Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have an easy time making friends?

FatalRain

I'm very outgoing these days as a rule. When I was younger I was more introverted initially but I opened up very easily once approached. I just had a hard time making the first move. It feels more natural now for me to speak first and carry a conversation when I meet someone for the first time. 

Once I make friends I tend to keep 'em for the long haul. It just feels natural.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I've always been more of an extrovert, I enjoy meeting new folks so yeah it's naturally easy for me. I'm a pretty down to earth person when it comes to making friends. :D I used to be a bit shy as a little kid though. Guess I grew out of it. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly even since I was a kid making friends has been really easy for me. I always liked meeting new people and never had any real anxiety about it.

So far I’ve kept pretty much all of my friends, the only ones I’ve lost contact with are ones that unfortunately fell victim to my random cut-offs for no real reason. I mean, I generally like people and making new friends, but sometimes I just want to be left alone and end up insensitively blocking out those people on the “outside world.” This isn’t something I like about myself, and I wish I could stop, but I always end up doing it about every two to three months. :sunny:

But I couldn’t call myself an extrovert because between being around people and being alone in my room, I favor the latter. 

It confuses me though because I am so comfortable around people on campus and meet new people with no problems, but I have always just not trusted doctors, teachers, counselors, police officers...anyone who tries to front as my friend without really knowing me. I don’t mean to offend, but I have just had really bad experience with these types of people. So I can come off as very standoffish and perhaps rude to some people simply because of the lack of trust that I make up in my head. Again, I wish I could stop, but I just don’t know how. Maybe I’m just a jerk? 

I’ve kept my two best friends from middle school for nine years now, mainly because they persisted and refused to fall victim to any cut-offs. They understood that it was just a part of me that I didn’t understand and were there for me through it. I couldn’t ask for anyone better than these two. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

When I was younger I had lots of friends (in school) but that's because they approached me first. Now I can barley keep a conversation going about things I'm even interested in. Maybe I've got brain damage or something? :ooh:

• Brohoof 2

I don't have an easy time making friends because my personality seems decidedly unfriendly. I'm not as bad as I appear but I don't go out of my way to seek friends. The few I have are the result of them making the first move. I don't make an effort because I don't care. I'm perfectly happy by myself.

15 hours ago, Messy Mane said:

I have less than 10 friends in real life.

Your lucky, I wish I had ten at least ten friends in real life, I only have one friend in real life and he lives in a different state now that I moved away from him :sunny:..................

I have @Sherbert Music-Guard on the forums here, he's my best friend here on the forums, but he lives a whole ocean away from me in real life, I wished he lived closer :( 

I've always been a really friendly person, and my classmates have always liked me, but........ I just can't seem to connect with many people on a friendship level, they just think of me as an acquaintance, but nothing more. Which is probably why I eat lunch at school all by myself, and I don't have anyone to hang out with after school, besides you guys on the forums of course, you guys are some of the nicest people I have ever meet, and I hope that I can continue to build many more friendships on here to make up for what I don't have in real life :fluttershy: 

• Brohoof 3

Not really,  I've had to learn to be a people person given my line of work.    Just I have a few good friends and I like having that more than just a bunch of empty ones.  

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Oh absolutely! Making friends is always a fun adventure. I'm described by friends and family as quite boisterous, inviting, warm and friendly. (I'm a Leo, it comes naturally, if you believe that sort of thing ;3 ).

I like starting up coversations, even with strangers because you never know what you can learn from someone else. I've always wanted to go to that one "world library" where you can "check out" a person and sit and listen to their life stories, experiences and journeys in life. Great conversation can almost always be had. 

Edited by Memento Mori

It is nearly impossible for me these days. I am very much a social fuckup. I always say the wrong things or put someone off without knowing it. Hell, even online my social life has been dwindling further and further into the abyss. As the years go on, it gets more difficult.

• Brohoof 1

No, not at all. I used to push people away when I was younger due to about a quarter of them using me which made me suspect all of them were, nowadays with the Facebook "no talk to me for 15 hours I delete!" mentality coupled with my depression I just don't bother. I used to worry about inflicting my pain on others, now I don't care because it's painfully obvious neither do they.

(edited)

No. I don't trust easily and it takes a while to break my "Walls". I also don't like involving myself personally in conversation unless I know the person; making it difficult for the conversation to have flow and structure.

Edited by Ricebug
  • Brohoof 2

I have no problem at all making good acquaintences with people, but I can't seem to make the transition to friend work. Most of the things I like doing for fun don't lend themselves easily to get-togethers, so there's always this certain point relationships always seem to get to, but never cross. If someone else invited me to do something that they enjoyed, I'd probably jump at the opportunity. Well, as long as it wasn't something completely incompatible with how I function.

How it's works is people usually come to me first and I'd decided if they're "friend worthy" or not. 

Yeah, I guess. I can be quiet with people that I'm unfamiliar with, but I'd like to consider myself a pretty approachable person overall.

• Brohoof 1