Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have an easy time making friends?

FatalRain

My biggest problem with making friends is when i get stressed or confused about something, i start using increasingly long words, and it starts to look like im trying to sound smart, at the same time my southern accent gets really think, and its a hilarious combination.

I like to think I'm not a complete train-wreck at making friends...

Oh.. wait.

1441350_688703041149344_813332156_n.jpg

I relate to this.

• Brohoof 2

I do, very much so, actually. But that's mostly due to my shyness, and awkwardness in conversation.

Unfortunately, I get very lonely, too...

You and me both ;a;

It's not as bad online, but in person I tend to randomly say stupid things that make me look idiotic 

I'm not very good at one on one conversation  :blush: 

I dunno. There's a time for words, but sometimes words get too big to take, I guess  :wacko: 

Speaking in fancy again, dammit :D I get nervous talking one on one sometimes and either can't respond or just start rambling, that's really it, and it hinders my ability to make friends :D

I will say that I do fair well when it's a group setting, though  :muffins: 

Oh? That's pretty interesting

I do terrible in group settings

No one usually listens to me, so the more people around, the less likely I am to talk

• Brohoof 1

I'm one of those people that just kinda sticks to my group. So, I never really attempt to make friends often. That's in real life though.

On the Internet. I don't know honestly. It seems like when I approach people they don't exactly attempt at carrying out a conversation so...what can I do if they're gonna basically shut me out? But sometimes I get the friendliest people and become their friend pretty fast. Other times, and this is how a lot of my friends are made, users pop into my profile and start up a chat with me. Of course I'm very open so, once you start talking to me, you'll probably end up being my friend in the end. :P

So, IRL, well I never try really. On the Internet, it's pretty neutral.

I'm one of those people that just kinda sticks to my group. So, I never really attempt to make friends often. That's in real life though.

On the Internet. I don't know honestly. It seems like when I approach people they don't exactly attempt at carrying out a conversation so...what can I do if they're gonna basically shut me out? But sometimes I get the friendliest people and become their friend pretty fast. Other times, and this is how a lot of my friends are made, users pop into my profile and start up a chat with me. Of course I'm very open so, once you start talking to me, you'll probably end up being my friend in the end. :P

So, IRL, well I never try really. On the Internet, it's pretty neutral.

Ah, that's lovely

having a group of friends must be really nice ^^

Ah, that's lovely

having a group of friends must be really nice ^^

It's the small group of nerds that I'm proud to call my friends. :D We all bring our DS's or 3D's to the lunch table and play Pokemon and stuffs! But lunch is about the only time I see them. High school is really fast paced moving from class to class all the time. Hardly see them much.

But yeah it's nice. :) Thanks.

It's very difficult for me to make friends. Sure enough I can find a lot of people who I'll talk to, people who brohoof my content a lot (as far as this site goes anyway) and so on but as far as actual friends go they are few and far inbetween.

I have issue with small talk and a tendency to talk about myself far too often or make every situation about me without realizing it. It's a MAJOR problem.

Couple that with the fact that I deliberately ignore certain things (flaws in video games/music/anime, politics as a whole, anything that I'm not particularly interested in) and don't have a lot to talk about since I haven't had a job to have new experiences (aka MOAR VIDEO GAMES) and you have a very introverted person who doesn't get out much even if he wanted to and a shitty stagnating life and a lot of issues with dealing with people.

I'm also very direct with the things I say and that can come off as very rude. Few people want to associate with someone who's going to tell you that your butt does in fact look big in that dress.

So yeah, it's hard to make friends. :lol:

Well, seeing as how many of us are in the same boat, perhaps we should reach out more to each other here? We may all be introverts, but we could help each other?

That'd be lovely! I'm friendly and open for chat so, come visit me if you and any pony else would like to! New friends are always welcome in my book!

Well, seeing as how many of us are in the same boat, perhaps we should reach out more to each other here? We may all be introverts, but we could help each other?

I would, but I have very bad luck when I start a conversation...it dies in like 10 seconds. Plus, I don't want to look like some weirdo messaging people, and they're all, "wtf is this 30 year old dude talking to me for!?" :P

Well I'm most definitly an Introvert and an INFJ (Jungian Typology alert ) to be precise. Which means I'm quite good (and can sound downright sincere) in formal settings in which I have a "script" of sorts to go bye. An Example would be my job (movie usher) which really only requires a few phrases to succesfully deal with the public. But I'm horrible at and despise "small talk". I can engage in a bit of repartee but that of course requires that the other party has a good deal of wit.

I do have the ability to act cheerful and am usually quite expressive in conversation, to the point it would be easy for someone who doesn't know me to mistake me for an Extrovert ( a famous trait of INFJs ). Which leaves me with a number of aquantences, colleagues, and so forth whom I'm very "friendly" towards but don't really connect with them in any meaningful way ( I really only have one person whom I would consider a true friend and I've only considered them that for about six months ). Because beneath that layer agreeable sociableness I'm rather well..... you remember that scene in the episode "Luna Eclipsed" where Twi is frustrated how no knows who Starswirl is and how she then gets excited at the idea of teaching everyone about pony history (or was it famous wizards..); yeah I'm rather like that, as the length of my post here also proves. So in short: yes I have trouble making friends :squee: .  

