Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie Pie Portrait

Hazardus_Havard.

Well, I got my tablet working finally and I am back to some drawing.  I sketched this up real quick and cleaned it up in Adobe Illustrator.  I'll probably do some more images when I'm not writing my stories.  Any feedback and comments are appreciated.

Edit - I also added in the sketch of how the drawing originally looked, in case anyone was wondering how the two differed.

Another Edit - As the picture says, it's Anthro.  So many people immediately pointed this out, and I feel like an idiot for not seeing it like that.  So, I am going to try and do a pony version of her that's not so darn human looking.

post-5025-0-54810800-1357076175_thumb.png

Edited by Hazardus_Havard
  • Brohoof 4

This is great. And I'm not saying that because Pinkie is my favorite pony. This is really well drawn, and decently colored. I congratulate you good sir.

It was  a bit difficult making her hair just right, but definitely worth the effort.  I may try doing some more ponies in this style later on, it feels much better doing it this way then what I was doing originally.

Very nice! ^^ The expression is very nice and the coloring is well done! I especially love the way her mane was done! Lovely job :D

I thank you for the compliment.  After I'm done with this rather strange request, I was thinking of doing either Twilight or Lyra next.  Not sure who.  I'm leaning to Lyra since I'm doing a story on her, it would help.  But Twilight sounds like fun to do.

Well done! You did a slick job on her, especially the mane. The shape of her face is a little off, though, like she's a person made up as a cartoon pony. xD

Yeah, I've had some people tell me that, but not specifically the problem.  You're the only one to point out that flaw.  I do find it a small one, but it's still a flaw.  I think it's possibly because of how I tipped her chin instead of rounded it out, along with her eyes. 

Yeah, her eyes.  Usually, they're a lot bigger, more rounded, and go up further on her head.  What I did here was an old style I used to do and I wanted to see how it would look on her.

Oh, and it also might be because I did not add her body and only used her neck and head, like a person would be shown.  Hmm...  I may change that in the next image.

Well done! You did a slick job on her, especially the mane. The shape of her face is a little off, though, like she's a person made up as a cartoon pony. xD

yeah i agree she looks more like a human than pony. but still nice job on her...way better than i could do. keep up the good work mate.

yeah i agree she looks more like a human than pony. but still nice job on her...way better than i could do. keep up the good work mate.

Definitely not going to tip her chin out next time and try to make her face more rounded.  I will definitely keep the eyes though, I love the style they're in.

I am just loving this portrait! She does look a little bit human to me, but I really like how you did the eyes and mane. This is really something! Congratulations, Hazardus_Havard!

Yeah, I realized why now.  I accidentally drew her in Anthro style (drawing an animal with human characteristics).  So right now I'm doing another image of Pinkie, only this time more pony and less human.