Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Build-A-Bear Pony Plushies

Lady Leopardess

I took the survey and put in all kinds of info in the comments. I suggested Doctor Hooves and Derpy, removable wings for Twilight, Wonderbolts outfit for Rainbow Dash etc. I also voted positively for  Luna and Celestia. I would love to see the villians... but I doubt that will happen. DISCORD! He would be a pain to design, mass produce and stuff. But Nightmare Moon would be awesome too. 

I want a Dashie plushie so bad... she is moving in on Twilight's spot of favorite. I don't know why I just have been loving her more and more. I felt an immediate connection to Twilight for being a bookworm but I find that I enjoy rewatching RD clips and episodes and I just love her character design and voice. I am also undecided how I feel about the whole ending of season 3 with Twilight... 

Last Sunday a bunch of us arranged a double birthday party at Build-a-Bear Workshop. Our local shop (Westfield Marion in Adelaide, South Australia) just opened about five weeks ago and I immediately booked our party days after they opened.

I told the staff the ages to expect and they were pretty accomodating towards us as adult guests. Our party was only an hour long (usually a party of our size would be 1.5-2 hours).

I've witnessed a kids party before at BaBw, and ours was definitely a little different. The staff didn't treat us like kids and a lot of the really cheesy things and games were cut out. All of us were asked to do the Heart ritual though which I thought was pretty cute.

There wasn't any time to really dress and parade our ponies around as we had to finish at the one hour mark. Immediately after us was another party.

A lot of the kids and parents looked bewildered but didn't really say anything. I did hear that one mother did make some ghastly looks at a couple of us - but I only heard that from a couple of friends after the party.

Overall everypony had a good time. Now I'm going back after work to get a dress outfit for Pinkie Pie! smile.png

Here is a video that I put together for the occasion:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Finally went back to BaBW to dress Pinkie Pie (found a discount coupon to make the cost more sane).

Pinkie Pie nice and warm for the Australian Winter in her robe and bunny slippers :

YBuNJmq.jpg

Edited by SeaSpray
  • Brohoof 2

I was expecting the next two to be Twilight and Fluttershy, so Spike was a surprise! Nice to know he's getting some love. It would actually work if Spike is smaller in size, because then he would actually be in scale with the ponies. I also like how Twilight's mane appears to come correctly styled, although that might have just been done for the preview image.

The only thing I don't like is now I'm going to have to find an excuse to go on a train down to a city with Build a Bear workshop for the third time (just getting a train to go to one shop is a waste of time and money :P) and also find a place to put all my ponies before the house explodes ;)

I always tend to find 1 or two other things to do before I head somewhere. Especially since Build a Bear are usually in the mall , there's usually a couple other stores to check out like Hottopic. I also went to check out the Toys R Us near there.

I was expecting the next two to be Twilight and Fluttershy, so Spike was a surprise! Nice to know he's getting some love. It would actually work if Spike is smaller in size, because then he would actually be in scale with the ponies. I also like how Twilight's mane appears to come correctly styled, although that might have just been done for the preview image. The only thing I don't like is now I'm going to have to find an excuse to go on a train down to a city with Build a Bear workshop for the third time (just getting a train to go to one shop is a waste of time and money tongue.png) and also find a place to put all my ponies before the house explodes wink.png

The only problem for me is that the only Build a Bear workshops in my county require a train journey to get to, which is a lot of money only worth a full day out. So far I have managed to obtain both Pinkie and Dashie, and I may or may not be moving to a city with a local Build-a-bear in September, so I guess it's not that bad :P

The only problem for me is that the only Build a Bear workshops in my county require a train journey to get to, which is a lot of money only worth a full day out. So far I have managed to obtain both Pinkie and Dashie, and I may or may not be moving to a city with a local Build-a-bear in September, so I guess it's not that bad tongue.png

They're coming out in August so you don't have to worry about how you'll get there yet.

Since I can't drive it takes me an hour walk to get to the bus stop, then ride two buses...

I was hoping for Fluttershy :( But seeing Spike is a really wonderful surprise!! I may just go grab the both of thrm, I really like Twilight's mane and she is my third favorite.... I plan to at least go to build a bear and check them out

Last Sunday a bunch of us arranged a double birthday party at Build-a-Bear Workshop. Our local shop (Westfield Marion in Adelaide, South Australia) just opened about five weeks ago and I immediately booked our party days after they opened.

I told the staff the ages to expect and they were pretty accomodating towards us as adult guests. Our party was only an hour long (usually a party of our size would be 1.5-2 hours).

