Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pre-Order for Fluttershy and Dr. Whooves Vinyl Collectibles

Aurum

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/doctor-and-fluttershy-up-for-pre-order.html#idc-container

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Turner/Gallery?file=Funko_and_Hot_Topic_Fluttershy_and_Dr.Whooves_release.JPG

The Hot Topic website is currently down, but here are the links for when the site is back up again.

Dr. Whooves

Fluttershy

Notes:

- 1 in 24 of each will come with translucent fur. (Looking sort of like some of the blind bags.)
- 1 in 2 Dr. Whooves have a green tie, and the other 1 in 2 have a red tie.

- It'll be a surprise if you order online.

Thought I'd give a heads up! I'm probably going to wait to see them in store. I want a Dr. Whooves with a green tie. Not to mention, a lot of the Rainbow Dashes and Derpys had slight errors (misprinted eyes, dirt marks, etc.) and I'd prefer to select the best-looking one in store. But again, pre-ordering these could be a good way to use your Hot Cash. :)

• Brohoof 1

Just four: Dash, Derpy, Doctor, and Fluttershy. But most fans are pretty sure that Funko will keep releasing them in pairs: 1 of the Mane Six, and 1 Popular Background Pony. (So Vinyl Scratch is a strong bet in the future.)

Man i'd be pissed off if i was the unlucky bastard that gets the translucent Fluttershy / Dr. Whooves. I can't be the only one who thinks it looks like absolute crap, any reason as to why it's so 'special'?

Not that i'll buy any of these, shipping to Australia costs a front and rear hoof I'd be better off melting down plastic and molding my own figures.

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy
  • Brohoof 1

I went ahead and pre-ordered Fluttershy since I had some Hot Cash and don't have a Hot Topic locally, don't think I will bother with non-mane six ponies unless we see a DJ-PON3 or Trixie. Only thing I can say is I sure hope I don't get a silly translucent one, the blind bag versions are bad enough. That was the dumbest thing I ever saw that they are making it completely random. With my horrible luck though I bet it will be, and I just hope someone out there would be willing to buy/trade or the return policy is easy enough to work around.

Hopefully the molds look better in person this time around, the Hasbro Design-A-Pony Rainbow Dash looks better than Funko's Rainbow Dash IMO.

Man i'd be pissed off if i was the unlucky bastard that gets the translucent Fluttershy / Dr. Whooves. I can't be the only one who thinks it looks like absolute crap, any reason as to why it's so 'special'?

Not that i'll buy any of these, shipping to Australia costs a front and rear hoof I'd be better off melting down plastic and molding my own figures.

Try punching in some of these codes into the shopping cart. See if it'll get you a decent-enough discount. Not sure if these codes count shipping, but it's worth a try:

$15 off $30: AEM8HY4U

$30 off $60: BH2WB7V3

$60 off $120: DY2MU5WC

$75 off $150: E9WGU5WL

And yes, lots of people are pretty much saying, "I hope I'm not that unlucky 1 in 24!" When I heard they were going to have variants, I was expecting a color change, like a shiny Pokemon. I think more people would be interested in that.

One thing I hope is that they don't bring the "surprise" to the store. $16.50 blind bags, anyone?

Oh, you mean this darling little darling that I picked up at Target the other day?img-1107149-1-Fluttershyvinyl_zpsaf1719c

I just adore her! At about 6.5 inches tall, she's so cute :D Sorry for the grainy picture quality. That's what happens when you use your phone camera with your high quality photo studio XD

Edited by Bunny_San

Oh, you mean this darling little darling that I picked up at Target the other day?img-1107149-1-Fluttershyvinyl_zpsaf1719c

I just adore her! At about 6.5 inches tall, she's so cute :D Sorry for the grainy picture quality. That's what happens when you use your phone camera with your high quality photo studio XD

