Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cutie Mark Speculation

Discordian

Well, take for example Apple Bloom. We believe, much like we do for Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, that we know what her special talent is already based on what we've seen from The Showstoppers. So, we think her cutie mark would be a hammer or something to represent her skill in carpentry, painting and that sort of craft. But she stated she likes kung-fu, which would be what her cutie mark would be if...um...free will decides what cutie mark a pony gets. She knows she likes kung-fu and based on the fact that a cutie mark requires recognition of the talent, it can't be what her talent is. Right?

But on the other hoof, looking at fate, we think that her cutie mark would be something to do with apples and that she is fated to it like the rest of her five billion relatives. And she also realizes that in Call of the Cutie when she tries a bunch of things with apples. Of course, she might have missed something aside from playing, eating and creating fine art for your home with them.

But this still doesn't exactly clear up the obvious question. Is her special talent really carpentry? Because that has nothing to do with her name like everypony else.

Well, take for example Apple Bloom. We believe, much like we do for Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, that we know what her special talent is already based on what we've seen from The Showstoppers. So, we think her cutie mark would be a hammer or something to represent her skill in carpentry, painting and that sort of craft. But she stated she likes kung-fu, which would be what her cutie mark would be if...um...free will decides what cutie mark a pony gets. She knows she likes kung-fu and based on the fact that a cutie mark requires recognition of the talent, it can't be what her talent is. Right?

But on the other hoof, looking at fate, we think that her cutie mark would be something to do with apples and that she is fated to it like the rest of her five billion relatives. And she also realizes that in Call of the Cutie when she tries a bunch of things with apples. Of course, she might have missed something aside from playing, eating and creating fine art for your home with them.

But this still doesn't exactly clear up the obvious question. Is her special talent really carpentry? Because that has nothing to do with her name like everypony else.

"What are you, a dictionary?" Jk. I don't know really.

There are many different points to what a Cutie Mark would be, for both sides

It could be predestined and has to do with something passed down from your bloodline... The Apple family is the perfect example. Now it might just be an inside joke, that all the Apple family's cutie marks have something to do with apples, since there are many different types of Apples, and different variations of things that go with Apples (Apple Pie, Apple Jack, Apple Bloom)

Then again, it could just be chosen by their actions... maybe the Apple family's cuties marks are forced upon them, since they are doomed to work on the farm their whole lives, being forced to have an apple related cutie mark...

Look at Rarity, she's a tailor, her cutie mark is gems since she could find gems, her father's Cutie Mark is footballs, and her mother's isn't seen, since she is wearing pants, but it doesn't seem like she would be spending time searching for gems

I guess we won't know for absolutely sure until we see the CMC (Characters we've seen develop) obtain their cutie marks and the proof will only be found right then and there.

Well to me, I like to think of it as their marks represents something that makes this special, rather then the mark being determained beforehand..........Becuse if it was determained beforehand, then what is the point of discovering the mark to begin with? Also, if it was so, it would mean that juur mark could be something juu might not like

I think the mark is discovered rather then pre-determained becuse the ponies need to develoup their intrests, mind, personalit and so on first in order for them to begin their trip in the general direction that their mark could be in..........So the mark is obtained through walking through the road of choices and other things rather then being pre-determained

Cutie marks seem to only be attained when they find what they naturally are meant for...Sweetie Belle didn't get one for singing despite her amazing voice, it's not what she is meant for D:

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony

Cutie marks seem to only be attained when they find what they naturally are meant for...Sweetie Belle didn't get one for singing despite her amazing voice, it's not what she is meant for D:

I think she just hasn't realized that singing is her talent, so her mark hasn't appeared yet. It seems to be tied into them realizing it as much as them having the talent. After all, Rainbow Dash was pretty fast for awhile before she got hers.

I think she just hasn't realized that singing is her talent, so her mark hasn't appeared yet. It seems to be tied into them realizing it as much as them having the talent. After all, Rainbow Dash was pretty fast for awhile before she got hers.

well if you think about it, all of the mane6 could have had singing cutie marks and I'm sure they realized they had that talent but it's probably wasn't what they were meant to do. Edited by Lady Rarity Pony