Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brook Interviews Forum Members: The Series

Brook

Welcome, to the interviews of the people, by the people, for the people. This specific thread contains all of the actual interviews, now, if you want to be interviewed, replying here won't help, you need to tell me over at the queue and general sorting thread. Just reply to that one saying that you want to be interviewed, and you will be added to the queue. That's it, enjoy these interviews :)

Links to specific posts with interviews:

Here is the interview I had with the most shining example of a brony I ever met, Flipturn.

Questions in underline, answers in bold and italic like this

Green text is for my after-thoughts

1. When did you first become a fan of My Little Pony, and was there anything in particular that led you to enjoy it?
Ooh, first becoming a fan - that was a really awesome experience. It was the end of January 2012 when a friend invited me to a live stream of the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy episode that was being aired. Having only seen occasional references to the Brony community, all the bustling chat in the chat window was a pretty funny surprise! It was only the last few minutes of the episode, so afterwards I went to Youtube and decided to watch the very first episode. I remember being very impressed with how a show that seemed pretty children-geared used words like "imperative" and "precipice", and I thought the trotting animation was really adorable. As I kept watching, something clicked within me - why did I ever, EVER stop watching cartoons? That's when I declared myself a fan - this show was really cute, had loads of spirit and was really well made, out of any cartoon that I'd ever seen. Still is.

2. Has the community here on the forums changed your life in any significant way?
Oh yes, the community has been enormous influence. I've been to a wide, wide range of forums, and I can safely say that this one has the friendliest and most creative community. The way that all the members here are so amazingly positive and make great creations about the show, as well as recognizing the greatness of promoting life values from the show, really makes me want to be as equally optimistic and to make the most of my general strengths - and that's saying something seeing as I've only been here a month img-1134746-1-smile.png I feel so at home here.

3. Why do you love Pinkie Pie as much as you do?
A great question img-1134746-2-smile.png I love Pinkie Pie because she follows, and introduced me to, a wonderful life ethic - always look for the bright side in everything. That ethic has only helped me through so many life situations, and people have generally noticed me having a bright attitude - I owe it all to Pinkie Pie. In addition, she in herself is an amazing character - I love how she is truly dedicated to her friends and loves nothing more than making them happy, I love how she can provide the most excellent comic relief and still be a substantially deep character, and I especially love her complete and total zaniness - every scene she's in never fails to brighten up my day. It also definitely helps that she looks absolutely adorable as a character img-1134746-3-laugh.png  Pinkie Pie simply completes the show for me. If I may be honest, if there was never a Pinkie Pie in My Little Pony, I don't think I would be half as big a Brony as I am now.

4. How do you feel about season 3?
As it stands right now, I'm really, REALLY enjoying Season 3. It was the first season that I was able to anticipate and look forward to over a long time, and it definitely delivered - the Crystal Empire was a beautiful gateway two-part episode for the season, and after watching it there was no doubt in my mind that we had another amazing season coming. Too Many Pinkie Pies, my all-time favourite episode, came immediately afterwards - not even the Library of Congress would be able to store my love for that episode. I've noticed Season 3 are giving many, many more nods to the fan base without it becoming pandering - the artistic side of me went wild for the new, much more fluid and attractive animation in this season, and the returns of Trixie and Discord couldn't have been better received. As a matter of fact, every Season 3 episode I've loved to bits - even Spike At Your Service, which nopony seems to have liked. So all in all, Season 3 is a brilliant season, and I'm super excited for the final two episodes that will undoubtedly be of the same standard. 

5. What is your favorite thing about MLP Forums?
Ooh, there are many things I love about MLP Forums. The community is a given, as I described, because they're nothing but friendly and all are very intelligent and eloquent. I love the amount of detailed discussion there is on MLP Forums - pretty much every post I see is elaborately written, and there are just so many different discussion topics to be a part of. What I also love about this place is that it's super active, all the members have something unique and likeable about them, with new posts, threads and updates from friends by the minute - without becoming too crowded for comfort. I see loads of tightly-bound friendships and shared jokes, so the atmosphere of the place is great too. Plus, the amount of notifications one typically gets makes me feel spoiled :3 I'm a little bit resentful that I didn't find this place sooner n.n But on the bright side, I'm a member and I feel completely at home here.

