Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do Any Of You Play Halo?

OmegaBeamOfficial

I was just wondering if anyone on this site is a fan of the Halo series, just for the hell of it, ya know. Maybe we can share our experiences or talk about which game is best, whether there's gonna be a Halo 6 etc. So I know I'm a little late, since it came out last year and It's been sitting on my shelf ever since then, but yesterday I finally got around to playing Halo 5... And finished it on the same day. It honestly feels like the game is way too short, and then they decided to pull a Mass Effect 3 and keep us entertained with a great story throughout only to leave us with a lackluster ending. Yet, funny story, even though I've played all 5 games in the series, Halo 5 is the only one I've managed to beat so far. But really, so many questions were left unanswered. What's Cortana gonna do next? How is the spaceship supposed to get away from her, and how the hell do they expect to fight the guardians? Then it just sorta ends there. Maybe It's because I played on normal and you need to play on Legendary to get a super secret ending or something, but I'm not sure... So, what do you guys think?

• Brohoof 2

uha,
reech haven't played it

1 ok game play, chill graphics but a bit laggy
2  wow its like nobody has ever heard of it but still amazing
3 best IMO i loved the graphics and game play, the art stile was the best out of all of them

3 ODST ehhh it was ok but it was to complected i did enjoy it but i cant say i liked it
4.. 343 killed halo, there wasn't even a mention of the rings, they killed everybody's feve female character cortana and it looked like bloody COD
5 not going to play it but holy crap no couch co op??? thats why people played halo! screw Xbox live!
6 not going to play it stop making more

7 not going to play it omg the franchise is dead stop

8 not going to play it you cant be proud of what you have done
9 10 11 12 13 14 (basically cod now)

Edited by Ju88snow
  • Brohoof 3

i played halo with my dad when i was little but never touched it since then.. now i play halflife 2 with my and he is like whaaaat how are you so good at the movement O.O i guess 7600 hours in other source game Team Fortress 2 says something xD

• Brohoof 1

uha,

reech haven't played it

1 ok game play, chill graphics but a bit laggy

2  wow its like nobody has ever heard of it but still amazing

3 best IMO i loved the graphics and game play, the art stile was the best out of all of them

3 ODST ehhh it was ok but it was to complected i did enjoy it but i cant say i liked it

4.. 343 killed halo, there wasn't even a mention of the rings, they killed everybody's feve female character cortana and it looked like bloody COD

5 not going to play it but holy crap no couch co op??? thats why people played halo! screw Xbox live!

6 not going to play it stop making more

7 not going to play it omg the franchise is dead stop

8 not going to play it you cant be proud of what you have done

9 10 11 12 13 14 (basically cod now)

Well, technically they didn't kill off Cortana, she actually returned in Halo 5, having cured her rampancy. (Yes I know It's spoilers, but the game's been out since last year, I think people know already.). Is there seriously no couch co-op? That sucks...

i played halo with my dad when i was little but never touched it since then.. now i play halflife 2 with my and he is like whaaaat how are you so good at the movement O.O i guess 7600 hours in other source game Team Fortress 2 says something xD

Whoa, you must be really good with Half Life... I don't think It's the Source game engine though. For example I suck at Half-Life but I'm amazing at Portal, you can't really assume It's the engine.

Well, technically they didn't kill off Cortana, she actually returned in Halo 5, having cured her rampancy. (Yes I know It's spoilers, but the game's been out since last year, I think people know already.). Is there seriously no couch co-op? That sucks...

Whoa, you must be really good with Half Life... I don't think It's the Source game engine though. For example I suck at Half-Life but I'm amazing at Portal, you can't really assume It's the engine.

well, tf2 runs on source engine v1, halflfie 2 v1.2, portal 1 v1.2, portal 2 v1.3, csgo v1.5, and all are very similar i play all of them frequently and you get used to it

and i finished halflife 2 2x, and both halflife 2 episodes once, so xD

Edited by Burpy
  • Brohoof 1

One thing I will say for Halo 5 is that it was one of the more enjoyable ones to play (solo) on Legendary, but the story was a bit lacklustre and it was over pretty quickly. There seems to be an annoying trend in movies at the moment that makes the story suffer, to set up the sequel, and I get the feeling Halo 5 suffered from this too. So, while I did enjoy the game, the story didn't blow me away and I'd say its the worst Halo of the lot :s.

