Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc City of Darkness (Dead, Please Don't Reply)

BlackShardNixium

The thing is that i dont know the name and i dont think anyone else have had it before me so... dead end there

Hm? An undocumented, unprecedented medical condition? And yet, you know that you have it? My trite optimism in the subject is beginning to lose its edge, rolle, as your capricious claims have yet to hold any ground on anything remotely resembling conclusive footing. Usually I would simply let this go, but I feel as if I have been personally lied to. Do not take this to heart, however; I understand that you most probably have your own feelings to protect as well, so if any of this is particularly hurtful, remember that this is from a non-judgmental standpoint and you are still entitled to your own opinions.

rolle, there is no such thing as a 'brain plane'; our understanding of the human mind is not so two-dimensional (excuse the pun), and our understanding so far is much too crude to form any sort of theory on what shape it might take if it were realized. For all of our knowledge on the subject, it might be a tesseract. Hell, it might be a pentaract for all we know. There is no 'brain plane', and there most certainly is not a method for using more than one.

Brains do not generate electricity, rolle. At least, not in the conventional sense. It is a common misconception: the 'Electrical Activity' we hear of in TV shows or comic books is really just changes in the ion concentration on the outside and insides of neurons, and the difference between the inside and out can be measured in voltage. I could go into the specifics of potassium, chloride, and sodium ions and how they specifically play a roll in this, but I'll spare you as well as anyone else reading. To put it simply: The brain does not generate electricity. If it generated any sort of measurable voltage all willy-nilly, it would not cause a 'headache', as you put it; the person would die as their autonomic nervous system went haywire indefinitely, since the human body is conductive almost to a hilariously macabre point.

I understand and respect that you feel that you are special, rolle, but please, for the sake of our sanity, this is neither the time nor place for playing pretend.

That's what the RP thread is for.

Edited by White Out

Hm? An undocumented, unprecedented medical condition? And yet, you know that you have it? My trite optimism in the subject is beginning to lose its edge, rolle, as your capricious claims have yet to hold any ground on anything remotely resembling conclusive footing. Usually I would simply let this go, but I feel as if I have been personally lied to. Do not take this to heart, however; I understand that you most probably have your own feelings to protect as well, so if any of this is particularly hurtful, remember that this is from a non-judgmental standpoint and you are still entitled to your own opinions.

rolle, there is no such thing as a 'brain plane'; our understanding of the human mind is not so two-dimensional (excuse the pun), and our understanding so far is much too crude to form any sort of theory on what shape it might take if it were realized. For all of our knowledge on the subject, it might be a tesseract. Hell, it might be a pentaract for all we know. There is no 'brain plane', and there most certainly is not a method for using more than one.

Brains do not generate electricity, rolle. At least, not in the conventional sense. It is a common misconception: the 'Electrical Activity' we hear of in TV shows or comic books is really just changes in the ion concentration on the outside and insides of neurons, and the difference between the inside and out can be measured in voltage. I could go into the specifics of potassium, chloride, and sodium ions and how they specifically play a roll in this, but I'll spare you as well as anyone else reading. To put it simply: The brain does not generate electricity. If it generated any sort of measurable voltage all willy-nilly, it would not cause a 'headache', as you put it; the person would die as their autonomic nervous system went haywire indefinitely, since the human body is conductive almost to a hilariously macabre point.

I understand and respect that you feel that you are special, rolle, but please, for the sake of our sanity, this is neither the time nor place for playing pretend.

That's what the RP thread is for.

What? The brain doesn't produce electricity? Well, there goes my plans for robotic bionics. :P

I didn't now you were into this type of stuff, White Out. Huh.

Might I recieve some prayers from you lot, if that's your thing? I'm going into surgery on April 8th.

What? The brain doesn't produce electricity? Well, there goes my plans for robotic bionics. tongue.png

Might I recieve some prayers from you lot, if that's your thing? I'm going into surgery on April 8th.

Actully it would be possible since it would use an battery and i still have headaches all the time... They just go worse every second too.

Actully it would be possible since it would use an battery and i still have headaches all the time... They just go worse every second too.

Well it depends. Might I know any other symptoms of this? It may help. Ever consider bringing this up at your next doctor visit? It might be needed for tests to be made. It may be worse... WORSE...

What? The brain doesn't produce electricity? Well, there goes my plans for robotic bionics. tongue.png

Oh! Be safe! You have my prayers friend. Might I ask what it is you're going to surgery for? ;-; I worry a lot....

Oh! Be safe! You have my prayers friend. Might I ask what it is you're going to surgery for? ;-; I worry a lot....

No need to worry. Procedure? Just some T tubes. They spend more time with the anastheseia the the actual procedure. Honestly, the big challenge will be heading off my rising hysteria concerning the event. :)

And I brohoof your brohoof, but you haven't posted yet, so I can't give you my brohoof... :(

:muffins: :muffins: :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

I apologize Black Shard, it's just that there's not much going on currently. Midnight went up to the balcony, White Rose went to the other room, Sagittarius is being Sagittarius, so there wasn't much to go on. As such, Pisces will be beginning his development. Since I've gone with the moon tarot card what better way than to help Pisces get in touch with his tarot powers than: INSANITY!!! You could say he's going to become a (puts on shades) LUNAtic.

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

• Brohoof 1

Hahaha, nice one XD

I am in a state of panic at the moment. This was not supposed to happen. My OTP is being threatened?!? I feel like I'm just gonna keel over at any moment from worry!!!