6. How do you feel about Alicorn Twilight?
I could sum up Alicorn Twilight in four words - big fuss over nothing! What the writers and producers have delivered us so far has been great, the proof is in how massive Bronydom is - I can rely on them with ease to make sure alicorn Twilight blow us away. Very many people are acting the same way about Alicorn Twilight as they were about A Canterlot Wedding - "My Little Pony is forever ruined! The writers have completely lost it! I'm leaving the fandom!" And then it came along and we were all wowed! So as I always look on the bright side, I reckon the writers to know exactly what they're doing with Alicorn Twilight and they're yet again going to stun us. You can't really know until you've seen it for yourself, right? We say the same thing to anti-Bronies, after all img-1134746-4-smile.png

I think that, given the synopsis for the final episode, that Alicorn Twilight is definitely a temporary thing. The final episode is where (spoilers) they all apparently have their cutie marks and "destinies" switched - so it would seem sensible that Alicorn Twilight would come from this, and just as likely return to normal from the solution she's supposed to conjure up. I think, if anything, the idea of Alicorn Twilight makes me even more excited to see what actually happens after all the hype about it.

And randomly I asked: Welcome to the Salty Spatoon, how tough are ya'?
How tough am I? How tough am I? I'll have you know that I watched Pinkie make a G3 face...

...and I only laughed for half an hour afterwards!

Now go make Flipturn your friend, now, gogogogogogogogo.

Edited by Brook
Discord was in your thread, mergin' your posts
  • Brohoof 10

(edited)

Interesting read, especially considering I didn't know that much about Flipturn. 

And it doesn't at all bug me that you copied my format and even some exact very specific questions exactly without asking. *Sarcasm*

Well I'm sorry I thought we were going to have a format why don't you just kill me for being alive jeez. Really though I truly thought it was going to be a series with similar questions, I'll make up my own in the future. Some will inherently be the same though, due to the fact that they are very general.

Edited by Brook

Well I'm sorry I thought we were going to have a format why don't you just kill me for being alive jeez. Really though I truly thought it was going to be a series with similar questions, I'll make up my own in the future. Some will inherently be the same though, due to the fact that they are very general.

Don't be melodramatic, criticism is something everyone has to live with at some point in their life or another. I even would have said yes if you'd asked me, I was just upset that you didn't. I was more upset about you stealing the format than the questions, because as you said, they are infact, fairly general. Infact, I'm only upset about question one when it comes to the questions, because you took it word for word.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

Don't be melodramatic, criticism is something everyone has to live with at some point in their life or another. I even would have said yes if you'd asked me, I was just upset that you didn't. I was more upset about you stealing the format than the questions, because as you said, they are infact, fairly general.

I am sorry okay? Here, I will ask you now, is it okay if I use a similar format? Because honestly I'm not even sure how I would change the format, it's just a simple interview format, and if you want me to change it I wouldn't know how to. Also I used the same format because as I said, I thought we were going to work together. Do you want me to change it now? And if so, how? I genuinely have no idea >.>

• Brohoof 1

I am sorry okay? Here, I will ask you now, is it okay if I use a similar format? Because honestly I'm not even sure how I would change the format, it's just a simple interview format, and if you want me to change it I wouldn't know how to. Also I used the same format because as I said, I thought we were going to work together. Do you want me to change it now? And if so, how? I genuinely have no idea >.>

It's okay if you use it, I didn't mean you actually had to change it. First off because I can't force you to, but more importantly, because it would be stupid of me to do so.

It's okay if you use it, I didn't mean you actually had to change it. First off because I can't force you to, but more importantly, because it would be stupid of me to do so.

Well thank you, and once again, it was a mistake, it won't happen again (I guess?), and I'm sorry any of us got upset. I'm going to bed now, so bye Harmonix.

Okay, okay, okay, okay holy crap I can't believe I never thought about the whole alicorn twilight episode going like that. I always knew it was temporary, but I can't say I ever expected it to be put quite like that.

My life is changed.

Here is the interview I had with quite the charmer, Mr. Prismatic.

If you wish to be interviewed, click here.

Questions in underline, answers in bold and italic like this.

