Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was it easy for you guys to make friends on the forums?

TheCountryArtist

It was quite quick and easy for me,
everyone here is so friendly,
even though I may not get to talk to you all often, but I am happy to have made so many friends 
A few of my first friends would be @Hightlyze, @Lucky Bolt, @Cyclone (Also just got to congratulate you both on hitting your first year anniversary on valentines day and I wish you many happy years together) and @Tacodidra,
but ofcourse I have made many friends over the course of just under a year and a half

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Sherbert MGS said:

It was quite quick and easy for me,
everyone here is so friendly,
even though I may not get to talk to you all often, but I am happy to have made so many friends 
A few of my first friends would be @Hightlyze, @Lucky Bolt, @Cyclone (Also just got to congratulate you both on hitting your first year anniversary on valentines day and I wish you many happy years together) and @Tacodidra,
but ofcourse I have made many friends over the course of just under a year and a half

Ohh, thank you so much. :mlp_please:

Well, it was easier than in real life for sure. But easy? Not really. I consider pretty much everyone on my friend's list here more of an online acquaintance than an actual friend, like I would talk to them and be around them in real life if I had the chance kind of friend. But it's still definitely an improvement over real life for me. Seriously, in real life it's really, really hard for me in real life to make friends. On here, it's much easier. I don't actually have to have real, physical conversations.

• Brohoof 1

Not really, I am confident enough to say I'm not exactly friendly with everyone here either, hahaha. But I have made some of my closest friends here, and this is honestly one of the friendliest forums I ever joined, sooooo...... 

• 4 months later...

Wasn't crazy difficult at first when I first joined, but these days I am not so sure. Doesn't seem like I am good at it. I can't tell if I come as abrasive to many or if I am just not a good friend. Hardly anyone ever seeks me out like people do with many others here.

Considering that I've never had that many offline friendships, I've been surprised about how easy it has been.

Sometimes I even feel a bit annoyed with myself, thinking about how most of my friendships here have started as a result of other people approaching me (I should do that more often myself) – what if that had never happened? Obviously, a friendship requires some effort from both parties, but I still feel my friends deserve most of the credit for the friendships I've made here. :twismile:

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 2

I am always looking for new friends. The easiest way is to approach newcomers at the forum, rather than oldbies or staff members.
For oldbies, you have usually years of topics and old friendships to catch up on, such as why does this person laugh at that joke?

For staff members, you realize very quickly how much work and how busy they are, to make this a good place for us (regular members). The last thing you want is to interrupt that, or even take their time by tagging them in a silly forum game.

But that doesn't mean that i am not trying to approach anyone that seems interesting to talk to. Or just joke around and doing silly stuff all day/night long.

Then we have the friends-list nightmare. The manual friends groups of people. So there are groups of people here that hang out, some of them I am lucky to be part of, others, I will probably never be part of as they have built their friendships around this group. But I see it as a cool challenge if I can get to know someone from that group, and what the result would be, like if a few of them would talk to me while the others are ignoring me. Kinda what happens.

I take it one day at a time, hopefully meeting interesting people among the way!

• Brohoof 1

I've had trouble making friends for a long time, due to being very different from everyone else, but it has been easier through an online medium. I'm not sure if those who I consider friends would reciprocate that, as I'm difficult to accept.

48 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

Considering that I've never had that many offline friendships, I've been surprised about how easy it has been.

Sometimes I even feel a bit annoyed with myself, thinking about how most of my friendships here have started as a result of other people approaching me (I should do that more often myself) – what if that had never happened? Obviously, a friendship requires some effort from both parties, but I still feel my friends deserve most of the credit for the friendships I've made here. :twismile:

A similar situation happened with me

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Splashee said:

For staff members, you realize very quickly how much work and how busy they are, to make this a good place for us (regular members). The last thing you want is to interrupt that, or even take their time by tagging them in a silly forum game.

Ahem. We love interacting with the users, don't ever hesitate. :LunaMCM:

Honestly, it wasn't. I find it much easier to make friends in real life than I do online, and this place was no exception, I just think I'm better suited to face-to-face interaction rather than online. :twismile: If there is anyone here that would consider me a friend of theirs, I appreciate it. :mlp_smile:

• Brohoof 1