Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Weekly Gaming Extravaganza!

MrJK

Okay, i installed the game, but now have to choose an Empire.. Do we have to be in the same Empire, or is that just a thing that decide's what sort of perks/traits/gear/whatever i have, or something like that?

You have to be Terran Republic to be able to play with us. It's basically like teams, so go terran if you want to be in our squad/outfit.

• Brohoof 1

Just a suggestion for Planetside 2, make a character as soon as you can and level up a little but for Friday, you'll enjoy the game more if you have even just a few unlocks.

I think the server we're on is Soltech which is US East. For the European guys don't worry I'm getting no lag at all from the UK.

Just a suggestion for Planetside 2, make a character as soon as you can and level up a little but for Friday, you'll enjoy the game more if you have even just a few unlocks.

I think the server we're on is Soltech which is US East. For the European guys don't worry I'm getting no lag at all from the UK.

try that with a mac and sucky 75 mega byte per second (wireless) freaking internet in freezing cold... couldnt even get to steam ._. and i cant play it ... greaaaaaaatttt.

Edited by rolle

try that with a mac and sucky 75 mega byte per second (wireless) freaking internet in freezing cold... couldnt even get to steam ._. and i cant play it ... greaaaaaaatttt.

I've found the problem that you have.... you're trying to play video games on a mac! xD. 

I love Mac, I use them all the time at work and my 27" iMac is fantastic, but if you want to game, a PC is almost required.

Also I only have 20mb internet.

Edited by Aaramus

I've found the problem that you have.... you're trying to play video games on a mac! xD. 

I love Mac, I use them all the time at work and my 27" iMac is fantastic, but if you want to game, a PC is almost required.

Also I only have 20mb internet.

Well i cant use a pc that late becuz i got one that is ethernet (HP from 2006) one upstairs (HP again from 2007) then we have one who we gave to our friend (logitech or something) becuz it broke down with the white skull of death Lol.

75 MB/s is actually very fast... Even if you meant 75 Mb/s that's still good relative to most people. Presumably you actually meant. 75 Kb/s, which is definitely very slow.

75 MB/s is actually very fast... Even if you meant 75 Mb/s that's still good relative to most people. Presumably you actually meant. 75 Kb/s, which is definitely very slow.

...no? I checked myself it said 75 MB/s and its slower than 25 kb/s that we had before... BUT IT STILL JUST DO freaking 100 KB per second in my freaking room.

Is the internet supposed to be 75 MB/s and you're not getting that, or are you actually claiming that 75 MB/s is slower than 25 Kb/s? Because the unit conversion says that 75 MB/s = 614,400 Kb/s.

If you're using wireless there's no way you'd actually get speeds that high though. Wi-Fi 802.11b or g connections have very low bandwidth caps and are pretty unusable for modern gaming purposes, or even streaming video. Or the problem may be something else entirely.

No i checked it... On 3 computers all had 75 MB/s but in my room its slow and the direct connection to the router is 100 MB/s so i dunno why my HP computer (2006 one) is slower than the 2007 one :P

Well that doesn't make sense, but if you're sure then I can't really argue. I don't have your computer in front of me to the same degree that you do.

I've personally never had a problem with gaming at relatively low speeds though, for the most part the issue comes when you try to download things. 1 Mb/s is sufficient for small-scale games with optimized code, even if they're very fast paced. Planetside 2 on the other hand... Poorly optimized and a pretty ridiculous number of things going on at once that you'd need to be downloading.

Soooo, who's gonna be coming? I can't know for sure till everyone sends me a message with all the info. Steam name, Skype name, PL2 character name.

Same Steam name, same Skype name, and I can't make a character until you tell us what server (and preferably confirm the empire).

If you were to look under the "Current Information" section in my original post you could see that our server is Soltech and we play Terran.

Alrighty then! I feel as if I need to make this announcement regarding tonights GAMING EXTRAVAGANZAAAAA (if only I could add sound effects to this)

So, today we will be playing Planetside 2, which is a fantastic game for the group the be playing, not only is it hilariously fun but we can really pull together as a team...unlike what happened last week xD. Now, today gives us  a chance to also participate in a much bigger event at the same time, The Ultimate Empire Showdown.

Here is some more information: http://www.planetside2.com/ultimate-empire-showdown

While we won't be on the main server, our actions and victories will still affect the total outcome which I think will make the game a bit more interesting and fun for all of us, we actually have a goal this evening! 

So, I recommend that you get the game installed ASAP and you get onto the Soltech server as early as you can so we can all play together as server spots will be tight today.

It would be good if we could get some recordings done as well (jormaz I'm looking at you!) as I have some fun things that we can do, mainly jumping out of a giant, flying transporter with many, many explosives. 

I will be on the game very early today to rack up points to help the team so feel free to come online and I'll add you to the squad and the outfit! Hopefully we can get a similar number of players to what we had last week, this is really a case of more people the better! 

Tonight should be a good'n! 

Also, if you can't tell, I BLOODY LOVE THIS GAME! :D

Edited by Aaramus

It would be good if we could get some recordings done as well (jormaz I'm looking at you!) as I have some fun things that we can do, mainly jumping out of a giant, flying transporter with many, many explosives. 

Well, i hope you don't mind 12 fps recording :o  Because that's what i get while in a bigger battles/enemy bases, my computer can't handle the game well.

I can play at 30 FPS usually, but that would probably fall if I tried to record and I don't have any good software.

Then again, if someone else can direct me to good software I can just turn down some options. It's not something I enjoy, but 720p instead of 1080 should be playable.

Well, i hope you don't mind 12 fps recording :o  Because that's what i get while in a bigger battles/enemy bases, my computer can't handle the game well.

I can play at 30 FPS usually, but that would probably fall if I tried to record and I don't have any good software.

Then again, if someone else can direct me to good software I can just turn down some options. It's not something I enjoy, but 720p instead of 1080 should be playable.

I'll record it guys. Shows up smooth and doesn't lag me whilst I play, and it'll be in 1080p. Anyway guess we shall be starting soon. For the crown Terran!

As usual, after the "main game" we ended up playing something else and this time that was Terraria, Galactic Magnate and Board Game Online.

PlanetSide2 was painful to play with low fps and i didn't record Terraria (it ended up being too silly for my taste anyway), but here are the other games. Fun fact, these "shitty" looking games were easily the most fun i've had so far.

• Brohoof 2

Sorry that I couldn't join but if I would have I wouldn't have been able to use the internet for the rest of the month (nor would anyone else who lives with me) but I should be able to play next week.

Updated! APB: Reloaded is the game of the week! Send me all the standard info and your character name. The server is Joker US east. Also, i wouldn't have to type this here if everyone read the original post which i Update every week!

At least i get a decent fps in this one.. Now i have no excuse if i suck :ph34r: Not that i care, because i am saving my luck skill for Board Game Online. Yes, that's the main reason i will show up, so we will definately play it. If you dare say otherwise, watch your step.. Because the next turn you take might give you AIDS. :lol:

• Brohoof 1