3 is my personal favourite, with 1 being number two and 2 being number three XD. I actually quite liked 4, while it did change some things and avoided the rings entirely, I thought it wasn't a bad attempt at 343 trying to start a new storyline off, and I'd actually recommend it - which I would find much harder to do with 5 personally. When 6 comes out, I will probably end up getting it, but I won't be looking forward to it as much as I did the previous ones :/

• Brohoof 1

I follow Halo since the first game, but since 343 is on charge I left the saga, btw my best "gamer" memories are with Halo

I also made some fanart and mlp crossovers like this: ODSP and now i'm trying to make a crossover game with mlp and halo :D

• Brohoof 2

Bruh, Halo was my life. I don't play it as much, as I prefer Call of Duty's Multiplayer. But still, it is a favorite video game series of mine.

Once we get a house, first thing I'm going to do is plug in the 360 and play Halo Reach (my personal favorite). It sucks that hardly anyone plays the multiplayer, as it was one of my best experiences.

I own all the movies so far, I collect the books as they come out, I have up to season 13 of Red vs. Blue, and I have all of the games, except for Halo 2 and Halo Wars.

• Brohoof 4

Once we get a house, first thing I'm going to do is plug in the 360 and play Halo Reach (my personal favorite). It sucks that hardly anyone plays the multiplayer, as it was one of my best experiences.

I forgot Reach :s - that's another I enjoyed, and like you say, the MP was excellent on it. The new game mode introduced, was it called invasion? (where you have to capture objectives to open up the next section with the ultimate goal of the Elites stealing a data core or something?) - whatever it was called, I spent hours on that game mode!

• Brohoof 1

One thing I will say for Halo 5 is that it was one of the more enjoyable ones to play (solo) on Legendary, but the story was a bit lacklustre and it was over pretty quickly. There seems to be an annoying trend in movies at the moment that makes the story suffer, to set up the sequel, and I get the feeling Halo 5 suffered from this too. So, while I did enjoy the game, the story didn't blow me away and I'd say its the worst Halo of the lot :s.

3 is my personal favourite, with 1 being number two and 2 being number three XD. I actually quite liked 4, while it did change some things and avoided the rings entirely, I thought it wasn't a bad attempt at 343 trying to start a new storyline off, and I'd actually recommend it - which I would find much harder to do with 5 personally. When 6 comes out, I will probably end up getting it, but I won't be looking forward to it as much as I did the previous ones :/

Yeah, to be honest the only complaints I have about Halo 5 is the short story (though decently written), and how they're handling microtransactions. Everything else is pretty sound. By the way, is the extra scene for the Legendary ending worth it? I wanna know it's worth the hassle before trying to get it myself.

I follow Halo since the first game, but since 343 is on charge I left the saga, btw my best "gamer" memories are with Halo

I also made some fanart and mlp crossovers like this: http://faztor5.deviantart.com/art/ODSP-588506798 and now i'm trying to make a crossover game with mlp and halo :D

That... Is awesome! Here, have a digital cookie.

Bruh, Halo was my life. I don't play it as much, as I prefer Call of Duty's Multiplayer. But still, it is a favorite video game series of mine.

I own all the movies so far, I collect the books as they come out, I have up to season 13 of Red vs. Blue, and I have all of the games, except for Halo 2 and Halo Wars.

I like call of duty, but it's just never original anymore, and with IW it's really hitting a downward spiral. That's why I'm not buying the next one. I'll stick to Overwatch, Battlefield and of course Halo. I never played Reach but I actually kinda liked Wars. Never watched the movies, I hear they were rather disappointing, and Ive not seen Red vs. Blue either.

• Brohoof 1

I've played Halo 2, 3, Wars, Reach, and 4.

Halo 3 is my favorite, and the only one I've played online competitively. (My favorite playlists being Team Slayer, Team Swat, Snipers, Swords, and Griffball).

Halo Wars was also really fun, and my first RTS game.

My favorite Youtube channels related to Halo are DigitalPh33r (now Jon CJG) and Rooster Teeth.

I once made a Halo 3 video for a high school project in AP English. It was my most time-consuming school project, yet most memorable and fulfilling.  

• Brohoof 1

I've played Halo 2, 3, Wars, Reach, and 4.

Halo 3 is my favorite, and the only one I've played online competitively. (My favorite playlists being Team Slayer, Team Swat, Snipers, Swords, and Griffball).

