Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Metallica

Champion RD92

Any other Metallica fans here???

Metallica is one of my favorite heavy metal bands. I've been listening to them for a few years now.

Albums:

1. Kill 'Em All (1983)

2. Ride the Lightning (1984)

3. Master of Puppets (1986)

4. ...And Justice For All (1988)

5. Metallica (1991)

6. Load (1996)

7. Reload (1997)

8. St. Anger (2003)

9. Death Magnetic (2008)

My Favorite Metallica songs:

Blackened

...And Justice For All

One

The Shortest Straw

Frayed Ends of Sanity

Dyers Eve

Master of Puppets

Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

Disposable Heroes

Leper Messiah

Orion

That Was Just Your Life

All Nightmare Long

Cyanide

The Judas Kiss

My Apocalypse

Fade to Black

Call of Ktulu

Creeping Death

Wherever I May Roam

Don't Tread On Me

Of Wolf and Man

The Four Horsemen

So yeah, post songs and discuss your favorite songs/albums and stuff.

Edited by Champion Rod92"
  • Brohoof 4

...And Justice For All Is the only Metallica Album I own and it's a great one, I don't really listen to much Metallica anymore. From what I've heard of their new songs, the older ones from the 80s and such were better.

...And Justice For All is my favorite Metallica album. Their worst albums are definitely Load, Reload, and St. Anger. I've hardly heard any songs from them, but they seem really boring and kinda crappy. I love Death Magnetic, their newest album.

Metallica is what got me into rock. So they have always been one of my favorites. I've been listening to them for about 12 years now. I've never thought of a favorite album, but my favorite song is Master of Puppets.

I have all their albums except St. Anger.

• Brohoof 1

...And Justice For All is my favorite Metallica album. Their worst albums are definitely Load, Reload, and St. Anger. I've hardly heard any songs from them, but they seem really boring and kinda crappy. I love Death Magnetic, their newest album.

I liked The Day That Never Comes until I learned that they flat out stole the song from another band, which kind of made me angry.

I really need to buy some Metallica albums, they are one of the few bands that i listen to alot yet still have not bought any full albums for :/

Best Metallica song:

I love Metallica, hell I even have the Ninja star logo tattooed on my back. My way of showing loyalty to them since the music has helped me through some extremely rough patches.

I'd have to say my favourite album is S&M, I know many would not consider that a true album, but I love it. The inclusion of a orchestra made a huge improvement to every song, and the two that were written especially? Amazing.

I loved everything they've done with exception of St. Anger.

I don't have favourite tracks but I do have ones that mean a lot to me;

Wherever I may roam

Bleeding Me

The house that Jack built

Of wolf and man

Dyers eve

Orion

Harvester of sorrow

Unforgiven

Unforgiven 2

Until it sleeps

Ride the lightning

Damn, I had no idea how long Metallica's been a band. I just recently started listening to Metal, and I've never heard of Metallica. I have heard good things about them, so it might be worth my while to check them out. Could somebody tell me a good album by them?

img-1134753-1-CMC_gasp_S1E23.png

Seriously??!?!

St. Anger is one of my favorite Metallica songs, nothing quite like it to get yourself pumped up and crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovBNnm4EqRE

Frantic is good for that too i suppose...

Frantic is the only song I've heard from St. Anger. 

Damn, I had no idea how long Metallica's been a band. I just recently started listening to Metal, and I've never heard of Metallica. I have heard good things about them, so it might be worth my while to check them out. Could somebody tell me a good album by them?

How have you never heard of Metallica? >.>

Their best albums (in my opinion) are "And Justice For All" and "Master of Puppets". I also like "Death Magnetic" a lot.

Metallica, love it to death. More fond of their earlier work in the 80s, but Death Magnetic makes me question it.

Frantic from St. Anger was good though.

1. For Whom the Bell Tolls (Greatest f#king Metallica song ever)

2. Damage Inc.

3. ...And Justice For All

4. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

5. Don't Tread on Me

6. Hit the Lights

7. The Judas Kiss

Edited by DeltaTangent

Well their putting out an actual album (stupid Lou Reed crap album sucked!) soon.  I also like the Beyond Magnetic four song LP that was released last year.  It's much better than Death Magnetic itself.

Metallica, love it to death. More fond of their earlier work in the 80s, but Death Magnetic makes me question it.

