Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Favorite MLP Episode: Round Two Series

SuperUltimateBrony

Applebuck Season really introduced Applejack like, The Last Roundup and Apple Family Reunion.

But I got to give it to Too Many Pinkie Pies, because it showed how even if you can't tell which one is the real Pinkie Pie from the clones, you can really be surprised that even Pinkie Pie can watch paint dry. :P

Round Two Match Ten

See the bracket here: puu.sh/1L5HE

Vote here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/203-cartoons-and-animation/65122423

Each day I will post one topic pitting two episode of MLPFiM against eachother. It's a contest to see which episode is the most liked by the board.

Today's Matchup: Look Before You Sleep VS The Crystal Empire Part 2

• Brohoof 1

You know, I have a soft spot for Look Before You Sleep. I'm not quite sure why, maybe it's the Applejack/Rarity dynamic and their developing a mutual respect. I liked The Crystal Empire too, but even if it's totally going to get crushed I'm voting for Look Before You Sleep.

Cause I'm a rebel.

rainbow_dash_swag_by_fr3zo-d57q2iy.jpg

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

It's going to take a pretty unremarkable regular episode to make me vote for Crystal Empire 2 instead...and sadly, that's what I think Look Before You Sleep was. It was funny in the beginning and inspired the first RariJack fics, but then it just dragged on. Twilight being even less observant than usual didn't help. xD

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 1

I found Look Before You Sleep to be quite forgettable, and the first time I saw it on the bracket I actually had to look up which episode it was because I couldn't remember.  The Crystal Empire had its problems, but I found it far more memorable.

This one I think is tough because they both had good and not so great points...  both are far from one of my favorites.. in the end I guess I pick crystal empire... because i LOVE when Pinkie Pie goes all spy mode.. 

Look before you Sleep has awesome character moments and I love the moral. All-in-all, I admire this episode due to it's Applejack and Rarity interaction as well as some awesome character development. 

However, Crystal Empire was epic. The animation was perfect, the emotional moments were spot-on, there were some very funny moments and I liked Spike saving the day at the end. It was much more cinematic and climatic than any of the two-parters so far. Also, the reprise of the Failure Song (Success Song) has to be my favorite musical number of the season thus far. I think it would've been improved if it was a three-parter, but that's not a complaint, that's a wish that would be impossible to grant. The crew did very well with the 44 minutes they were given. 

So, yeah, I'm going to vote for the crystal ponies, with their history. 

Hard to choose between a 2 parter or a episode with having fun in a sleepover and learning to love and tolerate.

But, I have to tip my hat to Look Before You Sleep because I have a soft spot for these kind of episodes, plus it had a moral. It's better to love and tolerate friends then to lose them completely.

The Cult of Personality has spoken.

post-11209-0-53761300-1357692164_thumb.png

Crystal Empire was OK, but I didn't really like Look Before You Sleep as I was just thinking 'Seriously, just settle down and stop ruining Twi's first slumber party!'.

Clear choice :)

Oh, for reference - my favourite *moment* in MLP is Fluttershy's yay back in S1, EP 16(?), I just loved that ^_^

Edited by Darke Pony

Hm... Some how it's an easy choice for me...

Suted for suggsess is my pick

Art of the dress was one awesome song! And it's the episode that shows more of rarity!

And it's what made me say" rarity is best pony!"

Oh sweet Celestia, these episodes are both great and similar in my eyes.

I knew the day was coming where I had to choose between the two.

-sigh-

I vote for "Suited For Success"

Edited by Blindshot Predator

Hm... Suited for Success was my first episode actually(or half of it, I think), and while I do feel a special connection to it, Green Isn't Your Color has my 2 favorite ponies in a dual starring role with the dynamic of their friendship shown so well, and is therefore my favorite season 1 episode, so it gets my vote. :D

Ooh, two Rarity episodes. Interesting.

I must be the only one who didn't like the song from Suited for Success. It wasn't catchy or particularly memorable apart from... that line. I still vote for Suited because... actually, neither of the two episodes stood out for me, I'd just prefer to watch Suited more than Green Isn't Your Colour.

Ooh, two Rarity episodes. Interesting.

I must be the only one who didn't like the song from Suited for Success. It wasn't catchy or particularly memorable apart from... that line. I still vote for Suited because... actually, neither of the two episodes stood out for me, I'd just prefer to watch Suited more than Green Isn't Your Colour.

None of the episodes stood out for you? Hmmph, that is most certainly weird for me.

I say this because I believe 'Suited For Success' to be...

20% Cooler Than 'Green Isn't Your Color'

...  :ph34r:

None of the episodes stood out for you? Hmmph, that is most certainly weird for me.

I say this because I believe 'Suited For Success' to be...

20% Cooler Than 'Green Isn't Your Color'

...  :ph34r:

I actually associate the 20% cooler line more with Rainbow Dash instead of the episode she spoke it in. Maybe that's just me, but I still think both episodes just came and went.

Both episodes have Rarity. Both episodes are awesome. You can't go wrong. On the other hand, I can't really pick one either...

I'm going with Green Isn't Your Color because Fluttershy is best reluctant model. And it had DA MAJICKS.

• Brohoof 1

Hm. Toughie.

I don't seem to remember loving either of these episodes; I was initially confused about which one to pick.

Then I remembered how funny Photo Finish was, and I voted for 'Green Isn't Your Color'.

I liked Green Isn't Your Color mildly, and I really like Rarity and Fluttershy's friendship. It's just so right. 

But Suited For Success is the best entire episode in that whole season. Pinkie Pie wasn't as funny as some say she was in Green Isn't Your Color, and I felt entirely meh about Photo Finish. I already adored Rarity before Suited For Success when I watched Season 1, but after it, I loved her even more. She was my strong favorite throughout Season 1 and early Season 2, and that episode is part of the reason why.

I'm sort of the designer in my family. Rarity is extremely identifiable in Suited For Success, even if I don't have money at stake like she does.

• Brohoof 1