Halo Wars was also really fun, and my first RTS game.

My favorite Youtube channels related to Halo are DigitalPh33r (now Jon CJG) and Rooster Teeth.

I once made a Halo 3 video for a high school project in AP English. It was my most time-consuming school project, yet most memorable and fulfilling.  

Cool. I only play Slayer personally, and I rather enjoyed Halo Wars. Never played Reach though. Must have been really cool to get to make a school project using something you like.

• Brohoof 1

I left the franchise after reach. I felt Halo 3 was amazing. It finished off an amazing Trilogy, and it was just an all around great game. However when I played Reach and saw how much it borrowed from Call of Duty in an attempt to bring CoD fans over, and then Halo 4's lackluster story... I left the franchise behind. While Halo 5 is a good game, it doesn't hold a torch to Halo 3 and ultimately feels like it had such a bumpy history to where I couldn't get on board.

1. Apparently contains far less Master Chief and too much Spartan Locke.
  2. Spartan Locke is bland as hell, and is simply a "following orders" drone that feels unfun to play as.
  3. Graphic wise, while Halo 5 is easily one of the best looking games on the Xbox One, it has a lot of issues in their design choices such as high res textures "popping" when they are switched between high and low res when you get closer to them. This would be fine if the distance in which the swap is done was much farther away from the player to where they couldn't easily see the switch happen. Dynamic Scaling was an excellent idea, but their texture swap idea needed a bit more polish before release.
  4. Multiplayer apparently was very spotty for a few months after release and still has hiccups.
  5. Microtransactions, no thanks.

Ultimately, Halo is a shell of what it once was, but I will always remember the classic first three games.

Yeah, to be honest the only complaints I have about Halo 5 is the short story (though decently written), and how they're handling microtransactions. Everything else is pretty sound. By the way, is the extra scene for the Legendary ending worth it? I wanna know it's worth the hassle before trying to get it myself.

The legendary ending does give you a glimpse into what Cortana has planned, but it's literally about 5 seconds extra (if memory serves). If you want to p,any legendary for the fun (torture XD) of it, I'd recommend it, but if you want to play it for the ending alone, I'd be hesitant as there are some seriously frustrating parts (fighting the 3 Wardens had me swearing at the TV XD) for only a few extra seconds payoff.

• Brohoof 1

Cool. I only play Slayer personally, and I rather enjoyed Halo Wars. Never played Reach though. Must have been really cool to get to make a school project using something you like.

Reach was okay. I felt like it didn't add much to the Halo experience. I thought the new features like jetpacks and decoys were unnecessary, at best.

What character(s) did you like playing in Halo Wars? My favorite was Anders.

• Brohoof 1

I left the franchise after reach. I felt Halo 3 was amazing. It finished off an amazing Trilogy, and it was just an all around great game. However when I played Reach and saw how much it borrowed from Call of Duty in an attempt to bring CoD fans over, and then Halo 4's lackluster story... I left the franchise behind. While Halo 5 is a good game, it doesn't hold a torch to Halo 3 and ultimately feels like it had such a bumpy history to where I couldn't get on board.

1. Apparently contains far less Master Chief and too much Spartan Locke.
  2. Spartan Locke is bland as hell, and is simply a "following orders" drone that feels unfun to play as.
  3. Graphic wise, while Halo 5 is easily one of the best looking games on the Xbox One, it has a lot of issues in their design choices such as high res textures "popping" when they are switched between high and low res when you get closer to them. This would be fine if the distance in which the swap is done was much farther away from the player to where they couldn't easily see the switch happen. Dynamic Scaling was an excellent idea, but their texture swap idea needed a bit more polish before release.
  4. Multiplayer apparently was very spotty for a few months after release and still has hiccups.
  5. Microtransactions, no thanks.

Ultimately, Halo is a shell of what it once was, but I will always remember the classic first three games.

1. Absolutely true. Spartan Locke had 12 missions overall, 3 of which were 5 minutes long and involved just walking up to characters and talking to them. I'm all for exploration levels, but other than the data pads there's really nothing else to do other than just talk to someone and start the next mission. I can understand Spartan Locke having more missions than Chief since the story revolves a little more around him this time, but I would've preferred to make those 3 levels Master Chief levels, making him have 6 missions and giving Spartan Locke 9, so It's at least a little fairer.