1. When did you first become a fan of the show, and what drew you into watching it?

I became a fan of the show sometime around early March of 2011.  I was browsing through YouTube and I found the scene in Green Isn't your Color in which Fluttershy was so frustrated she could just scream.  My first impression was somewhat in awe and I was oddly intrigued by the animation and the voice acting.  What drew me into it more than anything was I stumbled across Rarity's laugh from Sonic Rainboom and once I skimmed through that episode and saw the Rainboom I was hooked.  About a week later I took my desktop offline for cleanup in which I was able to catch up the entire season up to that point within the afternoon.

Unfortunately this also means I have no friends or anything else to hook me into the show (which I feel is how most bronies are into the show for some odd reason) and it took the better half of a month to get rid of my first impression of Rarity.

2. What's your favorite part of MLP Forums?

That's a tough one.  I've only been a member for a week but from a first glance I'd say that the organization is nice and as for a physical location of the forums I like the repository for original characters.  Then again I don't venture to too many forums so I don't know if that's unique to here or not.

On the technical side my favorite part is that I get notifications and private message notices while I am not on that particular tab.

3. Who is your favorite character in the show, and why?

Hmm...I suppose it's always been Trixie.  I think between her boasting and how she 'didn't get along' with most of the mane six I just found her amusing.  Needless to say I like all the ponies and I'm also slightly biased in which my old unicorn original character and Trixie share the same school of magics.  While I liked her in Season 3 I obviously knew as part of the plot that she would go a bit crazy.

4. What is your opinion on Alicorn Twilight?

As for the first few times I've thought about it I've been highly unsure of the concept.  I've actually felt a looming shadow the last week or two on the other brony places I visit and apparently (or so I think) it was Alicorn Twilight.  I know it has a few bronies challenging the idea and many others saddened by it.  For me I will wait until I see the episode to make my verdict on Alicorn Twilight.  I don't like to jump to conclusions and the last thing I need is to say something silly or get other ponies riled up over something as that.  It does feel rather awkward that they're doing a phone-in contest for some humanoid child to go to Los Angeles...Los Pegasus?

5. Has the brony community changed you in any way?

That is a rather good question.  I think the one change that comes to mind was when I used to be staff of another brony community.  I had brought along a whole stack of many interesting concepts and ideas that I wanted to see how well they would work from the years I've played around online.  Unfortunately I learned in the end that there are no such things as good or bad ideas...Just horrible execution.  I suppose it does give me some managerial experience in terms of the internet and websites but as a person I feel mostly the same.  I've kinda sunk into the internet grove to the point where whether or not a person is a brony or not they're still playing on the internet and the population distribution does not change.

In real life it's gotten me a reason to actually go to a convention and enjoy myself.  While there are probably other conventions (even where I live I don't go to them) I'm somewhat the person that if i'm not getting one hundred percent of my bits' worth it's not something I'd partake in at all.  So I suppose it's opening me up to doing more things...I guess.  Hopefully I am not rambling on at this point in time.

I suppose it ties into the point that because I brought myself into the community there wasn't anything I had to hurdle over (i.e. more accepting of ponies whereas I was already open minded).

Follow-up on the last: Did you end up actually going to a convention?

I went to Brony Fan Fair last year.  It was fun and interestingly enough had a huge turnout despite the lack of any voice talents or other staff from the show.  Granted as joke I did lug a 11 pound laptop with a carrying handle to use a conversation starter (and check my email).

6. Do you like waffles?

Indeed I do, although I rarely eat them.

It was really nice to get the perspective of someone rather new to the forums, and I hope Prismatic ends up having some share in our community :)

• Brohoof 8

Another splendid interview Brook, hope the next comes soon. I love reading these ^^

On the topic of conventions...I do hope they continue like the star trek ones (at least I assume they are still running o_O) long after the series ends. I MUST ATTEND BOTH BUCK AND BRONYCON :(

(edited)

This is an interview I had with ~Awfu-I mean ~Lawful Jordo~, the one and only.

1. When did you first become a fan of My Little Pony, and what made you decide to be a full-on brony?

I first became a Brony back in December of 2011. I was first attracted to the show because of it's visual design; Rainbow Dash's design in particular. Unlike a lot of bronies, I was never really turned away at all because of the show's target audience. Personally I have always gone by the notion that entertainment can be found in any medium, regardless of who it was originally intended for. I have always enjoyed cartoons, hence why I aspire to become an animator. 

