Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have an easy time making friends?

FatalRain

It's near impossible for me to make friends in real life. I'm just a socially-awkward, mild-mannered dork that wears glasses, and because my school is pretty much a zoo for apes (if you know what I mean) NO ONE wants to come near a guy like me. The only friends I have are the ones I had back in Primary School and my internet friends. Not that I'm saying there aren't any decent guys in my school, it's just that the amount of fuckheads outweigh the amount of friendly people in my school.

I'm a pretty open person, both online and in real life. I believe I have it easy making friends. Just give 'em a friendly handshake, look them in the eye and engage in a conversation. Most of my friendships are kept via us doing parties, going to the movies, hanging out, visiting local bars etc.

I love my friends, whether they're IRL or online.

Edited by Guest

Excessivly difficult for me. Being an introvert doesn't help at all.

Aww I feel your pain :(

do you have an easier time online than irl, or is it about the same?

I find it really really hard to make friends. Even now i could count my friends on one hand. I have always struggled.

Same here ^^'

Lately, I've been feeling like the people I considered friends aren't true friends and it's been sort of bumming me out 

but oh well, I've only met a small portion of people in the world so far!

• Brohoof 1

I have an uncanny ability to say the wrong thing and annoying people!

This.

Happens to me all the time.  I always accidentally blurt stuff out, just to have the entire classroom I'm in take it in an offensive or sexual way.

Edited by abct8
  • Brohoof 1

Bah, too easy of a time making friends. I'm pretty antisocial, and don't like getting crowded and trapped in by the obligation to spend time socializing, like how in the Sims if you don't talk to someone in a while, you begin to get unhappy. That doesn't happen with me.

So instead, I have to make friends just to seem normal. But as with everything, practice makes perfect, so you get really good at it if you know what you're doing. So you get all these fun quirky one-liners that really work well, and bring everyone in to try to share in some of your innate bright happiness and joy, and suddenly you're just really popular and you don't know how it happened.

I just went to a trade show yesterday that my company sponsored. I had each and every vendor eating out of my hand, considering how bored they all are to have to repeat the same schpiel to 400+ people over and over again once every fifteen minutes. They filled my swag bag with more free loot than I could handle. I have everything from a smoke alarm to paint rollers to a bag of grass seed in there. A whole bag of grass seed!

Aaugh friendship and magic.

• Brohoof 1

Yay! An Introvert Club! Or is that an oxymoron...?

Nope, it makes absolute perfect sense!

post-24559-0-78200600-1394763897.gif

Edited by Zhortac

I do have a hard time making friends in real life.

I am a loud, random, eccentric, and crazy girl and some people may find that annoying.

I just assume that new people won't like me due to my personality.

So I just wait for people to approach me.

• Brohoof 1

No, I'm a very quiet person, and thus it takes me awhile to make new friends. My closest friends are my internet friends, since it seems easier for me to open up here on the internet. As for real life, I'm definitely and introvert, but I do like to stick with the friends I have. However, a couple of my old friends and I have fallen apart over the years, but I still try to talk to them occasionally. :)

Exactly This............I for one love to talk to people, yet my shyness kicks in, b/c im literally afraid on what I should say.  Indeed though, I have many friends online too, which is great.

• Brohoof 1

I usually can strike up a convo rather easily, and if we get along i have a new friend. The main problem i see others having is trying once, failing, and thinking their failures from then on. I keep very few close friends, 2 atm.

I do have a hard time making friends.... I just usually don't say anything because I always end up humiliating myself infront of other people.... Like saying something really stupid. So, I just gave up on trying to make friends.... Girls are the worst to me, they always seem to give me the 'stay the buck away from me' kinda look.... :\

It depends on where I meet them. If I meet them at church, it will be a while before I talk to them. (The people at my church intimidate me) If I meet them at school, I will be very friendly and more outgoing. If I meet them in the street, I'll be polite and friendly. But when I do finally make friends,I stay friends with them for a long time.

Not in the slightest.

I can't talk to people. I'm completely clueless when it comes to conversation. Meeting new people is a monumental challenge for me and it has plagued me for my entire life, and probably will until the day I die. Shy is too light a word to describe it. I succumb to immense nervousness and fear when trying to talk to most people

I do have a hard time making friends in real life.

I am a loud, random, eccentric, and crazy girl and some people may find that annoying.

I just assume that new people won't like me due to my personality.

So I just wait for people to approach me.

You sound fun to me

at least you're not dull and boring like me ^^'

Hay yeah I do! Sometimes, it's in the most unexpected of places. One time, I was at Blizzard Beach and this guy and I had finished a sled race down a waterslide. I lost by just a few tenths of a second, but I treated it well and walked away with a new friend. Also, finding common interests helps me make friends, whether it be music, games, or even ponies. 

• Brohoof 1

I do have a hard time making friends.... I just usually don't say anything because I always end up humiliating myself infront of other people.... Like saying something really stupid. So, I just gave up on trying to make friends.... Girls are the worst to me, they always seem to give me the 'stay the buck away from me' kinda look.... :\

I usually get along with female more, and I do have more female friends...of course that's the worst part, it's friends...I am like the president of the friendzone lol.

Exactly This............I for one love to talk to people, yet my shyness kicks in, b/c im literally afraid on what I should say. Indeed though, I have many friends online too, which is great.

Wow.. I never thought I'd come across someone who has the same friend-making issues as me..

• Brohoof 1

I'm not very good at one on one conversation  :blush: 

I dunno. There's a time for words, but sometimes words get too big to take, I guess  :wacko: 

Speaking in fancy again, dammit :D I get nervous talking one on one sometimes and either can't respond or just start rambling, that's really it, and it hinders my ability to make friends :D

I will say that I do fair well when it's a group setting, though  :muffins: