Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Favorite MLP Episode: Round Two Series

SuperUltimateBrony

I'm going for Party of One, mainly because I found the actual sonic rainboom scene of Sonic Rainboom somewhat disappointing.  It just didn't feel as epic or as much of an accomplishment as it should have.  I expecting some sort of slow-motion with an internal monologue coupled with fitting music, but instead I got, "Crap, they're all going to die.  *zoom* *kaboom*  RAINBOWS!  YAY!"  I'm probably the only one that thinks that though...

This match is mean...

I vote for Party of One. Sonic Rainboom was a good Rainbow Dash episode, but it did not completely alter my opinion on a character anywhere near as thoroughly as Party Of One did. Okay, Pinkie Pie is not really my favorite. Not my least favorite, but I just don't consider her that funny. Currently at 2nd to last in my ranking of the Mane 6.  And before Party of One, I thought that she just had a boring character of being the silly random one. Nothing more to it. Let's go look at more complex characters.

But Party of One made Pinkie Pie a fascinating character. She is terrified of the idea of people not liking her anymore. You know that scene with the door that shows you your worst fears in the Season 3 premiere? I already know what Pinkie Pie would see. She would see this episode, minus the happy ending. I just love her spiral into paranoia and hate. 

Sonic Rainboom revealed RD's insecurities, which are what makes me such a fan of her. But it didn't have quite the lasting impact on me that Party Of One did. To this day I always look forward to Pinkie Pie episodes.

• Brohoof 1

Wow these two episodes are pretty good. Of course I like Luna but then I liked Rainbow Dash admitting she's a egghead.

Hmm tough choice but im going with Luna Eclipsed. There's other good Rainbow Dash episodes but only 1 Luna episode.

Dangit, this is just as bad as yesterday! Luna Eclipsed was too amazing... It had Luna obviously, Shadowbolt Dash, Chicken Pinkie Pie, loads of comedy, heartwarmingness, and I loved it. But Read it and Weep had 20 minutes of Dashie being hilarious and adorable, Daring Do and a ninja costume! Rats. Read it and Weep. I hate this competition right now. I'm even going to have to pick between the winner of this and Sonic Rainboom later. I'm just going to go throw something. End tantrum.

Thanks for doing this as usual SuperUltimateBrony :)

• Brohoof 3

Dangit, this is just as bad as yesterday! Luna Eclipsed was too amazing... It had Luna obviously, Shadowbolt Dash, Chicken Pinkie Pie, loads of comedy, heartwarmingness, and I loved it. But Read it and Weep had 20 minutes of Dashie being hilarious and adorable, Daring Do and a ninja costume! Rats. Read it and Weep. I hate this competition right now. I'm even going to have to pick between the winner of this and Sonic Rainboom later. I'm just going to go throw something. End tantrum.

Thanks for doing this as usual SuperUltimateBrony :)

Hey it's no problem. I like making these daily topics. Getting the insight on what the community thinks of each episode is fun.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not a huge Luna fan, so this was pretty easy for me.  Both were fun episodes, but I prefer Read it and Weep.  However, I will admit that the actual Daring Do story is rather ridiculous and I'm not entirely sure why Dash likes it...  I'm just being really nit-picky here though, and these things can be overlooked.

example: Dash: "Who the heck is this Owoozoatl (sp?) guy?" Me: "Yeah... Who the heck is he?"  Also, it's implied that the Sapphire Statue has powers that greatly aide world domination, though those are never explained.  Again, this is really nit-picky, likely has no business being mentioned in a criticism of a 22-minute long kids show, and does not detract too much from my enjoyment of the episode.

Edited by antismurf9001
  • Brohoof 1

Luna Eclipsed

Luna, and Luna, and well, Luna.

It was a defining episode in the fandom, very much more so than Read it and Weep, which is still a great episode too.

Luna Eclipsed defined who Luna, as opposed to Nightmare Moon, is. That episode really started a major character fandom. It took the spotlight off Celestia and reminded us that hey, she is co-ruler of Equestria.

Edited by Party Cannon
  • Brohoof 1

Easy peasy for me, Read It And Weep. Despite being a Celestia fan, I did like Luna in that episode, but an episode getting inside of Rainbow Dash's head is way more fun. Plus, Pinkie Pie was really annoying in Luna Eclipsed

• Brohoof 2

This might just be my hardest pick yet.

Read it and Weep was hilarious, filled with awesome action scenes and made me like Rainbow Dash more as a character.