To be completely honest, I was a closet brony up until a few months ago. I know that kind of contradicts what I was trying to get across, but my dad is quite the homophobe. I was worried of the kind of backlash I would face from my family. It wasn't until one of my real life friends came out as a brony that I found the courage to admit my love for the show. 

If I could say anything to closet bronies out there, I would have to say don't worry so much. Choosing the full on brony experience was one of the better choices of my life. Life is much to short to shelter your true self.

2. Who is your favorite character in the show, and why?

My favorite character hands down is Rainbow Dash. First of all, if it wasn't for the brilliance of her visual design, my artistic nature probably would have never drawn me to the show. She holds pretty well all of the traits that I admire in a person (Or in this case, a pony). She is confident, brave and willing to face down any challenge, she is the first person to stick up for you when the chips are down, and above everything else; she is the element of Loyalty. She would never abandon her friends or compromise her closely held ideals; even if it means giving up on her dreams. 

I have also found that I can relate to her. While her other qualities are respectable, I believe her competitiveness is what I can truly relate to. As a martial artist, I know what it's like to taste defeat; how difficult it is to admit your competitor as bested you. However, I have also tasted how sweet it is to rise above, and prove you are the superior. I truly believe if you are not an athlete, you cannot connect with Dash on that level. 

I can't quite remember where I heard this, so forgive me for stealing this quote. 

"I do not go into competition to defeat my opponent, I go into competition to defeat myself". 

That my fellow bronies, is the true essence of Rainbow Dash; To never give up until you've bested even your own limits. 

Though I could write an entire essay on why I love Rainbow Dash; this was just scratching the surface.

3. Has being a brony changed your life in any way?

Being a brony has definitely changed my life for the better. I have met so many good friends on this website alone, never mind all the other people I've met because of this fandom. This is pretty much the first show where I've taken the lessons to heart; that friendship and kindness is truly the better path. I honestly think that the world would be a better place if more people were willing to give this show a chance. 

Heh, maybe I'm wrong. I can't count on everyone taking these lessons to heart. Still, I know in my elder years I will look back on my time as a brony and smile. I will be giving out plenty a brohoof in the seniors home. 

Not to mention this is the show that cemented my dream of becoming an animator. Before MLP, I wasn't quite sure where I was going in life. After MLP, I was inspired to pursue my dream job as an animator. I am now attending college and having the greatest time of my life, partly thanks to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, an apparent 'Girly show'.

It just goes to show that only the ignorant judge a book by it's cover, and I feel sorry for them. 

This next question I recommend you take notes from.

4. Where do you think the community will go from here? As in what do you see in the future of the fandom?

Ah yes, the future of our beloved fandom. I've heard bronies all across the internet ranting about how our days are numbered, but I must ask; Why? Why does this all have to end? I don't know why everyone has sunk into this mentality that our fandom has to die one of these days. 

To those people, this is what I have to say:

The Star Wars fandom has lasted over 36 years. Star Trek's fans have been going at it for over 47 years. Dc comic fandom has been going strong for 79 years. 

Our fandom produces more content than all of those fandoms combined. 

Our show may get cancelled one of these years, but that doesn't mean our fandom dies. Truly great works of fiction will stand the test of time, this I am confident in. 

Being a brony may be inspired by our favorite television show, but at it's core it is about bringing people together. That in itself can never die. 

Also, those of you who think the show is going to die because of this Alicorn business... Calm down and give it a chance. Trust in the writers who have created this wonderful show, chances are they know what they are doing.

5. What is your favorite part of MLP Forums?

That is a very tough question to answer being truthful. Not because I don't find enjoyment in this website, but because it's hard to pinpoint my favorite thing. 

In the end, I would have to say the members. I have made some real friends on this website, and I truly mean that. These guys and gals have been there for me through thick and thin. I have watched people grow in my short time here. 

These are some of the most welcoming, funny and all around great people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. 

6. What's your opinion on season 3 so far?

I am quite enjoying season 3. Two of my favorite episodes have been in season 3; Sleepless in Ponyville and Wonderbolt Academy. 

I honestly don't get why some people are disappointed, in my opinion Season 3 has been great. 