2. I actually don't mind Spartan Locke as a character. He's interesting, just not as interesting as Master Chief unfortunately. He plays exactly like Master Chief, he just looks different, so I don't see a problem there.

3. I never really noticed any graphical errors so I can't comment on that, though I've run into the occasional bug where I fell through a mountain.

4.I love Halo 5's multiplayer. It feels great to play, even when I'm losing. The maps are all fun and cool to run around in too.

5. I'm not the kind of person to immediately shun a game's microtransaction system without giving it a chance first, but I have to agree with you here. Halo 5's REQ system is horribly done and purposely manipulated for people to spend as much money as possible. It's simply not a fair system.

The legendary ending does give you a glimpse into what Cortana has planned, but it's literally about 5 seconds extra (if memory serves). If you want to p,any legendary for the fun (torture XD) of it, I'd recommend it, but if you want to play it for the ending alone, I'd be hesitant as there are some seriously frustrating parts (fighting the 3 Wardens had me swearing at the TV XD) for only a few extra seconds payoff.

Well, sounds like a pain in the ass, but It'll be a fun pain in the ass I guess XD

Reach was okay. I felt like it didn't add much to the Halo experience. I thought the new features like jetpacks and decoys were unnecessary, at best.

What character(s) did you like playing in Halo Wars? My favorite was Anders.

I... I can't decide! I've used all the characters a fair amount in all the games, and they're all so 20% cooler!

• Brohoof 1

I like call of duty, but it's just never original anymore, and with IW it's really hitting a downward spiral. That's why I'm not buying the next one. I'll stick to Overwatch, Battlefield and of course Halo. I never played Reach but I actually kinda liked Wars. Never watched the movies, I hear they were rather disappointing, and Ive not seen Red vs. Blue either.

Well, the movies are pretty meh. They're not necessarily bad, IMO, but you know. They feel like slightly higher-quality Sy-Fy channel movies, if that makes any sense. So, if you're into those, you will probably like them. Personally, I love Forward Unto Dawn.

Red vs. Blue, however, is hit-or-miss. It relies pretty heavily on crude humor. The story can be hard to follow, and the first few seasons are pretty slow-paced (and obviously, not as polished as later seasons).

• Brohoof 1

I've been a loyal Halo fan since the beginning. I remember getting an original Xbox for my birthday with a copy of Combat Evolved. My friends and I played the stuffing out of it. Haha. Good times.

Then Halo 2 came out and we just about broke the disc. Haha. It was played at my house exponentially more than any other game.

I have my best Halo memories surrounding Halo 3. The commercials, the crazy Iris ARG, the Mountain Dew Game Fuel (I was addicted to the stuff haha). There was so much hype...The release of Halo 3 felt like the biggest entertainment release of all time back then. And the game itself was amazing. I saved up my allowance to get the awesome Legendary Edition. Worth every penny.

Then Halo 4 came out. It was a significant step down in quality but I personally enjoyed it. I really got a kick out of online multiplayer.

Then Guardians released just under a year ago. I absolutely love the online multiplayer and I *can't wait* to play Halo 6. That cliffhanger, especially with the Legendary ending, is *crazy.* I really like what they're doing with Cortana.

• Brohoof 3

Well, the movies are pretty meh. They're not necessarily bad, IMO, but you know. They feel like slightly higher-quality Sy-Fy channel movies, if that makes any sense. So, if you're into those, you will probably like them. Personally, I love Forward Unto Dawn.

Red vs. Blue, however, is hit-or-miss. It relies pretty heavily on crude humor. The story can be hard to follow, and the first few seasons are pretty slow-paced (and obviously, not as polished as later seasons).

Ah, I get what you mean. :D :D :D

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, I played the first one on 360, as well as 3, and some of 4. It's a decent shooter, but there are better ones honestly. Still, better than CoD in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

When I used to have an Xbox, I played Halo a lot. When the new generation of consoles came out, I opted to invest in a gaming PC instead of an Xbox One, so the last Halo game I played was Halo 4. I've heard I didn't miss much with Halo 5 though. I have a friend who is a die hard Halo fan. Like, it is his undisputed favorite game series of all time. He got Halo 5, and then sold his Xbox One to buy a PC within a month. He hated Halo 5 so much he has abandoned the series completely. 

• Brohoof 1