Luna Eclipsed introduced Luna in an awesome way that made everyone happy. However, I can't just judge episodes based on the character it developed. Truthfully, I just enjoyed Read it and Weep a tad bit more and found it funnier, so I'm going to have to pick it.  

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 3

Luna is cool, but she went through more mood swings than...than a...really mood-swingy type person!

Read It and Weep was the best Rainbow Dash episode not called Sonic Rainboom. It combined two things dear to my heart, Dashie and reading.

And that's how Equestria was made. ;)

EDIT: *looks at poll results..................................................*eye twitches*

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, I'm going to have to vote for Luna Eclipsed.  Don't hate me fellow Dash fans, I love Read It and Weep as well.  Luna Eclipsed has the best princess, key performances by all of the mane six, and on top of all of that, Zecora.  I just can't bring myself to vote for anything else.  

I hate Rainbow Dash and I hate Luna, but Luna has a way cooler design and I loved her voice, sooo...it's gonna have to be Luna Eclipsed.

Also, Twilight's costume...yes.

I did kinda like Daring Do's design but she didn't have enough character to win me over.

Edited by Nicolas Cage

Round Two Match Four

See the bracket here! http://imgur.com/QYOYO

Vote here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/203-cartoons-and-animation/65071733

Each day I will post one topic pitting two episode of MLPFiM against eachother. It's a contest to see which episode is the most liked by the board.

Today's Matchup: It's About Time VS A Canterlot Wedding Part 1

• Brohoof 2

Ooh, that's a good one. They both feature the same character, which makes the choice difficult. :3

I think my vote will have to go with It's About Time. Despite following a time-travel ethic that has been extremely overdone, the moral of the episode really applies to me (not to worry so much about future events). It's also generally a good watch... I was a fan of A Canterlot Wedding too, I think that's also a good episode, but It's About Time snags this one.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 4

I voted on their but the discussion about the topic i tend to avoid since people on there are not nice and hve the power to reprt you and get you kicked off if you try to defend yourself. Getting back to the matter at hand i have to go with: A Canterlot wedding part 1. 2 songs, i think, in the first part. whats not too like. Plus the remixes are amazing. In its about time they referenced Doctor Who and Terminator. I would have gone with that one but the whole Terminator reference put me off simply because its over-used.

• Brohoof 1

These round 2 matches are good! I vote for It's About Time for being a highly entertaining Twilight episode with a slightly more realistic take on insane!Twilight and some good Pinkie Pie and spike moments. I'd say that I like the moral too and that it applies to me, but that's every Twilight episode, so it's not a fair criteria. 

• Brohoof 2

I voted for It's About Time. Now there's a Twilight episode I really like. It sums up her character brilliantly, and the lengths she will go to satisfy her curiosity...only to find out the real lesson was right under her nose. I love the idea of time travel when it's used well, and combined with MLP it had to be good.

Canterlot Wedding Part 1 was quite good, but Twilight's brother and the Mane 6 walking away from her kind of blindsided me. It didn't feel quite like the MLP I was familiar with...more like a MLP movie by people who kind of understood the characters but not quite. Sort of like "Wakko's Wish" compared to the regular "Animaniacs" series, good on its own merits but the tone was just a little off.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 2

Sigh. Finally. A relatively easy decision. Even if A Canterlot Wedding is my favorite two parter I have to vote for It's About Time. There was a lot of fun and wackiness in that one :). Plus we got to see Twilight freak out in a way that wasn't totally creepy. It gave us Ninja Gypsy Pinkie, and it answered the burning question of what Twilight would look like with an eyepatch. Send it to the next round.

• Brohoof 2

Hmmm this is really a hard choice actually.. I really like both of the episodes, and neither really sticks out as better to me..

I'm gonna have to say canterlot wedding part 1 because of it has one of my favorite MLP songs(BBBF) in it and because of the whole emotional shock twilight deals with in having all her friends the princess and her own brother basically abandon her.

About time has some pretty sweet moments and stuff and its funny, but that song is just one I really love :) And the episodes overall are both pretty equal except I think Canterlot wedding has more emotional stretch on it. and I just like it better :).

Plus Twilight is my favorite singer, and since she sings in Canterlot wedding that makes me have to kinda go with it now :). Since theres no song in About time.

So i'm going with Canterlot wedding part 1.

• Brohoof 1

I liked It's About Time, but I liked the BBBFF song A Canterlot Wedding Part 1 better.  Time was a fun episode, but I'm unclear as to why Twilight didn't realize that what happened before was just going to happen again when she warns past-Twilight.  Also, while the Canterlot Wedding as a whole was not my favorite, the major problem that I have with it occurs in part 2.