I'm defiantly an Introvert when it comes to real life. However over the internet I feel as if I can be myself without being worried of getting judged. Or at least being able to "disappear" if I do make a terrible mistake and make a total tit of myself. 

I have some really close friends that I've known for almost a decade now and I'm hoping they stay my friends forever because they're the only people I can talk comfortably to. I have social anxiety and it gets REALLY hard to start a conversation with a stranger. Ordering food in the city is a real problem for me, I get worked up about what will happen if I screw up a single word in a simple sentence, to someone I will probably only see this one time in my life. That's just how my mind works. 

I don't have many internet friends but would love to make some, as most of my friends don't really play games as constantly as I do and they're all in school so I rarely see them as often I would like. 

So the short answer to this long, unneeded ramble; yes I'm an introvert; no, I have a hard time making friends; If I do become friends with you, then yes I will most likely be your friend for a very long time. :) 

• Brohoof 1

Aww I feel your pain :(

do you have an easier time online than irl, or is it about the same?

Easier online... But RL... I kinda stand there and go "Uh... uh... what do?"

I'm not a very bar kind of person. Hate crowds and don't like strangers behind me.

Online: I don't come across new people too often, but I'm usually open to having them as a new friend.

Offline: I'm terribly recluse and the friends that I do have I'm usually shy around. So it's usually difficult to make new ones.

No, I have no clue how to and the process seems... Really weird to me.

I'm an introvert... A big one, at that. I'm very content with little to no friends in my life.

I really only have 2 people that are my friends.

I also don't participate in a traditional every-day school program. I go once a week for 30 mins and then work at home.

So I never really get the chance to make friends.

I was always the girl in school that everyone knew who I was, but no one cared.

It didn't bother me much, I didn't like many of them anyway.

So no. Friend-making isn't easy for me XD

I do have trouble with it, like everyone here I'm very quiet and shy. Online too, I barely ever post unless it's about my art or something. I'm also terrible at keeping conversations going because I always run out of things to say. And people would think I didn't want anything to do with them since I wouldn't talk, so they leave me be. But I don't like being left alone like that. It's self-inflicted.

I recently made a drawing about this though, being shy and all that. And it was a BIG drawing - 25 feet long. Through it, I was able to speak up and open up about myself, and now my classmates are more actively trying to be friends with me and include me in things. I've made more friends in two months than I have in two and a half years at school here. I still have trouble talking to them sometimes or keeping conversations going, but they know now that that's just how I am. And at least I am a good listener :)

Edited by Powderpuff

I am a very amiable person and quickly make friends, however I also take to heart the old saying to choose your friends wisely for he who lies with dogs awakes with fleas.

• Brohoof 1

I will usually start with seeing, if this friendship is going to work and if none of us are going to put any effort in the relationship I won't do much about it either. I don't know how long I keep friends, since I don't know a lot of people out from school and those people I was friends with for about 10 years ago, I've lost contact to them because of lack in effort on my site, and then I've messed up some friendships and relationships with other people as well, so I do not know. But I have a few friends in my current school, that I've been through quite a lot and so thankful for, that even though we're going to part ways in a few months, I somewhere blindly still hopes that we'll keep the contact. 

I believed in sometime I was an extrovert, because I liked to be with others and when you've known me for some time I'm very talkative, but when I told this to my closest friend she replied with a very loud '' NO! You're definately not an extrovert, you're the most introverted person I know. '' and she's also the most introverted person I know, so I have really no sure clue but I probably guess that I'm more introverted?

I don't trust people, and I'm a closed up person in general. I don't like to lie, so I tend to answer honestly. My honest opinion is usually a rude one, and people are very easily offended. I have a hard time making friends. An extraordinarily hard time. Most people find me annoying, but even if someone doesn't find me annoying, I never tell them anything personal. That bugs people, because they've practically told me their life story and I won't tell them anything. See, I have this awkward tendency to not tell anyone anything about myself unless they ask. People never ask, so I just assume that they don't care and stay quiet. 

TLDR; I'm somewhat annoying and way too honest and closed up and I have a really hard time making friends.

I am a very amiable person and quickly make friends, however I also take to heart the old saying to choose your friends wisely for he who lies with dogs awakes with fleas.

Very true, the saying I like best about friends goes something like, "Don't make friends with an elephant tamer unless you have room for an elephant."

I will usually start with seeing, if this friendship is going to work and if none of us are going to put any effort in the relationship I won't do much about it either. I don't know how long I keep friends, since I don't know a lot of people out from school and those people I was friends with for about 10 years ago, I've lost contact to them because of lack in effort on my site, and then I've messed up some friendships and relationships with other people as well, so I do not know. But I have a few friends in my current school, that I've been through quite a lot and so thankful for, that even though we're going to part ways in a few months, I somewhere blindly still hopes that we'll keep the contact. 

I believed in sometime I was an extrovert, because I liked to be with others and when you've known me for some time I'm very talkative, but when I told this to my closest friend she replied with a very loud '' NO! You're definately not an extrovert, you're the most introverted person I know. '' and she's also the most introverted person I know, so I have really no sure clue but I probably guess that I'm more introverted?

To me it sounds like your likely an Introvert, since you said you become talkative after you've someone for a while. An Extrovert would start off by being talkative ( sometimes not always ), and wouldn't neccesarily need to know the person all that well.