Your OTP? Heavens me, it does seem that the MidnightScorpiok pairing is losing its caliginous touch recently. Absence does make the heart grow fonder, I'm afraid, which is a terrible state for the beautiful blooming kismesissitude between the black pegasus and his unicorn frenemy. I suggest putting the two in the same group once again to let them unsettle their differences. I can assure you, once blood has been drawn we can safely say that a proper state of healthy black romance will have been achieved once more!

Putting aside the silliness, however, the RP seems to be slowly grinding to a halt. The groups have split even further, some characters haven't responded for than a week, and there seems to be glaringly little to do without, and excuse my D&D references, "GM Intervention".

As none of us (besides Thunder Knight, as you've said) know what what is supposed to happen, we are all relying on you as the thread creator to take charge of the rest of the world, regardless of what your character is doing. By creating this Roleplaying thread you've stepped into the shoes of a GM, and without a proper GM, there is no storyline to follow. Our dear friend Galvin Starlight has resorted to self-dialogue to keep his character posts interesting, and while I applaud that, it is simply not enough to keep the entire thread afloat by itself. Characters are becoming passive and unresponsive, and while Libra and Scorpio are off on their own adventure, the other 'half' of the group have already run out of novel stimuli to respond to.

I apologize for coming off as aggressive, but I assure you my spiel is simply my best attempt at being forthright: Something needs to happen, or the thread is going to die. Since our only point of leverage is through our characters, it is up to you to take charge of what that 'something' is, and it is imperative that you are able to choreograph both sides of the encounter regardless of what your personal OC is doing. While this might require breaking the 'two post wait' rule that King_Sombrero proposed, I believe that it is necessary for the GM of a campaign to be able to respond to all actions without restriction.

Your OTP? Heavens me, it does seem that the MidnightScorpiok pairing is losing its caliginous touch recently. Absence does make the heart grow fonder, I'm afraid, which is a terrible state for the beautiful blooming kismesissitude between the black pegasus and his unicorn frenemy. I suggest putting the two in the same group once again to let them unsettle their differences. I can assure you, once blood has been drawn we can safely say that a proper state of healthy black romance will have been achieved once more!

Putting aside the silliness, however, the RP seems to be slowly grinding to a halt. The groups have split even further, some characters haven't responded for than a week, and there seems to be glaringly little to do without, and excuse my D&D references, "GM Intervention".

As none of us (besides Thunder Knight, as you've said) know what what is supposed to happen, we are all relying on you as the thread creator to take charge of the rest of the world, regardless of what your character is doing. By creating this Roleplaying thread you've stepped into the shoes of a GM, and without a proper GM, there is no storyline to follow. Our dear friend Galvin Starlight has resorted to self-dialogue to keep his character posts interesting, and while I applaud that, it is simply not enough to keep the entire thread afloat by itself. Characters are becoming passive and unresponsive, and while Libra and Scorpio are off on their own adventure, the other 'half' of the group have already run out of novel stimuli to respond to.

I apologize for coming off as aggressive, but I assure you my spiel is simply my best attempt at being forthright: Something needs to happen, or the thread is going to die. Since our only point of leverage is through our characters, it is up to you to take charge of what that 'something' is, and it is imperative that you are able to choreograph both sides of the encounter regardless of what your personal OC is doing. While this might require breaking the 'two post wait' rule that King_Sombrero proposed, I believe that it is necessary for the GM of a campaign to be able to respond to all actions without restriction.

Understood. Really, thank you.

I actually have a few ideas as to what is going to happen to the group at the library. Yet before it can, I find it prudent to mention to you that it is super important that you keep the book Pisces found safe.

As for Libra and Scorpiok, the puzzle box pretty much holds everything we needed to find. Not the archives, but the Mayor's diary and the notebook. And I'm pretty sure it's way past time to meet the infected.

Also, I'm sorry I've been kinda rubbish at this job O-O still trying to get used to the GM position. I'm open to a advise and critiquing, so thank you White Out! OuO

Rolle, I need you to respond. Opening the puzzle box is vital to the progression of this RP and we'll stay stuck in this rut if you don't reply. It's been stated that libra can't open the box without Scorpiok, because it takes at least two ponies to do it.

Rolle, I need you to respond. Opening the puzzle box is vital to the progression of this RP and we'll stay stuck in this rut if you don't reply. It's been stated that libra can't open the box without Scorpiok, because it takes at least two ponies to do it.

I am sorry, BlackShard, but I say it's about time to call this Rp dead. I'm sorry...

Hmm... although... you did great for a first RP! I barely get 5 pages when I DM. :)

Sorry, BlackShard. This is being struck from my list of active RPs. I will, however, make one more post. If it draws peopel back, I'm back in. :)

Yeah, that's okay, I guess :3 it was a lot of fun while it lasted! I may do a reboot of it one day, maybe... Thanks for joining in! ^^

Yup and i was the last one to post waiting for you to freaking post :l so maybe its not... Dead until the dead/infected rises XD?

sorry i havent been posting much, but....life has been throwing me a curveball lately, first my car dies, then im being kicked out of my house,not to mention the hard time ive been having at work.

ill try to make a post later tonight.

Edited by Midnight_Moon

My computer times been really limited and I just didn't feel involved in the rp at all so I didn't want to waste the little time I had on the internet each night making posts that didn't really matter.  If you do redo the rp, please let me know because I'll give it a shot, but right now, whether it's done or not, I'm backing out.

• 1 month later...