Series Finale?

Reignbow

As I'm sure everyone knows by now there are plenty of rumors regarding what's going to happen in the season finale. I personally think the writers will make it a good ending regardless. However, some also make the case that "achieving her destiny" would make a great way to end the series on.

I don't pretend to know what's going to happen. Anyone care to speculate on whether the show will continue, and where it could go if "Princess and/or Alicorn Twilight" actually occures?

Edited by Reignbow

I personally think there will be more villains. chrysillis could even make a comeback! Idk why everyone is so torn about alicorn Twilight. I think it will be good regardless because they havent disappointed us yet.

• Brohoof 2

If you think back to season 2, everyone was freaking out over the "ridiculous" ideas of "Twilight's brother" (Shining Armor) and "a new alicorn" (Princess Cadance). People thought that they would be terrible.

But look at the result.

It was one of the most popular episodes ever to air, and that says something about the writers. It just so happens that people tend to overreact. 

So for me: it really doesn't matter. Whether Twilight becomes an alicorn princess or not, I have faith in the authors.

Edited by CloudFyre
  • Brohoof 1

I think of more villains appearing for Season 4, when this so-called Alicorn/Princess Twilight is created.

Maybe a comeback from Chrysalis after she gets back from blasting off again with Team Rocket. :P

• Brohoof 1

I don't really want Twilight to become an Alicorn in the end of the season, but if it happens i won't imidately dislike the show, I'll still give it a chance and see where they take it.

Still I really hope the show goes for a while, so part of me kinda doesn't want Twilight to become an Alicorn for that reason.

The writers have been good so far, so hopefully they won't let us down.

Fluttershy will become so submissive and fearful of rejection that the last two episodes with be trippy and introspective while she sits in a chair in a dark room. After she comes to the conclusion that she isn't a terrible person the room will light up, she'll be on a big blue ball with all her friends clapping their hooves saying "Congratulations!"

Edited by Jammo

They haven't said anything about season 4 being the last season if anything I think this will probably last for at least another couple of season after season 4. Hasbro knows they are sitting on the biggest cash cow ever here with their newfound brony audience so they want to milk that for as long as they can.

They haven't said anything about season 4 being the last season if anything I think this will probably last for at least another couple of season after season 4. Hasbro knows they are sitting on the biggest cash cow ever here with their newfound brony audience so they want to milk that for as long as they can.

The potential for earning huge profit definitely is a huge motivational factor for any company. But I've seen examples of ...some companies choosing not to do so for whatever reason. So I do not know if that's a strong enough argument in favor of more seasons to come.

First of all there is now exactly information about Twilight becoming alicorn. Prince Blueblood are unicorn. Shining Armor is a unicorn prince as well, so if twilight going to be princess there is no reason to transform her in alicorn.

Secondly - I don`t know why, maybe i just don`t get it stright but just ... why peaple think that this is ceremony for Twilight? We have Princess Mi amore Cadenza, who can became queen of crystal empire, haven`t we? We even have a reference in episode 2, when random pony call her a princess.

This will probably fuck the show up.

Being the new ruler she's gonna have to spend a lot of time on her job, and little with her friends.

Which will mean they'll probably leave the main protagonist in the dust. You don't see Celestia every episode do you? Nope, which will mean less Twi. ;~;

I don't know why she's becoming the princess anyways, Celestia isn't dying or anything.  <_<

Please, believe me when I say that I don't want this to be a doom and gloom thread. I'm not sitting on a curb with "The end is nigh!" cardboard sign.

But to be fair, "achieving destiny" isn't exactly an open ended statement. I personally believe that there are a lot of interesting ways Hasbro could take series four, even if season three ends with an Alicorn/Princess Twilight. New villains, perhaps new parts of Equestria.

JEeezus Jeezus Jeezus, haven't you guys been kids? Have the American made Saturday morning cartoons ever ended?

Typically when something like this happens in cartoons they always somehow revert back to normal in the end. In case you haven't noticed, nearly all the time things are back to normal at the end of the episode, and unless this one episode is actually going to be the final episode ever (they confirmed it was going to only be one episode, so I really doubt it) things will revert.

Besides, I already said this in someone's status update but I'll say it again, there has never been one American made Saturday morning cartoon that has had a character keep some physical change.

Edited by Lord Bababa

Okay, let's make another thread about the Season Finale.

-clears throat-

After watching the newest promo, Twilight Sparkle finally fulfills her 'Destiny', so what that destiny is is the question.

I picture something Princess related. 

The honestly think that Twilight becoming an Alicorn would make a great grand finale. But before that, I don't really think so. I honestly hope they go for more than four series. I think this show is still too young to die just yet. WHat I think would be awesome, though, if there was a mlp:fim Next generation, starring Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Babs as the main characters, and maybe the baby cakes as fillies/colts or something.

Edited by Betez

Her is what I think will happen

•Mane six are at or are part of event

•Something to do with Twilight

•Some villain appears

•mane six saves the day

•story gets back on track

•end, could be a cliffhanger or not

Or I could be wrong. But then again I could be right.

I think we need to do what we always do. Right now we are chomping at the bit for anything about MLP:FiM and its future because we haven't had an episode in two weeks. I think the Keep Calm and Flutter On episode will give us a pretty good look at whats to come. There is even an episode coming up with Princess Cadance in it. Lets just take it an episode at a time starting with tomorrow.

I'm guessing it will involve Pinkie Pie somehow. That's my guess, and I'ms ticking to it. Maybe her parents, or something like that. When you think about it, this show could be very dark...

This won't be the end of the series, as the fandom is slowly growing. As you may know, FIM is reaching it's 65th episode, which is a milestone for TV shows. They take a break from the series to gather their thoughts and produce more episodes. It's most likely that season 3 will continue sometime in fall 2013. 

i dont even want to think about the series finale. it wont happen anytime soon since you know, hasbro will try to milk this series. I do like the idea of Twilight the Alicorn. call me whatever but i want the series to end so it has room for a spin-off.