The next two episodes also have great potential, I am looking forward to them.

7. What is love?

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

Jordo is a very insightful person, and I'm glad I asked what I asked, he really gave me some morals to implement as a brony, and hopefully he gave some to you too.

Edited by Brook
  • Brohoof 14

Another splendid interview Brook, hope the next comes soon. I love reading these ^^

On the topic of conventions...I do hope they continue like the star trek ones (at least I assume they are still running o_O) long after the series ends. I MUST ATTEND BOTH BUCK AND BRONYCON :(

BAM! JUST FOR YOU PARSLEY, I INTERVIEWED JORDO MOTHERBUCKERS!

Also I wish there were cons in Israel :( I live in Israel, and bronydom isn't even a thing here :/

• Brohoof 1

BAM! JUST FOR YOU PARSLEY, I INTERVIEWED JORDO MOTHERBUCKERS!

Also I wish there were cons in Israel :( I live in Israel, and bronydom isn't even a thing here :/

Ooo, I'm loved <3. I'll be sure to read asap :P

You should try and hook up with Living Tombstone, he is from Israel.

Heh it'll be a while before I am interviewed but I will be sitting here paitently

Ooo, I'm loved <3. I'll be sure to read asap :P

You should try and hook up with Living Tombstone, he is from Israel.

Heh it'll be a while before I am interviewed but I will be sitting here paitently

Oh no don't get me wrong there are SOME meet-ups, but I also can't drive anywhere on my own and most of them are private with up to 20 people :\

What I meant was stuff that would be like actual cons, BUCK, Bronycon and whatnot, truly big stuff.

Another delightful interview, bravo.

Love the random questions at the end.

Keep up the good work, however I would love to hear peoples opinions on fan fiction/artwork

Oh okay, yeah my next interview will probably be someone artistic, I want to get at least one dude that has a hand at art, not just visual art, any sort of art.

Oh okay, yeah my next interview will probably be someone artistic, I want to get at least one dude that has a hand at art, not just visual art, any sort of art.

^^ Awesome, mainly want to hear about this, because...I don't know if it is just me or the forum in general, but whenever I post something about my Fan Fiction it falls on deaf ears :(

(edited)

This is an interview I had with my dear friend and personal inspiration, Babs, a.k.a. Lord Bababa.

Question in underline, answers in bold and italic like this.

1. When did you first become a fan of My Little Pony, and what made you decide to actually join the fandom?

Actually, if you want the honest truth about me and ponies I started playing around with some of the toys when I was 7. Like, I knew it was girly and all but I didn't care, plus the girl I had a crush on at the time (I think her name was Rebecca, but I can't remember) was into them so I got to go  over and mess around with the thing's hair and I also got to be around some girl I liked. It was like a win win situation.

As far as the fandom goes, when I first saw the show in I think late 2010 when the hub was still new and all I was like "wow this isn't too bad" but you know, this was season 1 and if I remember correctly it was one of the lamer episodes. That being said, one year later after the whole fandom really started to kick off and my freakin' little sister became part of the insane cult I figured I'd watch the season 2 premier and my life hasn't been the same since.

That being said, I didn't join the fandom itself until april 2012

2. Who is your favorite character in the show, and why?
I want to say Fluttershy, because for some weird reason I’m just attracted to the thing. Not in some “I want to hug you” kind of way, but more along the lines of if I ever go one one of those RPG style quests, I want my damsel in distress to be Fluttershy.

However, the more I think about it the more I personally like Pinkie Pie. Why do I like Pinkie Pie? Because she’s happy and focuses on making people happy; this is something that I think is missing from most people and if we all focused on this the world itself would essentially be a utopia, which is a goal that I've been relatively obsessed with lately.