Frantic from St. Anger was good though.

1. For Whom the Bell Tolls (Greatest f#king Metallica song ever)

2. Damage Inc.

3. ...And Justice For All

4. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

5. Don't Tread on Me

6. Hit the Lights

7. The Judas Kiss

I always see people saying For Whom the Bell Tolls is their favorite. I don't seem to like it nearly as much as everyone else for some reason.

I friggin' love AJFA and The Judas Kiss.

Well their putting out an actual album (stupid Lou Reed crap album sucked!) soon.  I also like the Beyond Magnetic four song LP that was released last year.  It's much better than Death Magnetic itself.

They're putting out an actual album soon? Sweet! :D

The only song I liked from Beyond Magnetic was "Rebel of Babylon". I don't think it was better than Death Magnetic, personally.

I always see people saying For Whom the Bell Tolls is their favorite. I don't seem to like it nearly as much as everyone else for some reason.

I friggin' love AJFA and The Judas Kiss.

I guess it's just the lyrics with For Whom the Bell Tolls that gets me pumped up (Oh and the amazing first two minutes are sheer metal delight). My love for the song is so strong that I started reading Ernest Hemmingway's book, which the song is named after.

img-1134753-1-CMC_gasp_S1E23.png

Seriously??!?!

St. Anger is one of my favorite Metallica songs, nothing quite like it to get yourself pumped up and crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovBNnm4EqRE

Frantic is good for that too i suppose...

Lol yeah that whole album was a let down for me, none of what made Metallica.... Metallica was there, and the recording sounded cheap and tinny to me. they pulled it back with Death Magnetic though.

• Brohoof 2

I used to listen to them a lot more than I do now, but I do still enjoy them. As for albums, I enjoy Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All, The Black Album, and Death Magnetic.

...And Justice For All is my favorite album that they've put out, and the rest of their albums I didn't mention are a bit meh. St. Anger is by far the worst album that they've released.

• Brohoof 1

St. Anger is by far the worst album that they've released.

I can agree with you on St. Anger, other than Frantic, but I think there's another album that might be worse, hell I have refused to even listen to the whole thing.

Lou_Reed_and_Metallica_-_Lulu.jpg

I've read one review saying it's like a drunk walked onto a Metallica recording and started rambling.

If there was that one Metallica album you could have in Hell, this would be it.

Edited by DeltaTangent
  • Brohoof 3

Well, my brother loves Metallica, and he always hear it, so there is no way i don't like it,i have their entire discography(got it from my brother) and i like them, i would say that the album that i like most is Kill 'Em all. 

• Brohoof 2

Hmm.... Let's see.

Kill Em' All is their best album. Ride the Lightning is better than Master of Puppets and ...And Justice for All. The Black Album and Death Magnetic are decent. Don't care about anything else. Oh and Exodus is at least a million billion jilian zillian times better.

Bonded by Blood is a much better album than Master of Puppets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7skUt-hAmA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpb0QWrxqnQ

PS. F*cking Youtube videos aren't working for me. :angry:

Edited by Neighvana666

METALLICA! FUCK YEAH!

Their best songs are:

For Whom The Bell Tolls

One

Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

Ride The Lightning (my ringtone)

Nothing Else Matters

Master Of Puppets

Enter Sandman

The Day That Never Comes

Seek And Destroy

The Memory Remains

Edited by Bloo47
  • Brohoof 2

Oh hey, that's me.  I've listened to them a good amount of times.   Especially Ride the Lightning.  Now THAT album is a masterpiece.  

Can't say the same for Lulu.  But then again, did anypony actually like that album?

• Brohoof 2

Can't say the same for Lulu.  But then again, did anypony actually like that album?

Haven't listened to it, although I think i heard bits of some of the songs and it was really really weird and not very good :/

yeah.

• Brohoof 1

Metallica is my favorite thrash metal band (tied with Slayer), Master of Puppets was the first solo I learned on guitar, and then One is the solo I'm learning now.  Kirk is one of the biggest reasons why I started playing.  Welcome Home is my favorite song as of now, but it changes so often.

• Brohoof 1

Haven't listened to it, although I think i heard bits of some of the songs and it was really really weird and not very good :/

yeah.

It's trippy, soft, and has the second worst performance of Lou Reed's career.   It's best to stay far, far away from that monstrosity.