I've witnessed a kids party before at BaBw, and ours was definitely a little different. The staff didn't treat us like kids and a lot of the really cheesy things and games were cut out. All of us were asked to do the Heart ritual though which I thought was pretty cute.

There wasn't any time to really dress and parade our ponies around as we had to finish at the one hour mark. Immediately after us was another party.

A lot of the kids and parents looked bewildered but didn't really say anything. I did hear that one mother did make some ghastly looks at a couple of us - but I only heard that from a couple of friends after the party.

Overall everypony had a good time. Now I'm going back after work to get a dress outfit for Pinkie Pie! img-1422758-1-smile.png

Here is a video that I put together for the occasion:

Yeah I see the one later in one of the beginning parts passes the group and is like " what's going on here?"

Accents <3

That's fun about the birthday bears I don't know if they do that up here. I've never done a birthday part at one up in the US

I got build bear Rainbow Dash and Pinkie pie for my birthday! I really liked them. The next to comes are

Twilight Sparkle - Alicorn 

Spike - You know the dragon.

Something to do with a train? Or so I've heard! :)

I ordered the Lovable Pinkie Pie (what a surprise huh?) about a week ago online. It should be coming tomorrow after work. I can't wait to snuggle with her and play with her! ... I mean put it on my shelf with all my other toys and collectibles and review it.

I ordered the Lovable Pinkie Pie (what a surprise huh?) about a week ago online. It should be coming tomorrow after work. I can't wait to snuggle with her and play with her! ... I mean put it on my shelf with all my other toys and collectibles and review it.

Oh I didn't know you could order the ponies on their website. Can you still specify how much stuffing you want there?

I got my Pinkie Pie today! I have to say I was questioning the hefty price tag of 50 dollars for a stuffed animal, but I'm glad I invested in it!

She's very well made, the stitching had no mistakes unlike many other plushes, and her mane and tail fibers seem very sturdy yet soft, she's super soft all over. She's also very accurate, the eyes are spot on to the cartoon and her cutie mark is placed just right.

The royal wedding outfit is great too, the dress's quality has added details that pop out well. The necklace is made of cloth instead of pearls, but I prefer the look and understand that had it used fake pearls it would have looked cheap. The head band has been reduced to the flowers only and they attach to her ear, again the head band and pearls would have been strange looking. The dress it's self has some loose threads, but they aren't falling apart or visible when it's on Pinkie Pie. 

I love my Pinkie Pie :3

The only problem I had is with her mane and tail. When it came it was tied up and I had to spend almost an hour brushing them, detangling it, and teasing them. Out of the box Pinkie Pie only has a curly mane and tail and they're thin looking. I wanted to give it that bouncy, cotton candy like mane and tail she's famous for. I had to also use a blow dryer on cold to help volumize and spread out the hairs. I lost only a few hairs doing so and she now looks exactly like she should. Also I ordered the plush with a normal amount of stuffing, the company stuffed her just right, she's sturdy but not so stuffed she's hard to the touch. If ordering online I suggest letting the pros do what they know and stuff it like they normally would. Don't give any special directions unless you really know what your doing. 

I don't plan to do this but I also realize that it's very easy to turn her into Pinkamena by washing her mane and tail in warm water using a little fabric softener and 2in1 shampoo and conditioner to wash out the curls followed by using a fine tooth comb to straighten the hair out. I've done this with my curly cosplay wigs before and the the hair fibers on this stuffed pony are identical to wig fibers (Though Pinkie Pie's hair is much softer and better smelling than run of the mill cosplay wigs lol).

I just love her so much, I have to say the guys at Build A Bear know how to toys lovable for sure. Every time I look at her I feel all warm and fuzy, I can't let her out of my arms either. I've been cuddling with her all day, she's even in my arms right now as I type. X3

I urge everyone to get the Pinkie Pie immediately as it may be a special edition and going away soon, it seems Dashie will be there all year though. I hope that both of them are making kids happy all over the world, I know the Pinkie Pie made me very happy and I'm almost 20 haha.

Just be sure if buying for a kid you take the steps to brush her hair out yourself so they won't get a Baldy Pie instead. Get the Lovable set-up as it's most accurate with the show, the Lovable Pinkie Pie comes with the wedding outfit, necklace and hairpiece. The other set ups have her in more generic outfits and even wearing converses, some may like that kind of stuff, I don't. 

