Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Favorite MLP Episode: Round Two Series

SuperUltimateBrony

I'm pretty sure that I'm the only brony that didn't like A Dog and Pony Show. For someone who has two younger siblings, having someone solve their problems by whining wasn't something I liked to see. I thought Suited for Success was by far the better Season One Rarity episode.

Cutie Mark Chronicles in contrast was all around amazing and probably in my top five favorite episodes. This choice was easy for me.

You evil monster.

How dare you make me choose...how dare you.

Anywho...I guess I'll go with The Cutiemark Chronicles.

Because as much as I love Rarity's whining the hilariousness of that episode, Thee Cutiemark Chronicles is such an important episode to me.  I'll love it forever. 

(The Dog and Pony Show doesn't stand a chance)

The funny episode where rarity has lots of awesome quotes, or the story on how the mane six got there cutie marks. Hm... Idk... I think I'm going to go with cutie mark....

But only by 0.00000001%

As much as we loved Rarity's drama in Dog and Pony show, Cutie Mark Chronicles reveals too much information about the ponies' backgrounds. 

"Ugh! These namby-pamby stories aren't getting us any closer to our cutie marks! They're all about finding who you really are and boring stuff like that."

Oooo this was a tough one, but I think A Dog And a Pony Show wins. Just because of Spike's "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

moments, and Rarity whining, as good as Cutie Mark Chronicles was, it can't beat what I mentioned.

Though I have some problems with CM Chronicles (CMC whining about getting CMs and I personally wasn't a fan of Fluttershy's song) its plot-relevance makes it the superior episode.  I also love the montage of filly Twilight's failed attempts at hatching the egg.

Definitely the "Cutie Mark Chronicles". Little Rainbow Dash is adorable! I even have a paperback book of the episode, although its titled "Cutie Mark Quest". Oh well.

• Brohoof 1

Oooh, a great match again! It must just be that every episode that came out of Round 1 was fantastic and better than the competition. Well, almost every episode. *cough cough* MAGIC DUEL *cough cough*

While I loved Rarity in A Dog and A Pony Show, it wasn't anything that I wouldn't expect out of her. The Cutie Mark Chronicles expanded a lot on backstory and introduced Fluttershy's bullied past, which led to my favorite episode in the entire show, Hurricane Fluttershy. Filly Twilight was the cutest little thing ever, and filly Applejack was one of the more creative ideas that becomes fascinating in the context of her parents being dead. And, well, filly Rainbow Dash...

• Brohoof 1

Cutie Mark Chronicles without a doubt. I liked looking at how the Mane 6 earned their cutie marks. Their stories really  showed a chapter of their Cutie Mark origins.

Edited by LightningDust

Wait, wait, wait, wait... what? Cutie Mark Chronicles won over Hearth's Warming Eve?! Actually, wait, I remember this episode now.. and it's fair enough that Cutie Mark Chronicles won in the end. It's a damn good episode. Would've been a tough choice for me to choose between the two.

ANYway... A Dog and a Pony show... where to begin... WEEEEEEEEEELL... I can't really say much about it compared to Cutie Mark Chronicles. I mean, COME ON! We're looking at these characters' histories and how they earned their cutie marks whereas in the former, Rarity gets... kidnapped and ends up having them cleverly wrapped around her finger pretty much the whole time. There isn't a whole lot of emotional depth to it, which is what I want to see in an MLP episode. This is why I love Hearth's Warming Eve and A Canterlot Wedding. The depth of emotion they display is... simply insane for a show that's supposed to be for kids.

This is basically why I have to go for Cutie Mark Chronicles and it wasn't a tough choice, really. Sure, A Dog and a Pony Show actually shows Rarity as a good character, which is rare, and is something I'm eternally grateful for. I hate seeing her supposedly being generous and... ends up being selfish instead. Sure, she sacrifices a lot of her time for her friends, but other than that... she doesn't show much generosity at all. But that doesn't make the episode a win just because of that.

In Cutie Mark Chronicles, there are two scenes that I absolutely love, and that's the part where Twilight is unable to control her magic - hell, even when she heartbreakingly apologises to the judges(?) for wasting their time and the part when Rainbow Dash first performs the Sonic Rainboom. Those scenes were just astonishing. Oh, also: 'MY DESTINY IS A ROCK?!' XD

Even though the whole story was pretty cheesy (we were destined to become friends! Wait... that reminds me of Digimon which I also love...) it still gives a heartwarming story all in all and has a good pace to it as each of the Mane 6 explain how they got their cutie marks. Seriously... why wouldn't you want to learn how they got them? Seriously!

Yeah, Cutie Mark Chronicles, hands down. I'm actually slapping both hands on my desk for this one...

Edited by TooTsaka
  • Brohoof 2

This is a hard one for me. Dog and Pony show was one of those episodes we need more of on the series: an exciting adventure full of drama and suspense. It was really cool to see the ponies galloping into action. Now it seems like we only get that in a season premiere or finale. And Cutie Mark Chronicles, it goes without saying that was one of the best. We got a glimpse of what the Mane 6's fillyhoods were like, which must have set off a tidal wave of fanfiction, and learned that Dash's first Sonic Rainboom was a prophetic turning point for all of them. That was just awesome.

So, as good as A Dog and Pony Show was, I'm voting Chronicles by a hair.

(edited)

Round Two Match Seven!

See the bracket here! http://imgur.com/Vlugp

Vote here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/203-cartoons-and-animation/65096556

Each day I will post one topic pitting two episode of MLPFiM against eachother. It's a contest to see which episode is the most liked by the board.

Today's Matchup: A Canterlot Wedding Part 2 VS Lesson Zero

Edited by SuperUltimateBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Id have to say either Hurricane Fluttershy or Read it and Weep 

Hurricane Fluttershy becouse well Fluttershy and the concept of a twister charring water on a vertical plane it quite intriguing 

Read it and Weep becouse well i do to enjoy a good fan fic and it always makes me laugh 

Id have to say either Hurricane Fluttershy or Read it and Weep 

Hurricane Fluttershy becouse well Fluttershy and the concept of a twister charring water on a vertical plane it quite intriguing 

Read it and Weep becouse well i do to enjoy a good fan fic and it always makes me laugh 

Ha ha, those are two of my favorites also :). This is actually a tournament for episodes though. Right now we have to decide between A Canterlot Wedding Part 2 and Lesson Zero. If you want, you can vote by clicking on the second link.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 2

Canterlot Wedding, wins this one. Even though, Twilight loses her mind in Lesson Zero, I'd have to say Canterlot Wedding had the first appearance of Princess Cadance and Shining Armor plus a new villain known as Princess Chrysalis.

It had very good songs like This Day Aria and Love Is Still In Bloom, really showed that Friendship & Love can conquer all, even Changelings at best.

Lesson Zero is one of my favorite episodes of the series, if not my favorite.  Psychotic Twilight made my day, plus, Rainbow Dash in shades.  

Canterlot Wedding pt. 2 was a good episode, but I just prefer Lesson Zero.  

I've got to got with Lesson Zero.  Insane-Twilight was really fun, and the episode as a whole was very relevant to the rest of the series (because now anyone can send letters to Celestia).  Canterlot Wedding part 2 was good, but it had what I saw as a highly irritating flaw.  I did not like how Twilight was praised for her attempts to ruin the original wedding.  Sure, she had suspicions that Cadence was evil which happened to be correct, but breaking into the rehearsal and announcing that she was evil in front of her friends, brother, and the bloody princess was probably not the best way to go about it.  Perhaps I'm just nit-picking again though...  Otherwise, I still thought that it was a very good episode.

• Brohoof 1

Canterlot wedding part 2! For sure! I mean lesson Zero is good, but if you know me well enough you'll know i'm a bit of a sucker for good music(Which is basically almost all of MLP music for me) And theres not only 1 song in this episode, but TWO! "This day Aria", and "Love is in bloom". I love both of them.

Not to mention the whole changling fight scene and the sonic Rainboom, and all the other epicness, it was a great ending to S2.

• Brohoof 1

Lesson Zero. Love the songs for A Canterlot Wedding, but Twilight's descent into madness was pulled off so well, and it was what allowed future episodes to focus on a character without Twilight shoehorned in. And I felt really bad for Twilight at the end, when she sincerely thought she was going to be sent away from Ponyville forever. Plus, the earlier parts made me see what I look like to others when I'm worrying. 

Edited by Stellafera