Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have an easy time making friends?

FatalRain

I definitely don't; I have a severe case of Social Anxiety Disorder, to the point that I can't even talk with somebody over Skype. It's not quite that bad if it's just typing, on a forum or chatbox, or whatever, but I'm more reactive than proactive; I need someone else to initiate a conversation and such, I can respond to other people well enough, but left to my own devices I can't really do much more than say "hi" and hope that the other person actually gets the convo going. I like to talk to friends when I can, but I have a lot of difficulty doing so. If friendship is magic, then I'm a muggle  :huh:

Well, that was.. cheerful. Sorry folks :P

I give good advice (I'm told) and I'm open, and optimistic. Yes, people flock to me.

Very true, the saying I like best about friends goes something like, "Don't make friends with an elephant tamer unless you have room for an elephant."

To me it sounds like your likely an Introvert, since you said you become talkative after you've someone for a while. An Extrovert would start off by being talkative ( sometimes not always ), and wouldn't neccesarily need to know the person all that well.

That's why my friends reaction was like '' No! You're the most mysterious person I know '' and all that stuff. :3

Easier online... But RL... I kinda stand there and go "Uh... uh... what do?"

I'm not a very bar kind of person. Hate crowds and don't like strangers behind me.

Augh, I hate crowds myself

something about being surrounded by strangers makes me panic

I'm not really sure how I managed to survive the one concert I went to ^^'

Crud theres a lot of socially awkward people in the forums... or is it just the awkward that post here? hmmm.... anyway, i think a lot of  people here are the fluttershies of the world.

• Brohoof 1

Eh... I try. I'm not really liked anywhere... not even here. At least, I think.

I mean, at first, I am a bit bashful and sometimes won't talk. But once people get to know me, I'm a very outgoing person. Like, my personality changes on me when I'm around a lot of friends. But overall, I can get along with people just great.

It's super easy for me to make friends in real life because I'm so awesome and lovable, and who couldn't resist me. Am I right?

Anyways all jokes aside, its quite easy because I'm very social and extroverted when I'm somewhere that I feel comfortable. At school I can literally talk to anyone that passes by. It's just a tiny bit harder when I'm somewhere that I am not very familiar with though.

Lol nope. I am the most socially awkward person you could ever meet.

Awww I'm sure I'm pretty up there on the socially awkward scale too

But some people find it quirky and end up wanting to be your friend because of it!

An easy time...? It's nearly impossible for me to make friends... I'm kinda that guy that sits in the corner and beats himself up on the inside... :(

Well, stop beating yourself up! Become the person you want to be and people are sure to like you too~

• Brohoof 1

I have always been a real shy and anxious person but I have made alot of friends over the years, the only problem is I never made a best friend or any friend that didn't like others above me which is confusing to me because I'm one of the nicest people you could meet. I can't seem to be able to have a friend for more than a few months now, but some would come back and forth because they would get bored of their new friend. Ugh, I just want to find a great friend to talk to daily.

Eh... I try. I'm not really liked anywhere... not even here. At least, I think.

I mean, at first, I am a bit bashful and sometimes won't talk. But once people get to know me, I'm a very outgoing person. Like, my personality changes on me when I'm around a lot of friends. But overall, I can get along with people just great.

That's how I tend to feel

but I'm never really sure why people don't like me 

it's a weird thing

I have a hard time making friends now, it's weird too, before it was easy and now it's harder than ever :(

But I think it's mostly because of my shyness, which I'm trying to overcome slowly.

I don't know how, but I can meet someone, say a few words, and were friends. just like that. XD

I have a hard time making friends now, it's weird too, before it was easy and now it's harder than ever :(

But I think it's mostly because of my shyness, which I'm trying to overcome slowly.

I never had an easy time making friends, but I can certainly say that I have a much harder time now ^^'

It's good that you're trying to work on it

it's not terrible to be shy, but at the same time it's better to be able to talk to people >A<

• Brohoof 1

Yea, I guess so. Im on the quieter side, but by no means socially awkward, so I do have alot of friends irl. Just find people that share common interests and start talking! the more you put yourself out there, the more friends you can develop. Approach people! It feels really good when I know someone wants to talk to me, so in most cases, people like getting approached. When it comes to online though, I only have a handful of friends :( I guess that dosent work so great on the internet.

Yea, I guess so. Im on the quieter side, but by no means socially awkward, so I do have alot of friends irl. Just find people that share common interests and start talking! the more you put yourself out there, the more friends you can develop. Approach people! It feels really good when I know someone wants to talk to me, so in most cases, people like getting approached. When it comes to online though, I only have a handful of friends :( I guess that dosent work so great on the internet.

I put myself out there quite a bit before ^^'

It just doesn't work out for me

It works better for me online though because if I get rejected, I never have to see the person again!

I am pretty extroverted and easy going to that makes it quite easy for me to make new friends, though I think I haven't made many 'quality friends' if you know what I mean :P 

(edited)

I am pretty extroverted and easy going to that makes it quite easy for me to make new friends, though I think I haven't made many 'quality friends' if you know what I mean :P

Making quality friends tends to be tough

everyone has different thoughts and values

and it seems like the "magic of friendship" is lost in our reality ;a;

Edited by FatalRain

Usually, yes! ^^

I love to make friends, so I guess past experience has made it easier? I dunno. ^^"

I know becoming a Brony and watching MLP has really opened me up more. ^^

So, that may be why as well! ^^

Oh, and treating people like they're already a friend will double the speed of a forming relationship. ^^

Edited by Adorkable

I'm really nervous about meeting new people and tend to stay quiet. On top of that when I do talk about something that I find interesting, I tend to get really obsessive and you can't get me to shut up. I also have a tendency to be really blunt and sarcastic in real life. Plus most of the things I'm interested are really weird and kind of creepy, so I have a hard time relating to others. Overall I have a hard time making friends even though I try to be really friendly and helpful most of the time.

Usually, yes! ^^

I love to make friends, so I guess past experience has made it easier? I dunno. ^^"

I know becoming a Brony and watching MLP has really opened me up more. ^^

So, that may be why as well! ^^

Oh, and treating people like they're already a friend and double the speed of a forming relationship. ^^

Interesting theory

I've tried something similar, if not the exact same thing

but when it comes to trying to get them to hang out with me and such, they tend to reject me or never invite me out ^^;