Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Build-A-Bear Pony Plushies

Lady Leopardess

Since it's only right now on their facebook in the comments I figure word may have not gotten out yet,  Build a Bear will be doing My Little Pony this Spring!  They haven't said which characters yet , but I'm hoping because in the presurvey about it one of the choices was Princess Celestia is that they do her. Their plushies are usually 10-25$ a pop. I"m not sure if they'll do dresable ones or littler ones like when they did the smurfs. When they did the penguin character it was dressable. 

Also anyone know why purple blind bag figurines are more expensive than Wave 1 ponies?  I wanna get my missing figurines but i don't wanna pay 7$+ for one figurine. Do you guys think if I wait the price will go down? 

I just saw a post reply and 

post-11698-0-82524500-1360823848_thumb.png

I don't think it's an april fool's joke.

Edited by Lady Leopardess
  • Brohoof 28

Ooh, Build a Bear ponies? I approve!

However, I have reservations, as most of the officially licensed toys haven't looked that great. That being said, I really, really hope they look good.

Thanks for sharing; I'll definitely keep an eye out!

• Brohoof 1

Build a bear doing ponies?

That place will get crowded with bronies if the plushes are good...

But since there isn't a build a bear around my parts... I think il stay with the fan made stuff!

• Brohoof 1

my favourite shop selling ponies? MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!!! ALL THE FEELS!!! jhgdcyuvaclixbharfabnurgcbwyrynfiucybcrxrjjrbc <- epic button mash, but still, YAY!!! i have three build a bears already and ive made pony plushies, but ALL THE FEELS

• Brohoof 1

This could go extremely well, or just fall flat on its face. I know of two Build a Bear places which aren't very close to me at all, so I may just have to hold onto luck that I find one in the spring near me!

For those saying about not having a build a bear close to you, they do have a website you can order from ^_^

For those saying about "making"   it. Some characters at build a bear you do make them , however like with the smurfs there are smaller ones that you simply can buy at build a bear.   Also if you don't want to "make " it you can order it online and they will send it to you stuffed. :3(either size)

Also I do believe they ship internationally , but I'm not sure on the prices. (you'll have to double check it though)

This can be pretty epic, as long as they do the manes right and don't half-ass them in an attempt to make them brushable (no yarn, please).

When they  did the smurfs it was stuffed shaped hair. I don't think they've done anything with yarn hair. 

• Brohoof 1

If this happens, and 20-30 year old bronies start crowding up the build a bears, the damn media's gonna come in and try to pop a funny and make us look like Rucka's description.

Rucka? You mean Rucka Rucka Ali?

They'll probably be about thirty dollars. Normally their stuffed animals are ten-fifteen, but these characters are licensed and they have to make a new pattern.

Nice! Maybe if they look good enough, I can finally get a Dashie plush for a more reasonable cost, rather than wait until the next EquestriaLA to shell out 80-something dollars for one at the con's vendor hall.

They'll probably be about thirty dollars. Normally their stuffed animals are ten-fifteen, but these characters are licensed and they have to make a new pattern.

I think it'll be about 25 , that's what the ones from the penguin movie were , although if they're only doing like smurf size ones then they'll be cheaper.

I read this before I went to bed last night and then I had a dream I had plushies of all the mane 6. It was very sad when I woke up and found I didn't. I'm still excited about this news. Just really hope that they are a quality product and look amazing. Who am I kidding I'll probably at least get one even if they aren't that great.

• Brohoof 2