3. Has being a brony changed your life in any way?
When I was younger, I remember being extremely happy about things. To quote my dad in a letter he wrote to me about a year ago, “I remember Christian being extremely easy to love. Unlike most kids his age, negativity was never part of him.” I had many, many, many friends and I remember being very accepting of everyone around me. “Christian was never a bully, and the whole thought of it alienated him”
Fast forward a few years later and then my parents got divorced. Fine, this happens with tons of kids, yadda yadda yadda but my Mom got custody over me (which while she’s fine now I honestly believe it was a mistake for her to have custody over me at the time) I was shipped over to the east coast, at the time somewhere down in Virginia, and what happened was is that we got kicked out of my crazy Grandma’s house and essentially I spent a year of my life homeless. This in many ways, I hate to say it, just destroyed me. In school, I actually became the bully and I actually recall this one time where I humiliated this one girl to the point where I never saw her again.
Eventually after a year, we’d move in from house to house with random people and they’d usually be addicted to drugs, crazy, or just mean (there was this one special ed teacher we moved in with who I could tell had little to no respect for those who were different). As I continued to just grow worse and worse, both trying to ruin people on the internet and off the internet, eventually this one drunk person we lived with just essentially came up and told me to stop. I remember him saying “if you don’t deserve this, why do these other people deserve it?” and it still rings in my head.
Fast forward to early 2012, and as I continue to delve deeper into the brony cult the more I realized that while I wasn't being mean, I really should have actually made it an effort to not only apologize to those who I hurt, but make it up to them. It wasn't the show that inspired me, but rather the strange people that took the show so literally and made it their goal to live lives like Pinkie Pie or have hearts of gold like Fluttershy. 
Fast forward to now and I have this kind of silly goal of making the world some utopia. To quote one of my family members who only recently saw me again for the first time in years, “Christian this is going to sound dumb, but you’re back to your old self.” It might have been something else that fixed me, but I actually think it was the brony community that made most of the difference. 

How’s that for a really long answer?

4. What do you see in the fandom's future? Where do you predict it will go from here?
I know I just typed up some extremely long post there, but uh, I really don't know. I'm hoping that it doesn't go the admittedly hilarious route that the Sonic fandom does, though.

What I do predict is that it will continue, I don't think it's gonna die soon, especially when we have multiple fan episode projects going on.

5. What is your opinion on season 3 so far?
Okay, I was about to joke around and say "it's the worst thing I've ever seen. It makes me vomit through my eye sockets" but uh, I can't really say that because it has actually been great. This is by far the best season, and shut up about the whole alicorn twilight thing haven't you guys been 6 when has a character been permanently changed holy MY MAN CHILD SENSE IS GOING MAD RIGHT NOW.

6. What is your favorite part of the fandom?

You don’t know how funny it would be if I said clopping.

But uh, probably the art community. The reason I say this is because like, I dunno I just like art. What I will say though is that you forum members should offer more critiques to people in Octavia’s hall because I have really seen a lack of it, and admittedly I don’t get much but I don’t care because most of my work sucks to begin with.

I should also offer more critiques, so I'm guilty as well.

7. Do you believe in magic?
You know, I want to joke around here but there are many things that even the most intelligent scientists can't explain so sure why not.

Besides, I have magic powers, I here by cast a spell on you to copy and paste this entire chat log and toss it on the forums.

Welp, Babs said it, and I have to or otherwise I'll break the illusion, so here it is, with all it's glory, the Skype chat log, brace yourselves, explicit and mildly eye-burning :)

[18:08:43] Peleg/Brook: BABS
[18:08:49] Peleg/Brook: wanna get interviwed?
[18:08:50] Peleg/Brook: like
[18:08:51] Peleg/Brook: now
[18:08:56] Lord Bababa: why the hell not?
[18:09:00] Peleg/Brook: GOOD
[18:09:08] Peleg/Brook: alright let's get this shit going
[18:09:12] Lord Bababa: okay fffine
[18:09:15] Peleg/Brook: 5~7 questions
[18:09:21] Peleg/Brook: here we go
[18:09:23] Lord Bababa: okay
[18:09:48] Peleg/Brook: 1. When did you first become a fan of My Little Pony, and what made you decide to actually join the fandom?
[18:13:33] Lord Bababa: Actually, if you want the honest truth about me and ponies I started playing around with some of the toys when I was 7. Like, I knew it was girly and all but I didn't care, plus the girl I had a crush on at the time (I think her name was Rebecca, but I can't remember) was into them so I got to go  over and mess around with the thing's hair and I also got to be around some girl I liked. It was like a win win stuation.

As far as the fandom goes, when I first saw the show in I think late 2010 when the hub was still new and all I was like "wow this isn't too bad" but you know, this was season 1 and if I remember correctly it was one of the lamer episodes. That being said, one year later after the whole fandom really started to kick off and my freakin' little sister became part of the insane cult I figured I'd watch the season 2 premier and my life hasn't been the same since.
[18:14:26] Lord Bababa: That being said, I didn't join the fandom itself until april 2012
[18:14:27] Peleg/Brook: That's very nice Chris
[18:14:44] Lord Bababa: Thank you my good Brook thing friend thingamabobber
[18:15:05] Peleg/Brook: Okay, next question
[18:15:18] Peleg/Brook: 2. Who is your favorite character in the show, and why?
[18:19:27] Lord Bababa: hang on this one's gonna take a little bit of thought...
[18:19:29] Lord Bababa: I want to say Fluttershy, because for some weird reason I’m just attracted to the thing. Not in some “I want to hug you” kind of way, but more along the lines of if I ever go one one of those RPG style quests, I want my damsel in distress to be Fluttershy.

However, the more I think about it the more I personally like Pinkie Pie. Why do I like Pinkie Pie? Because she’s happy and focuses on making people happy; this is something that I think is missing from most people and if we all focused on this the world itself would essentially be a utopia, which is a goal that I’ve been relatively obsessed with lately.
[18:20:40] Peleg/Brook: I agree, happiness is imporant
[18:20:45] Peleg/Brook: okay next question
[18:20:48] Lord Bababa: gotcha
[18:20:53] Peleg/Brook: wha
[18:20:55] Peleg/Brook: where
[18:21:07] Lord Bababa: OH MY GOD WHAT'S GOING ON BROOK ARE YOU ALRIGHT?
[18:21:10] Peleg/Brook: yes
[18:21:21] Lord Bababa: okay then plz don't scare me like that my son ;_;
[18:21:31] Lord Bababa: or else I will murder you.
[18:21:33] Peleg/Brook: I'm your son?
[18:21:43] Lord Bababa: Are you implying that you aren't?
[18:21:47] Peleg/Brook: yes
[18:22:03] Peleg/Brook: wait, wait
[18:22:12] Peleg/Brook: you're only 4 years older than me
[18:22:16] Lord Bababa: Now then, Brook
[18:22:21] Lord Bababa: I'm gonna interview you for a second
[18:22:25] Peleg/Brook: okay
[18:22:26] Lord Bababa: who is your daddy and what does he do?
[18:22:42] Peleg/Brook: his name is nona
[18:22:48] Peleg/Brook: nonayabuissness
[18:23:05] Lord Bababa: ;_;
[18:23:15] Peleg/Brook: focus babs
[18:23:21] Peleg/Brook: I need this interview
[18:23:24] Lord Bababa: I agree, the fate of the world is in my hands!
[18:23:35] Lord Bababa: next question so I can save the president from ninjas!
[18:23:49] Peleg/Brook: 3. Has being a brony changed your life in any way?
[18:24:21] Lord Bababa: Actually, yes it has and let me explain here (this might take a few minutes, by the way, and it's actually going to be serious as opposed to my typical LOLRANDOM self)
[18:25:04] Peleg/Brook: okay
[18:25:09] Peleg/Brook: please continue
[18:25:35] Lord Bababa: man I can't find the letter I was gonna quote, I'll just go on without it
[18:26:15] Peleg/Brook: k
[18:34:31] Peleg/Brook: you still here?
[18:34:35] Lord Bababa: yeah yeah
[18:34:43] Lord Bababa: hang on I'll copy and paste in a second
[18:34:47] Peleg/Brook: oh okay
[18:38:46] Lord Bababa: When I was younger, I remember being extremely happy about things. To quote my dad in a letter he wrote to me about a year ago, “I remember Christian being extremely easy to love. Unlike most kids his age, negativity was never part of him.” I had many, many, many friends and I remember being very accepting of everyone around me. “Christian was never a bully, and the whole thought of it alienated him”
Fast forward a few years later and then my parents got divorced. Fine, this happens with tons of kids, yadda yadda yadda but my Mom got custody over me (which while she’s fine now I honestly believe it was a mistake for her to have custody over me at the time) I was shipped over to the east coast, at the time somewhere down in Virginia, and what happened was is that we got kicked out of my crazy Grandma’s house and essentially I spent a year of my life homeless. This in many ways, I hate to say it, just destroyed me. In school, I actually became the bully and I actually recall this one time where I humiliated this one girl to the point where I never saw her again.
Eventually after a year, we’d move in from house to house with random people and they’d usually be addicted to drugs, crazy, or just mean (there was this one special ed teacher we moved in with who I could tell had little to no respect for those who were different). As I continued to just grow worse and worse, both trying to ruin people on the internet and off the internet, eventually this one drunk person we lived with just essentially came up and told me to stop. I remember him saying “if you don’t deserve this, why do these other people deserve it?” and it still rings in my head.
Fast forward to early 2012, and as I continue to delve deeper into the brony cult the more I realized that while I wasn’t being mean, I really should have actually made it an effort to not only apologize to those who I hurt, but make it up to them. It wasn’t the show that inspired me, but rather the strange people that took the show so literally and made it their goal to live lives like Pinkie Pie or have hearts of gold like Fluttershy. 
Fast forward to now and I have this kind of silly goal of making the world some utopia. To quote one of my family members who only recently saw me again for the first time in years, “Christian this is going to sound dumb, but you’re back to your old self.” It might have been something else that fixed me, but I actually think it was the brony community that made most of the difference. 

