality talking to people makes me really nervous. I do have social anxiety and stress since I don’t work well around people. That extrovert part of me is just a defense mechanism to cope in dealing with people. That’s why I prefer dealing with people in a more professional manner or work related only. It’s like a “on and off” switch where I need my extrovert part ‘on’ to socialize. But I will admit, it’s really mentally exhausting.  

Driving home from my parents place. They live deep in the woods and coming home late is rough due to deers. Two days ago I got break checked three times from deer(and one instant there were 5 together). Gotta stay on edge :pip-err:

• Brohoof 1

Working at my brother’s theater. It’s just a renovation project but the place is huge and there are only two of us trying to tackle the whole thing, often with very little sleep. It’s hard and often discouraging, and I don’t have enough time to devote to it. We've been working at it for years and it still makes me nervous when I know we have to go up there and work.

Driving at night. We have such an overpopulation of deer around here, it's pretty much a question of when, not if, you'll run into one while driving at night. Even on the interstate you have to be careful since they'll just jump over the short fence they have around the woods and fields off to the shoulder.

Walking on any remotely populous street in a neighborhood, truthfully told. You can always count on at least one person's ignorance causing you some kind of danger. Loose dogs and reckless drivers being the two highlights.

• 2 weeks later...

driving, albeit not in the "shaking in my boots" sense. it's more that i dread getting into a collision (no matter how insignificant) because people can't really afford to have their insurance rates hiked. nevermind the emotional trauma that results from being involved in an accident of some sort.

i have a completely clean abstract. on the road, i have to fear other drivers.

Swimming in in a lake or ocean. I love to swim in mostly pools but for some reason in lakes or ocean freaks me out not knowing what’s in there or what is in there or seaweed could tangle me up currents sweep away or something biteing me. I’ve seen what’s in there. That lake I’ve swam in most my life has some scary teeth fish that were half my size. :Thorax: