Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Weekly Gaming Extravaganza!

MrJK

[Game of the week!] ] [MAJOR UPDATE]  We're having a reunion! We're not reviving, by any means. It's not that time yet. But! We are having a meet up sometime soon and we'll be starting with http://www.boardgame-online.com/ It's free, it's in a browser, and it's quite fun! So that's a good starter at the very least. We may or may nor be playing more, but at the very least it'll be fun to meet with all the good old friends of the old times! I'll be updating this thread soon with dates once i consult the veterans of WGE. But anyone may join us! It'll be nice to have old and new faces to be playing together. COntact me on this site via private message or skype or steam! Anything!

Hello Ponies! Let's have a weekly scheduled gaming meet up, with the hopes of making new friends, Jolly-cooperation, and fierce competition! The goal being with this to grow the community and have fun, primarily. We should try and give games that are common and/or free so more people can play. I.E. Rose Online will probably never happen.We will be playing games on Friday at 6:00PM central time (GMT -6) and the game will be announced sometime before game night happens! To get in on this sweet, multiplayer action, contact me on Steam: Valkas or on Skype: CallahanWash

The rules aren't really rules, just guidelines and are fairly simple.\

1. Don't be a dick, we are all here to have fun and we certainly don't want a griefer or team killer ruining the fun.

2. Try and be communicative. Like i said, just guideline, but it would be nice if you occasionally interacted with those around you. Not required by any means, maybe your throat hurts, maybe you're in a pissy mood. This guideline comes from the idea that the goal is to make friends and make a tighter-knit community.

That's about it for 'guidelines', but this will likely be adjusted and tweaked as problems arise. as they often do.We have a skype chat group that anyone interested in joining can participate in. It is persistent and used as a chat group or suggestion box if you want during the week. always up for use.

We now have a youtube channel as well so we have a centralized place to post content "http://www.youtube.com/user/WGEWeeklyGamingFun"

[How to sign up]Just send me a message either on here, or on steam with your steam name, skype name and anything else you see fit to add. I will add you to the list. And seeing as things come up and events may stop you from showing up, It's on a first come first serve basis. And it's never to late to join(unless it's over), so just send me a message and ill add you ASAP if we have a spot open! 

[CURRENT INFORMATION]

We will be playing Killing floor this week! Death to the ZEDS

Edited by MrJK
  • Brohoof 7

This seems like it can be a really good thing. I've thought of doing similar things in the past, but lacked the organizational skills to do it / was too lazy. It would be great if we found a good game that we could group together in and do group things like quests/whatever. Doing things like that when you're all in a similar level range in a good game is a hard-to-beat community gaming experience.

What, did you expect me to have a game to suggest? It's been ages since I last got into a multiplayer game, though I wouldn't oppose to trying 'em if they sound interesting. I wish there was a way we could all teleport to the same building to play Mario Party or something. :P

Well, I guess I could suggest Left 4 Dead 2? Lots of people seem to have it. When this gets off the ground, I could see it being played regularly in the group. Maximum of 4 players, though, so that could serve as a bit of a bottleneck if more than 4 want to participate.

• Brohoof 1

Let it be done! I'd be in for this. Hopefully more shall rally to the cause and join us in this glorious escapade into the wonderful domain of.....

post-1813-0-43005900-1357338030.jpg

Edited by LowfatEnvelope
  • Brohoof 1

As of now Red orchestra 2 is an option, Team fortress 2, Company of Heroes, and Day Z. So, if we could get a census on what we are going to play that would be nice. Or if you have any more suggestions those are always welcome!

• Brohoof 1

This looks like a great idea! The games seem like good choices.

Anyway, how do we actually communicate? In-game chat? Skype? Steam? I'm open for all types of chat, but we need to check what everyone's comfortable with. 

• Brohoof 1

I would suggest a download game called League of Legends LoL, I simply cant get internet on something else and dont own the dayz, or we could do something else that i can do and i may not be able to attend sometimes.

Edited by rolle

This looks like a great idea! The games seem like good choices.

Anyway, how do we actually communicate? In-game chat? Skype? Steam? I'm open for all types of chat, but we need to check what everyone's comfortable with. 

That's a good point! I will add a bit in my main post. I think we should have a steam chat going for everyone, just for convenience sake if someone crashes or something, and maybe a skype call...? Those can get pretty crazy, so idk. 

I would suggest a download game called League of Legends LoL, I simply cant get internet on something else and dont own the dayz, or we could do something else that i can do and i may not be able to attend sometimes.

That is also a good idea! If you're up for that ill put you on the List if we can get enough people for that.

• Brohoof 1

That's a good point! I will add a bit in my main post. I think we should have a steam chat going for everyone, just for convenience sake if someone crashes or something, and maybe a skype call...? Those can get pretty crazy, so idk. 

That is also a good idea! If you're up for that ill put you on the List if we can get enough people for that.

i do not have steam but i have skype but i wouldn't talk that much and if i would it would be very light since im swedish so i guess its light for you.

Ok, i'm making a list now of possible people who would be there, dependent on the game. We still have plenty of time to decide game and get more people.I am happy we already have a decent amount of people already, so it is definitely possible.

Hmm this sounds like something I could get behind. The only games I can suggest would either be Team Fortress 2, League of Legends, Diablo III (doubt it since like no one plays that anymore), or Minecraft/Tekkit. If this actually worked i'd be willing to reinstall some of my games back on my semi-failing hard drive XD. I have Steam but no Skype though sadly.

Sounds interesting enough.. Unless i am too tired, since over here the time will be 02:00 am saturday (GMT +2) and it seems i might have to carry some stuff next friday (moving furniture to a warehouse or something like that)

But i guess my motivation to stay up depends more on the game we are playing.

I guess i am more interested in Minecraft and League of Legends. Team Fortress 2 is also an option, even if not really my thing.

I have DayZ, but i do not know my way around the map and i have very little experience in general. :P

And basically any free game is "okay", but certain games just make me fall asleep *cough*Realm of the Mad God*cough*

edit: as for communication.. Skype or Steam i guess..

Edited by Jormaz

So I was thinking (EVERYPONY RUN!). Would it be a good idea to have the sign-up sheet for each week, and then have a cut-off for it maybe a day or two before it's time to actually play? That way if less than six or so people sign up by the cut-off, some games that have a low pre-grouped player cap could be considered (such as LoL, unless we were doing custom games, or Alien Swarm). If it's over fiveish then it probably wouldn't matter too much if there was a cut-off or not. If 6+ sign up by or before the cut-off then it could just be removed as there would probably be enough slots in the game's group system to work alright (assuming it had one). Just a thought. 

I would suggest a free online game like Realm of a Mad God. Steam is completely Alien to me... is there free games that we can play or are we going to have to pay to play. Im ok with some games being games that cost money but id rather not have them all cost money to play.

Well i thought we could play maps on Warcraft 3 too (TFT not the other one...) i have alot of em so i could host if we ever would do it... Actully now i wonder if anyone here have it. (most likely no)

• Brohoof 1

Definatly up for this! I think League would be a fun option, especially if we got 10 people and just played ARAMs. Maybe even some silly sandbox games like G-Mod?

I like the idea of a weekly sign up, its a great way to know who's playing so we can organise which games are apropraite for the amount of players.

Skype is probably the way to go with communication unless somebody has a Teamspeak/Ventrilo server?

Edited by Aaramus

I would suggest a free online game like Realm of a Mad God. Steam is completely Alien to me... is there free games that we can play or are we going to have to pay to play. Im ok with some games being games that cost money but id rather not have them all cost money to play.

Price for games is definitely a concern, seeing as the point is to join up as a community and everyone can play. That's why currently League of Legends seems to be the lean right now. Ten people can play at once and it's free, so it's kind of a win win. The bad side of that is we can only get ten people playing. So, dependant on how popular this game night is, it could go either way.

Definatly up for this! I think League would be a fun option, especially if we got 10 people and just played ARAMs. Maybe even some silly sandbox games like G-Mod?

I like the idea of a weekly sign up, its a great way to know who's playing so we can organise which games are apropraite for the amount of players.

Skype is probably the way to go with communication unless somebody has a Teamspeak/Ventrilo server?

Communication is still a problem for this project as it stands. Because im not sure if you've ever been in a even like, 4+ skype call, but it can get so crazy, no one can here anything and it's chaos. If we end up playing LoL then we could have two calls with either team, that way it kind of evens out. So i think communication will just depend on the game we are playing and how many people we have.

I can join you guys if you want to play team fortress 2, league of legends, or other free/commonly owned steam games. I game with a group a lot, so if its a fun multiplayer game, I probably own it. 

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025197465

Add me if you're doing anything like that. 

Edited by jwutheheadcase

Well that would solve 1 team vs 1 team games but what if we dont get enough for league of legends and will this be recorded just asking. (or are we just chilling in the run just doing games for fun)

Communication is still a problem for this project as it stands. Because im not sure if you've ever been in a even like, 4+ skype call, but it can get so crazy, no one can here anything and it's chaos. If we end up playing LoL then we could have two calls with either team, that way it kind of evens out. So i think communication will just depend on the game we are playing and how many people we have.

I have been in 4+ conversations and yeah they can get a tiny bit hectic, especially if you have a few people who are very talkative and loud. Which is why I mentioned TS and Vent, they're much better for big groups due to the push to talk functions but not everybody owns a server.

Well i thought we could play maps on Warcraft 3 too (TFT not the other one...) i have alot of em so i could host if we ever would do it... Actully now i wonder if anyone here have it. (most likely no)

I do and i play custom maps about every day at the moment, but i didn't suggest it because i assumed, just like you, that not many of us have it. Oh well, maybe one day..

I do and i play custom maps about every day at the moment, but i didn't suggest it because i assumed, just like you, that not many of us have it. Oh well, maybe one day..

yup, maybe one day one day of all days that are left in our universe someone will look back and find MLP and publish it once again.

Hey everypony!

Heard about the idea from Winterbass ;). You guys cool if I join in :D?

I also got a great idea for a game: Planetside 2, it's an MMO (like really MASSIVE since you play against 200 other dudes real-time) FPS and it's free!!!!!111!!

The game concept is that you make a character, join one of the 3 sides, deploy in some continent, get assigned to a squad of 15 people and then try to complete an objective (like capturing some comms tower or something) with your squad and battle the opponent that is holding the objective. The battles go on forever so you can join in and leave whenever you see fit ^^.

Here's the site of Planetside for some more info: http://www.planetside2.com/

Hey everypony!

Heard about the idea from Winterbass ;). You guys cool if I join in :D?

I also got a great idea for a game: Planetside 2, it's an MMO (like really MASSIVE since you play against 200 other dudes real-time) FPS and it's free!!!!!111!!

The game concept is that you make a character, join one of the 3 sides, deploy in some continent, get assigned to a squad of 15 people and then try to complete an objective (like capturing some comms tower or something) with your squad and battle the opponent that is holding the objective. The battles go on forever so you can join in and leave whenever you see fit ^^.

Here's the site of Planetside for some more info: http://www.planetside2.com/

And of course you can join! and I thought about that, and i think it's a good idea, but not yet. I think i'll give a warning for that one, seeing as its such a big game and it requires some coordination. (I myself havent actually played it yet) So for the first week i think we are going to play League of Legends.

And of course you can join! and I thought about that, and i think it's a good idea, but not yet. I think i'll give a warning for that one, seeing as its such a big game and it requires some coordination. (I myself havent actually played it yet) So for the first week i think we are going to play League of Legends.

Yeah, I thought about that as well and that might become a major breaking point indeed... LoL is nice though ^^. I like the new layout of it, but I simply hate the new shop (searching for the right items takes ages......).