Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone have problems making new friends?

zerox

So I would like to make some new friends but I'm bad at making them. Anyone have an idea how should I make some new friends?

• Brohoof 3

7 minutes ago, Impulse said:

For online friends or irl ones?

Irl- from jobs mostly

Online-here on forums

Both. I only have online friends. No IRL friends my age sadly.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, zerox said:

I have friends in my age group in their 20's up to 40's

And how come?

2 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I have friends in my age group in their 20's up to 40's

And how come?

Well I spend most of my time at home and don't go to many places where I could meet any people.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, zerox said:

Well I spend most of my time at home and don't go to many places where I could meet any people.

At home?Do you work from home or?

Hmm

• Brohoof 1

57 minutes ago, Impulse said:

At home?Do you work from home or?

Hmm

I don't work because of my disabilities. So much of my time I spend at home. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Brony Number 42 said:

Don't trust your assistant to get a brain. Last time I did, he got the wrong one and I made a monster. Oh well, live and learn.

A friend who is an assistant who has no brain is priceless example ( pinkie and the brain)

And you making him a monster. Even priceless! You are a true friend... You make a monster out of them.

Thats what friends do.

So lets make a monster out of as all shall we?:griiin:

6 hours ago, zerox said:

Irl is so 90'sand 00's!

AI friends are the new fab hehehehhe:manic-laughter:

5 hours ago, zerox said:

I don't work because of my disabilities. So much of my time I spend at home. 

Everything can be used or weaponize as entertainment! Use that to get money yes and get friends at the same time hehehe perfect yes? Its like hitting two stones with one birb:derp:

1 hour ago, Brony Number 42 said:

I don't think I have any new friends except for work friends. Other than that, I have 3 friends from college or high school?

......we can be friends:griiin:

Think of all the evil we can do rogether?:manic-laughter:

3 hours ago, Evil Pink One said:

A friend who is an assistant who has no brain is priceless example ( pinkie and the brain)

Actually it was a Frankenstein reference, as in literally making a friend.:izzy-oooh:

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

Personally I make most of my friends online from shared interests and on forums and websites like this :catface: IRL I just pray the people around me like the stuff I do.... usually not :scoota-sad: I'd say just be nice and friendly!

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Rarity Gemstones said:

Well, I certainly could write an entire book on what not to do, I suppose? I've never really had friends before.

Knowing whats wrong would eventually lead you on how to do it right.

1 hour ago, rainsoul said:

Personally I make most of my friends online from shared interests and on forums and websites like this :catface: IRL I just pray the people around me like the stuff I do.... usually not :scoota-sad: I'd say just be nice and friendly!

You can force them you know hehehe

Making friends is easy. Keeping them is a different story. Over the years I've seen many friendships come and go, with only a small handful remaining. 

Making real life friends seems harder and harder when you get older. When growing up, you were kinda forced to meet new kids and make new contacts. Kindergarten, elementary school, high school, college... basically our first ~18 years society rub everyone's faces together and occasionally chemistry would work and friendship emerge. If not, then maybe with the next kid.

As an adult however... Some found friends from work, but then again, others may have so solitary jobs that it's impossible to meet and befriend coworkers. Or, the working atmosphere is so lousy, that the last thing you want to do is hang out with those d*cks on your past time.  Been there, done that :yuck: And as said, some don't have a job anyways.

I'd suggest that lonely persons could try to find new people to their lives via hobbies. Sports is good way to bond with others. It doesn't even have to be a team sport, could be something as simple as jogging. There are groups in facebook for example, where people look company to work out with. I have made one good friend that way from the local camping and hiking group.

If that's not for your liking, how'bout book clubs, arts and craft meetings etc? Or starting some voluntary work? These are sorta like going back to school, it doesn't matter if you make a bad first impression or feel ashamed of something, there's always next week and next try. And if you're too shy to interact and talk with others at first, you can just observe and listen. Eventually everyone open up more and you'll have, if not friends, at least friendly people around you.

• Brohoof 1