Here's some pictures, mind you the fibers in the mane and tail look cheap only in the pictures, in real life they don't have that cheap frizzy shine look.
post-15606-0-86268500-1368515389_thumb.jpg
post-15606-0-97848100-1368515392_thumb.jpg
post-15606-0-86653700-1368515395_thumb.jpg
post-15606-0-07027500-1368515399_thumb.jpg
post-15606-0-46254400-1368515402_thumb.jpg
post-15606-0-18729100-1368515407_thumb.jpg
post-15606-0-88556900-1368515410_thumb.jpg
post-15606-0-04014300-1368515415_thumb.jpg
post-15606-0-05728000-1368515428_thumb.jpg
post-15606-0-38331000-1368515432_thumb.jpg
post-15606-0-95531500-1368515434_thumb.jpg

And the "default look" or what she looks like without proper hair care tongue.png
post-15606-0-98952400-1368516354_thumb.jpg

And a reference pic because I can
post-15606-0-44334600-1368516355_thumb.jpg
I could have given my Pinkie Pie more of a beehive hair style, but I'm keeping her naked for now.

Also if you guys want, give me input on her hair. I'm still fidgeting with it trying to make it look perfectly Pinkie Pie.

• Brohoof 1

I picked up my pinky pie today after many weeks of deliberation. She's too cute! Now to get back into sewing so I can make her a party dress or maybe I'll be lazy and just buy one.

Anyways I was speaking to my b-a-b lady and she told me that twilight was coming in August along with a return of Dashie. Who knows if that's true but that is what she believes. She doesn't know anything about Spike though. ( who I thought was coming out.)

These plushies are so perfect, I want them RITE NAU.

The only minor nitpick I have is that Dashie's eyes aren't as accurate as the others (they look too much like Fluttershy's) but that's not a bother at all. Twilight is absolutely beautiful, her mane is SPOT ON (which I was worried about), she's so getting bought.

Only bad thing is I'm going to have to order them for delivery. There's a Build-a-Bear very close to my house, and I really wanted to go and have fun building my own ponies, but I also don't want to have to deal with people's dirty judgemental looks...

• 2 weeks later...

HI, many of you are aware of the build-a-bear my little ponies, rainbow dash and Pinkie pie, and are likely wondering if any of the other ponies will ever be available. Well, I have some great news! I found out from a sales person at a build-a-bear that they are indeed coming out with the other ponies because of the huge demand by so many people of all ages that have shown up to buy them. Thanks to Bronies everywhere! I found out that the headquarters weren't going to release any more ponies until next year but have already planned to release Apple Jack and Twilight Sparkle early! They should be coming out in November! Rarity and Fluttershy will come out some time next year. But there aren't any exact dates yet due to the fact that it isn't an official release yet. So please comment your thoughts on this and any stories on when you made your build-a-bear pony. Personally I don't have one yet because I am waiting for Rarity's release. If your waiting for a pony's release please tell what kind of outfit(s) you'd dress your pony in! I'd dress Rarity in a princess dress with angel wings!

• Brohoof 8

Did you just hear this from word-of-mouth? Or have you also found physical proof? I like physical proof. It's so...physical-y. 

If this is all fact, then that both excites and saddens me. Rarity would be the only pony I would spend my cash on. And then it would be only the best for The Perfect Marshmallow. 

Did you just hear this from word-of-mouth? Or have you also found physical proof? I like physical proof. It's so...physical-y. 

If this is all fact, then that both excites and saddens me. Rarity would be the only pony I would spend my cash on. And then it would be only the best for The Perfect Marshmallow. 

I heard from a sales clerk whom I asked if they knew when/if Rarity was going to be released. They told me what was going on in headquarters.

I hope this is true in Wisconsin as well (we are late for everything >:( ) but now I'm happy for two reasons. One, I can finally hace my own Rainbow Dash "Bear" and two, I found a perfect birthday present for my friend next year! He loves Fluttershy, this year I am going to see if he wants to see Equestria Girls in theater with me.img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

I heard from a sales clerk whom I asked if they knew when/if Rarity was going to be released. They told me what was going on in headquarters.

I've had bad histories with sales people lying to me...but I suppose if you can't trust the Build-a-Bear people, then who CAN you trust?

...aww, this means I have to wait for my precious marshmallow. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd probably wait for Fluttershy, but they are a bit too "froo froo" for me, personally. I made a cheetah Pawsome with the WWF tag, still love it. Gonna have to get my mom a Snoopy bear or something one of these days, and I wished I could have gotten the Rudolph one. I really do love their bears, just they're expensive, yet worth it. Ive got tons of stuff animals :3 and I think I will save up a lil money on the side for one