Isn't that the Hasbro Design-A-Pony Fluttershy that had the white mane/tail/wings and the "tattoos" all over her? We are talking about the Funko version that is coming out, to be street released in mid-February.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/doctor-and-fluttershy-up-for-pre-order.html

Isn't that the Hasbro Design-A-Pony Fluttershy that had the white mane/tail/wings and the "tattoos" all over her? We are talking about the Funko version that is coming out, to be street released in mid-February.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/doctor-and-fluttershy-up-for-pre-order.html

Haha, well spotted! Seems I can't fool you ;) Yes she is indeed a Design a pony Fluttershy that I customized to look proper by removing all those god awful tattoos, and hand painted and matched her body and hair colors. I just couldn't resist seeing if anyone would be able to spot her differences. I may pick up the funco one just so she has a little twin sister (the Funco ones are about an inch shorter than the design a ponies) but I'm DEFINITELY picking up a red bowtie Doctor Whooves :D

• Brohoof 1

Haha, well spotted! Seems I can't fool you ;) Yes she is indeed a Design a pony Fluttershy that I customized to look proper by removing all those god awful tattoos, and hand painted and matched her body and hair colors. I just couldn't resist seeing if anyone would be able to spot her differences. I may pick up the funco one just so she has a little twin sister (the Funco ones are about an inch shorter than the design a ponies) but I'm DEFINITELY picking up a red bowtie Doctor Whooves :D

You got me excited that Fluttershy was being produced with a pastel pink mane! ;P Very awesome paint job! :) What yellow did you use, out of curiosity? I'm always afraid to custom paint for fear that the color won't match up.

You did a great job on the paintjob, if not for the seam in the mane and the slight variations in the molds these Hasbro ones are very close to the Funko ones. I recently got the RD one and planned on removing the tattoos and painting her this weekend until I got sick. I will probably pick up the Fluttershy one sometime soon, as well as any others of the mane 6 they release. I love how both molds have Fluttershy's tail on the ground partially, it's almost like the same person is designing them but just tweaking things to be more "collector worthy" on the Funko versions.

Edited by Puddlejumper

I just became aware of this while searching for Derpy paraphernalia and I have already ordered the first pair (Dash and Derpy) and will be pre-ordering the new set this weekend (payday). Anyone have any idea of the release date? I too hope I don't get the rare sparkly editions. Also, thanks for the codes. It's a great help. You essentially get two for one, which is awesome.  B)

Edited by Jemboi

They're being released on the 22nd of February  I intend to get the Doctor Whooves and put him in my bedroom. I really don't care which color tie I get, as long as I don't get the 'rare' version.

So, am I the only one who actually wants the translucent versions? I think they're neat...

Anyway, I'm definitely pre-ordering them. I hadn't heard about the tie variant before, so I'll hope for a green tie on my Dr. Whooves.

And if any of you guys are "unlucky" enough to get the special edition versions, I'll gladly buy them off of you, because I'm sure they'll be extremely overpriced on eBay.

I contacted Hot Topic earlier to ask if the packaging in store would make it hard to tell what variant we got. The email I got back essentially said, "Great question! I dunno." Hoping to figure out soon. Because if it'll have blind packaging, I'd rather just use the promo codes provided to us now and cross my fingers, as it'd be the same thing I'd do in the store if it was a blind pick. I'm pretty sure that the packaging will give us a view of them, though. :)

Oh, you mean this darling little darling that I picked up at Target the other day? I just adore her! At about 6.5 inches tall, she's so cute :D Sorry for the grainy picture quality. That's what happens when you use your phone camera with your high quality photo studio XD

Please tell me how you did that paint job! Are they acrylics? :o

You did a great job on the paintjob, if not for the seam in the mane and the slight variations in the molds these Hasbro ones are very close to the Funko ones. I recently got the RD one and planned on removing the tattoos and painting her this weekend until I got sick. I will probably pick up the Fluttershy one sometime soon, as well as any others of the mane 6 they release. I love how both molds have Fluttershy's tail on the ground partially, it's almost like the same person is designing them but just tweaking things to be more "collector worthy" on the Funko versions.

