Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have an easy time making friends?

FatalRain

Yeah, if I shut up and stop jabbering. But I get nervous around new people, so i'm quiet until I know them better or I they talk about something I can relate to like pokemon. The same rules don't apply to online friends.

Yeah, if I shut up and stop jabbering. But I get nervous around new people, so i'm quiet until I know them better or I they talk about something I can relate to like pokemon. The same rules don't apply to online friends.

I can usually relate to most topics unless it's like Sci Fi or science stuffs

then I'm just like  >_>

Interesting theory

I've tried something similar, if not the exact same thing

but when it comes to trying to get them to hang out with me and such, they tend to reject me or never invite me out ^^;

I guess it just takes time for some people. ^^"

But nonetheless, never give up. ^^

I guess it just takes time for some people. ^^"

But nonetheless, never give up. ^^

I'm not, but I'm also not rushing it either

If I happen to make buddies, then lovely, if not, that's cool too

I've found that I'm very good about finding ways to begin socializing with others, and thus it's very easy for me to make many acquaintances.

However, keeping them is very hard for me, because I am the "annoying" type that practically everybody hates after a short amount of time.

• Brohoof 1

I usually don't talk much, or smile either, but I can talk when I'm spoken to. As for the question, I guess I make friends easy, if they share the same interests as me. Like when I went to NYLT, National Youth Leadership Training, for Boy Scouts I didn't think I was going to make any friends, but I came home with eight. Also one being a brony, which was AWESOME! I herd him talk about the fanfic Cupcakes to the other scouts one night and then another time I herd him singing Winter Wrap Up. So I just had to ask, and what do you know he is one! Also he has a brother who looks just like him and his brother is a closet brony. My friend thinks Twilight is best pony...gag. :P

Edited by Bridge

Not really. I get nervous around people I don't know and often don't approach them in fear of rejection. Being shy doesn't help. :(

Edited by Swoony

sorta o_o I talk a lot but its always about odd subjects, either I annoy them or creep them out, plus not that used to having too many friends now a days 0_o. I don't have a herd either just wonder around xD I try getting friends too, most of what I do is like a test in a way to see if they can tolerate me too xD

I can talk to people a bit but I have a hard time making friends because I act way different around people I feel comfortable with.

When I’m just around acquaintances, I’m one of those quiet dudes that seems really introverted, but when I’m around friends, I can be really talkative and crazy (my IRL brony crony nicknames me Pinkie Pie). 

And because of that, I have a hard time showing people who I really am, so they misjudge my personality and end up not liking me as a result. 

Being out of school, it's hard to make friends... I mean, I didn't have a very easy time of it even back in university, but now I hardly see a soul outside of my visits to the library. I'm such an introvert, I think I would be happy with just one good friend.  :blush:

• Brohoof 1

I have too many friends and the problem is i cant handle them all. They are like "come to my party" "lets go bowling" "hey are you gonna come with us to cyber cafe?" "wanna drive go-karts today" and i cant say no to them. Im like "Maybe if i get some money....." "I lost my books i need to find them sorry :(" etc... Having alot of friends is not really a good thing. Instead of having lots of friends, have a 1 good friend thats the important thing. If you have tons of friends, someday one of them can trick you, backstab you (not with a real knife) or insult you on the eyes of everyone else. You never know. Im not saying i dont have lots of friends but you need to be careful. Dont trust anyone, even yourself ;)

Edited by Twilightlicous

Yes. To be perfectly honest, I think I've lost that skill.  I've become a fairly warm person, but it just seems like everyone in my life has become an acquaintance. It's always sad to see them go, but I never hear from them again. I'm closer with certain acquaintances over others of course, but we're linked purely out of immediate circumstance.

I have a small handful of friends, but they're a crowd I've known since grade 5 and they've proven themselves over the years.

• Brohoof 1

Nope not really that is something that I have found to be a real challenge nowadays. A real challenge for sure that is but then again that is kind of the thing as you get older I think and just depends on who you are as a person.

• Brohoof 1

I don't have an easy time making friends but the friends I do make I know will support me no matter what.

If so, do you keep those new friends?

Yes.

How long do you tend to keep friends?

I still have a friend that I met when I was 3. so yea about 13 years I think is the longest friendship and it is still going so yea :P

Are you an introvert or an extrovert? 

I am a massive introvert there is no doubt about that... buuuut when you get to know me I am a massive extrovert  :derp: (sometimes)

Easy enough, thankfully.

I like to balance akward situations with self-depreciating humor, that's a real ice breaker.

Although, I don't particularly LIKE people, so I tend to not try to increase my friend-pool if I can help it. Most kids my age are disturbingly quirky, anyway, so I'm good.

It really depends in my case. I remember back in year 7 all of my other friends back in primary school all left to different high schools so I was all by myself. When I got agonised into my class which was going to be my classmates for the whole year I had to make friends. Sometimes I feel as if I'm drawn into making friends and sometimes I don't but overall making friends is really hard so no, its not that easy for me.

Not really, don't get out too much, one of those quiet kind of guys.

I'm sure if I actually went out and socialized with people that have the same interests as me, then I would make friends a bit easier.

Not really. I get nervous around people I don't know and often don't approach them in fear of rejection. Being shy doesn't help. :(

Aww

I feel you

I'm in the EXACT same boat

it's must easier for me to socialize online

• Brohoof 1

I really do not have an easy time. Most people tend to find me annoying after awhile and my anger problems tend to get in the way. 

Anyways, I have kept some friends that i'm still with now. Most people tend to also find me "different" and "weird". 

I have a hard time making friends..

• 9 months later...

Hell no! I usually have a hard time making friends and while it may be because of my Aspergers Syndrome, I don't think it's fair to blame it on it. When I was in high school, I had a friend who listened to similar music as me. He did go to the same college as me this year. But he hit a low and stopped going to college and I don't wanna tell how this happened because it's a long story that doesn't involve me. It was pretty hard for me since he was the only one who I can have something in common with. In the meantime, I met a new person at the El Sobrante stroll whose mom knew my mom and he had Aspergers and went to the same Elementary school and goes to the same college as me. I don't really know how this is gonna turn out to be honest. I've also been trying my luck at Meetup.com being in two Aspergers meetups. The first one was a big waste of time because most of the members were too old for me, I wasted money going on BART and eating at restaurants, and I couldn't connect with others and not understand the topics they're talking about. The other group is pretty descent with the organizer paying for everything. But I'm probably there more for the activities. Still, it's good enough considering my social life is pretty mediocre. At college, I'm too concerned about paying attention and working and the only interaction I have is small talk. The thing I learned about social stuff is that being nice isn't enough to connect with others. Rather, interests connect with others. This was a big wake up call to me. Overall, my social life is very mediocre and I would say it has been since around 3rd to 5th grade. I've only realized how mediocre it is during Spring 2014 and damn, not only was that hard to swallow but I ended up acting like Rarity when talking about it. Apart from trying Meetup.com, I started doing what many of my fellow high school peers were doing so that I can relate; watching anime. Sorry for the long rant, but I had to get this off my chest.

Edited by CC_FlutterMaud
  • Brohoof 1