Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Is there an interstate near where you live?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Two pass through our town.

One is I-57, a freeway that goes to the southern suburbs of Chicago.

The other is the tri-state tollway, I-294. It's called that because it goes from Wisconsin, through Illinois, and connects to Indiana. They just built an exit ramp from that road to a street that runs through town, so we're expecting more of a business boon from that.

That new ramp made it easy to go north to the Whinny City con.

That's basically Barstow, then. :P

I live near the I-405, which is a small branch off the I-5 that goes through the city of LA and Orange County, though both ends of the 405 eventually connect back to the I-5 near San Fernando (North) and Irvine (South). The closest highway, though, would be CA Highway 73 (a toll road basically no one uses) and CA Highway 1, which is California's well-known Coastal Highway.

Up in my old home, though, the closest interstate would be I-280 and the closest highway would be CA Highway 85 and 87.

Actually I'm in the IE. Good ol' Rancho Cucamonga. I guess I'm not RIGHT next to the 5, but still not too far. Everything's pretty close around here. The 5 doesn't go anywhere close to Barstow. I think it is more towards Anaheim, unless I am mistaken. 

I think I know the general area you are talking about. I go down to Irvine every once in a while. The 405 kind of follows the cost from there up towards LA. Right?

Actually I'm in the IE. Good ol' Rancho Cucamonga. I guess I'm not RIGHT next to the 5, but still not too far. Everything's pretty close around here. The 5 doesn't go anywhere close to Barstow. I think it is more towards Anaheim, unless I am mistaken. 

I think I know the general area you are talking about. I go down to Irvine every once in a while. The 405 kind of follows the cost from there up towards LA. Right?

Well, I live in Newport Beach (very close to Irvine's border, as in I can literally go there in five minutes); it's both liked and disliked because it's one of the rich spots of SoCal (Santa Clara and parts of Hollywood still beats it, however). The real estate costs there are ridiculous, the people around that part of Orange County regularly makes $100K a year, and in the case of Irvine, it has a lot of Asians. Non-Hispanic whites aren't a majority, and you'll probably hear as much Chinese and Korean as you would hear English. And both Newport Beach and Irvine are allegedly the "most Republican cities in CA", though after living here for a few years I really want to dispute that considering the opinion of the public here.

Besides being rich as hell, though, it's kind of boring compared to San Jose. The buildings look mundane and blocky, the city bans malls and fast food chains from setting up advertisment boards or those tall signs, and both cities are almost completely controlled by the Irvine Company, and the company has complete control on how much the city builds, what stores and services come in, and what goes out. It's also run by Donald Bren, who is, FYI, makes several times more money than Trump. Blizzard HQ is here, though (the ones that made Overwatch, Starcraft, Hearthstone, etc.)

Also, I-405 is congested almost every day and every night. It sucks to drive to work, wherever it is. Some people end up carpooling.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I live in Newport Beach (very close to Irvine's border, as in I can literally go there in five minutes); it's both liked and disliked because it's one of the rich spots of SoCal (Santa Clara and parts of Hollywood still beats it, however). The real estate costs there are ridiculous, the people around that part of Orange County regularly makes $100K a year, and in the case of Irvine, it has a lot of Asians. Non-Hispanic whites aren't a majority, and you'll probably hear as much Chinese and Korean as you would hear English. And both Newport Beach and Irvine are allegedly the "most Republican cities in CA", though after living here for a few years I really want to dispute that considering the opinion of the public here.

Besides being rich as hell, though, it's kind of boring compared to San Jose. The buildings look mundane and blocky, the city bans malls and fast food chains from setting up advertisment boards or those tall signs, and both cities are almost completely controlled by the Irvine Company, and the company has complete control on how much the city builds, what stores and services come in, and what goes out. It's also run by Donald Bren, who is, FYI, makes several times more money than Trump. Blizzard HQ is here, though (the ones that made Overwatch, Starcraft, Hearthstone, etc.)

Also, I-405 is congested almost every day and every night. It sucks to drive to work, wherever it is. Some people end up carpooling.

I kind of get what you mean. My dad grew up in Palos Verdes, which is also a really nice area. Rancho Cucamonga (where I'm from) isn't nearly as wealthy as Newport, but it is kind of the "rich" part of the Inland Empire. Being right next to the mountains, it's pretty, but it is also REALLY boring. I get the feeling. I honestly can't wait until I get to leave this place.

• 2 years later...
(edited)

It's not close to here, but interstate 35 is several miles West of here. Fun fact, Austin's the largest city in the US to be served by just one interstate highway; nothing running across it West-East, no loop, no bypass, nothing :pout: . And not that the more interstates you have the less traffic you have, but traffic here certainly isn't very great :maud: (for a city this size).

Edited by Totally Not Wolf

I live right next to I 64 and I'm not the far from I 57

9 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Yep, I practically live next to I-95, and hellish I-4 is only about a 30-40 minute drive from here. 

I made it a 20 minute drive but you probably didn't notice.:P

And with that possibly close proximity, I'm surprised you and @Twisted Cyclone haven't met irl. I mean, me and you have and I'm 13 hours away.

There's a highway about five minutes away from where I live. Highway 97 heads south towards a town called Peachland and continues on that way towards the border, but then this is 97B as 97A goes north towards another city with 97C going up into the mountains.

9 hours ago, Cyclone 1066, Princess of Tractor Pulling said:

I live right next to I 64 and I'm not the far from I 57

I made it a 20 minute drive but you probably didn't notice.:P

And with that possibly close proximity, I'm surprised you and @Twisted Cyclone haven't met irl. I mean, me and you have and I'm 13 hours away.

Hmm, I'm not sure now that I think about it. Maybe me and Twisty can meet up sometime in the future. :dash:

I live a mile away from I5 in Washington State. I used to live next to one in Cali, so beleive me when i say the I5 in Washington is lame. Like, you cant see stars at night due to light pollution, and the radio stations along the route are just....bleh.

We dont have states in greece.so no interstate roads either.but I used to live near an international road.right next to the border with F.Y.R.O.M. 

It didnt realy helped businesses though since fyrom's curency is much lower so everyone stoped there instead(I actualy went there myself to fill my car up with gas every two weeks)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...