Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Adjustment of tracks per page

Marcato

Hey all, another small idea that popped into my head here.

I couldn't help but notice that currently each page of tracks contains 20 songs on it. Something i thought may be a handy little feature (and something also seen around many popular websites) would be the ability to change how many tracks are displayed per page, like with a dropdown menu like so;

TracksPerPage_zps607981e1.png

What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

hmm... I don't know. While I really think this is a good idea, I don't know how well it could be implemented, with all the other ideas floating around. It just might break some code somewhere else, or some other code might break it.

Then again, Pony.fm is in alpha, so...

hmm... I don't know. While I really think this is a good idea, I don't know how well it could be implemented, with all the other ideas floating around. It just might break some code somewhere else, or some other code might break it.

Then again, Pony.fm is in alpha, so...

Anorax, worrying about the feasibility of implementing a feature is my job. :P

Tentatively, this looks like a feature that shouldn't be very difficult at all to add. I'm a sucker for simple interfaces, though, and can't help but wonder if simply increasing the preset number of tracks on a page for everyone may not be a better solution. Realistically, is this an option most people would even notice the existence of?

• 3 weeks later...

Anorax, worrying about the feasibility of implementing a feature is my job. :P

Tentatively, this looks like a feature that shouldn't be very difficult at all to add. I'm a sucker for simple interfaces, though, and can't help but wonder if simply increasing the preset number of tracks on a page for everyone may not be a better solution. Realistically, is this an option most people would even notice the existence of?

Deviant art offers the option of viewing more art pieces to it's premium members. I know I'd prefer to be able to just scroll down as long as possible before having to move my mouse to click on a next button.

Deviant art puts the option a the bottom of the page near the footer. I think there is a minimalistic and clean way to implement this if you used icons.