Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any train tracks/routes near you?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Well, there are train tracks behind my grandma's house (and also my uncle's house, they live only two houses away). There is a train track about 3 or 4 minutes from where I live, but there's literally never a train on it anymore, it seems like. :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Emperor Azurailo said:

In which country is this station? The signals there don't seem to be American, nor French or British.

I'm from Austria. I use the train pretty much daily, so if you want I can show you more pictures. 

IMG_20190820_151323.thumb.jpg.61dea878c59771e62facfb10a66f341b.jpg

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, DripMoondrop said:

I'm from Austria. I use the train pretty much daily, so if you want I can show you more pictures. 

IMG_20190820_151323.thumb.jpg.61dea878c59771e62facfb10a66f341b.jpg

Heh, I'd love to! I'm a huge fan of trains. I can already tell the train on this picture is an OBB 6020 Electric Multiple Unit.

6 minutes ago, Emperor Azurailo said:

Heh, I'd love to! I'm a huge fan of trains. I can already tell the train on this picture is an OBB 6020 Electric Multiple Unit.

My job position these past few weeks has been near an electronic train station

I live only 10 minutes walk from my towns local station, small little thing unlike the main station in town that services London and the rest of the region, but it does the job required of locals to other areas within the county.

There’s two different trains that roll through town an industrial one that mostly carries cars and there’s the train for the public that you can take to travel the country with.  I’ve used it to go to Toronto, it’s nice and the staff are helpful.

7 hours ago, Emperor Azurailo said:

Yeah ÖBB is the local train service. I'll try to snap some photos for you these days! :catface:  

I don't get directly to the trains today (maybe omw home but can't promise) but tomorrow again. 

The main route between Decatur, IL and St. Louis, MO for Norfolk Southern runs through my hometown. Up in Macomb there is a BNSF line that runs through where Amtrak has trackage rights. We've also got a seldom used train track that is owned by Illinois and Midland Railroad, mainly used to move coal from the coal mine below the Kinkaid Power Generating station.

10 hours ago, Lightning said:

The main route between Decatur, IL and St. Louis, MO for Norfolk Southern runs through my hometown. Up in Macomb there is a BNSF line that runs through where Amtrak has trackage rights. We've also got a seldom used train track that is owned by Illinois and Midland Railroad, mainly used to move coal from the coal mine below the Kinkaid Power Generating station.

Decatur! I remember that city from when I used to live there.  

3 hours ago, Cpl_Dixon said:

I live kind of close to a track that runs freight, I don't know the line name or anything like that, all I know is that I can occasionally hear it from my house.

It could be Union Pacific or Canadian Pacific owned freight tracks. Both freight companies operate in Wisconsin, mostly connecting Duluth or Minneapolis to Milwaukee or Chicago. Most of the Midwest is scattered with freight tracks – Chicago is a massive railroad hub. 

On 8/21/2019 at 12:19 AM, Emperor Azurailo said:

Here are some photos of one of the Vienna stations I am at about 5 days per week. 

IMG_20190822_161320.thumb.jpg.0a2619e0e32bcf009bdc9eee8a722bde.jpgIMG_20190822_161328.thumb.jpg.8c6a92a7888c965eace4a1d4e158df55.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Closest track is probably 2-3 miles West.

I remember my old house was likely a good... mile away from a track. That train always passed around 2-3 am so that was a good indicator of what time it was.

• Brohoof 1