Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your family's views

Sanic Screwdriver

What are your family's views on the show? I'm just wondering. Do your siblings make fun of you do your parents support you? Not asking for any specific reason just bored :) my family doesn't know I watch the show but I think my sister thinks brownies are weirdos or doesn't like them or something that's why if I tell my family I won't tell her lol

• Brohoof 2

Judging by my Mom's reaction when she found out I bought myself the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles classic series DVD boxset and said "but it's for babies" she will probably say "but it's for little girls." She hasn't really hassled me about it or anything but there was a little bit of teasing. My brother listens to Howard Stern and if Howard Sterns views are any indication is not very encouraging but I would hope he wouldn't be as harsh as Howard Stern if he ever found out that I like MLP.

I have a cousin who was really really into ponies during G1 and G2, she even made a career out of taking care of horses and I did make a reference to MLP on facebook once and she seemed to like what I said so I would not be surprised if she was into the show.My Dad may he rest in peace if he ever found out I liked MLP would probably laugh his ass off but probably wouldn't hassle me about it except for the occasion good natured jab which he has done for years.

• Brohoof 1

My sister and my mother know, and they both are cool about it.  My sister has watched the show with me herself, all the way through the first season and into the second season, and she likes it and totally gets why I do, and my mom, while she certainly thinks it's a bit odd and quirky, has no problem with it.  :)

• Brohoof 2

My dad doesn't know that I watch the show, but my mom does. My mom seemed okay with it when I told her about it. I just told her it was a good show and she was just like "okay..."

Not really sure what my dad would say, but I don't think it would be good...he would probably think it was really weird...

My sisters are bronies both, and readily tried it out when I recommended it to them since we always recommend stuff to each other. My mom became a brony late last year. She's not a major fan but likes to watch the episodes with us. My dad thinks we are all weird, but he accepts that we have different tastes.  B)

• Brohoof 4

My bro would watch it if he was bored, my dad doesn't know, and my mom and sister think that it is gay. They think bronys was made by creepy men or something, I don't know.

I made my family watch on my birthday :-D. Other than that i made my sister watch the rhe discord ones. She is the one who introduced me to star trek and that show is for nerds! Lol. They thought it was funny but also that I like to be different and weird.

Mom and Bro know, but they're okay with it. I was teased, albeit in a joking manner, about it for a few weeks, but now they have a "meh" reaction.

Well, when I told my mom, she just told me something like "Okay?". She didn't really care, but I think she thinks it's a little weird, at least the part where grown up men like it. When I told my dad, he took a little bit to get what I meant, but when he finally realized what I meant, he was okay with it. More of reaction out of him than my mom, something like "Well, I think that's great! I...uh...guess... Okay, it's a little weird!" I'm just thinking to myself "Okay, I kind of wanted this kind of reaction from my mom! This is funny!" So yeah, my parents are weird...

-TheDragoniteDestiny

<3

My mom says it's "not bad as far as TV shows go," my dad say that it is "cool" even though he has never watched an episode, my brother thinks that I'm crazy, and my sister is currently being brainwashed by my brother that MLP is for babies and crazy people.

Well the only person in my family who may be ok with it is my brother, and only because hes crazy... :P. The thing is he also has a big mouth and would bable it to my parents.

My mom has like a very small chance of atleast accepting it, but my stepdad has no hope. He's not even in my moms generation fully. So I highly highly doubt he'll be accepting of the prospect. Hes pretty set in his ways.

My dad may be ok with it, but idk. Part of me feels he'll probably be very unaccepting of it. It doesn't matter that much since I don't live with him all the time.

But officially I haven't found out, and I may never know since I don't have any plans of telling anytime soon, I already have plenty to deal with right now, I'd like to avoid any breakdowns of mine.

• Brohoof 1

My family is cool with it. They make fun of it just about as much as any other weird thing we might do, but I'm cool with that. They actually encourage me as a brony, as they bought me a doctor whooves shirt for my birthday last december. My cousins are fine with it deep down, but they tend to make fun of it just like any other kids my age. One of my more proper cousins actually gave my aunt the idea to get me another brony shirt for christmas.

My brother knows. We get along too well, he couldn't hate me for it. He's watched the first six episodes with me, and said it was pretty cute and funny, but wasn't really the show for him. (His favourite pony is Rainbow Dash).

My sister doesn't know.

My mum knows, I told her with a touch of humour in my voice - as if it were a really funny thing. She laughed and said "You know that's a girl's show?" Then I explained that you don't need to be a certain gender or age to enjoy a funny show, and that the new generation targeted it at all ages/genders. She then said "I might have to watch an episode with you at one point." which we never got around to. She doesn't mind at all that I watch it.

My dad knows, I didn't tell him outright but he probably heard from my mother earlier that day. He came into my room once and said "So how are you? I might buy you a My Little Pony." There was a touch of humour to it - he's a very good-hearted father, enjoys a laugh like me. I responded in a similar manner - "Ooh, yes please." Conversation then differed at that point, so he counts as general acceptance I guess. (Wonder whether he still remembers.)

All in all it's a simply passable subject, which I don't really mind. I'm not sure how they'd react if I went and ordered a T-shirt, though. Especially since my dad just bought me a ton of Diesel shirts that are super amazing. It'd be like I preferred a pony T-shirt over the ones he bought me.

• Brohoof 2

I don't live with a relative but with a roommate.  But it helps that we're both big kids who like cartoons.  She's more into Transformers but she'll sometimes watch MLP with me.  She can sort of see why I like it but says she'll never be a Brony herself. 

My whole family know as I make no secret of it. My dad couldn't care less, my mum thinks its odd but knows I like a lot of unusual things and my brother (older) has taken an interest in the show.

I should add I'm 30, just for reference.

Edited by Fridge
  • Brohoof 1

My family gives me a hard time about it because I'm in my twenties, but I really don't care because they've never seen the show anyway. They think its just for little kids. I don't live at home, so I buy all the pony merchandise I want and they can say nothing about it. My husband is a little iffy about it, but he's never seen the show either lol. I told him he has his likes and I have mine.

Well no one in my family knows. But If I had to guess there reaction to me liking the show it would be something like this:

(Older) Brother -- Everyone in my immediate family knows that I can be kinda crazy and I'm very open minded. This guy can be just as "childish" and crazy as I am. He's a joker though, so he will thoroughly enjoy teasing me at every opportunity. Overall, it won't greatly affect our relationship.

(Younger) Sister -- I honestly don't know what she do. From what I know of her personality, she wouldn't like it. She'd probably just try to ignore it.

Dad -- Pretty level headed guy. He'd probably just be surprised. Then we probably go into some kind of discussion about gender roles and society before straying to some other topic. After that he would probably just ignore it for the most part, bringing it up every once in a while, like he does with my other interests.

Mom -- I have no clue... I'm being serious this time.