Thanks! I was very tempted to take an exacto knife to the seam on the top of her hair, but I wasn't sure how well I could actually carve JUST the excess seam off. I really like the designs of both as well, but I like how the Funco one's hair is a little more 3 dimensional looking.

You got me excited that Fluttershy was being produced with a pastel pink mane! ;P Very awesome paint job! :) What yellow did you use, out of curiosity? I'm always afraid to custom paint for fear that the color won't match up.

Please tell me how you did that paint job! Are they acrylics? :o

She was entirely custom mixed paint as far as her yellow wings. I used apple barrel acrylic paint from walmart for the yellow and mixed it down lighter using skull white from Games Workshop. The pink is just straight pastel pink apple barrel paint. It was just the perfect color :3

As far as customs go, don't worry about not getting the color just right, it's like painting a wall: mix mix mix and do tiny spots until you get the color JUST right then paint over the swatch spots. SO easy. :) Just make sure you have a variety of brush sizes available to you so you can get in all the tiny little crevices :D

Thanks! I was very tempted to take an exacto knife to the seam on the top of her hair, but I wasn't sure how well I could actually carve JUST the excess seam off. I really like the designs of both as well, but I like how the Funco one's hair is a little more 3 dimensional looking. She was entirely custom mixed paint as far as her yellow wings. I used apple barrel acrylic paint from walmart for the yellow and mixed it down lighter using skull white from Games Workshop. The pink is just straight pastel pink apple barrel paint. It was just the perfect color :3 As far as customs go, don't worry about not getting the color just right, it's like painting a wall: mix mix mix and do tiny spots until you get the color JUST right then paint over the swatch spots. SO easy. :) Just make sure you have a variety of brush sizes available to you so you can get in all the tiny little crevices :D

Thanks for the info! :) If you want to get rid of the seam a bit more, I would try cutting out a tiny piece of sandpaper and gently shaving away the seams. Not sure if the material would be soft enough for that to work, but it'd be worth a shot if you had some sandpaper around.

Thanks! I was very tempted to take an exacto knife to the seam on the top of her hair, but I wasn't sure how well I could actually carve JUST the excess seam off. I really like the designs of both as well, but I like how the Funco one's hair is a little more 3 dimensional looking. She was entirely custom mixed paint as far as her yellow wings. I used apple barrel acrylic paint from walmart for the yellow and mixed it down lighter using skull white from Games Workshop. The pink is just straight pastel pink apple barrel paint. It was just the perfect color :3 As far as customs go, don't worry about not getting the color just right, it's like painting a wall: mix mix mix and do tiny spots until you get the color JUST right then paint over the swatch spots. SO easy. :) Just make sure you have a variety of brush sizes available to you so you can get in all the tiny little crevices :D

Did you paint over the tattoos or go the old fashioned route of acetone?

Thanks for the info! :) If you want to get rid of the seam a bit more, I would try cutting out a tiny piece of sandpaper and gently shaving away the seams. Not sure if the material would be soft enough for that to work, but it'd be worth a shot if you had some sandpaper around.

If you were to go the sandpaper route, use the fine stuff so you end up with a smoother finish. Shouldn't have any problem wearing the material down. If you wanted it extra smooth after that I would bet a buffer from a manicure set would work.

Did you paint over the tattoos or go the old fashioned route of acetone?

If you were to go the sandpaper route, use the fine stuff so you end up with a smoother finish. Shouldn't have any problem wearing the material down. If you wanted it extra smooth after that I would bet a buffer from a manicure set would work.

I forgot to readd that when I rewrote my post XD Yes, acetone and q-tips and a lot of careful patience. :) And I COULD use sand paper. It would have to be super super fine though and even then because of the material it's made of I have a feeling it would leave trace scratch marks. So I just left her as is ^^