How’s that for a really long answer?
[18:39:03] Peleg/Brook: wow
[18:39:28] Lord Bababa: also it was tempting to be silly and respond with "wow I used to fap to catgirls but now I fap to ponies" but uh, heh I figured I'd be honest
[18:41:34] Peleg/Brook: dude
[18:41:44] Peleg/Brook: I feel obligated to have gay sex with you now
[18:41:47] Lord Bababa: While I wait, I am going to say that latina est optima lingua et tu est magnus vir :3
[18:41:50] Lord Bababa: oh dear
[18:41:51] Peleg/Brook: I just know you so well man
[18:42:03] Lord Bababa: that statement in latin fits too well with what you just said
[18:42:06] Lord Bababa: please put this in the post.
[18:42:26] Peleg/Brook: Can't, not allowed on the forums
[18:42:29] Lord Bababa: Infact, please put that Jigglypuff is the best pokemon in the post
[18:42:34] Peleg/Brook: I will make a profile out of it though
[18:42:41] Peleg/Brook: okay that I will do
[18:42:42] Peleg/Brook: alrighty
[18:42:45] Lord Bababa: okay GOOD
[18:42:46] Peleg/Brook: next question
[18:42:51] Lord Bababa: FFF
[18:42:51] Lord Bababa: okay
[18:43:13 | Edited 18:43:18] Peleg/Brook: 4.What do you see in the fandom's future? Where do you predict it will go from here?
[18:44:41] Lord Bababa: I know I just typed up some extremely long post there, but uh, I really don't know. I'm hoping that it doesn't go the admittedly hilarious route that the Sonic fandom does, though.
[18:44:50] Lord Bababa: What I do predict is that it will continue
[18:45:04] Lord Bababa: I don't think it's gonna die soon, especially when we have multiple fan episode projects going on
[18:45:09] Peleg/Brook: it's okay, not every answer has to be long
[18:45:15] Lord Bababa: are you kidding me?
[18:45:18] Lord Bababa: EVERY ANSWER NEEDS TO BE LONG
[18:45:19] Peleg/Brook: what
[18:45:23] Peleg/Brook: NO IT DOESN'T
[18:45:26] Peleg/Brook: I MAKE THE RULES
[18:45:27] Lord Bababa: yes it DOES
[18:45:28] Peleg/Brook: NOW SIT LADY
[18:45:30] Lord Bababa: NO, I AM LORDB
[18:45:32] Lord Bababa: okay
[18:45:37] Peleg/Brook: good
[18:45:46 | Edited 18:45:49] Peleg/Brook: don't make me go pulp fiction on yo' ass
[18:45:55] Peleg/Brook: I will
[18:45:57] Lord Bababa: (angry)
[18:46:04] Peleg/Brook: lol okay next question
[18:46:17] Peleg/Brook: 5. What is your opinion on season 3 so far?
[18:47:57] Lord Bababa: Okay, I was about to joke around and say "it's the worst thing I've ever seen. It makes me vomit through my eye sockets" but uh, I can't really say that because it has actually been great. This is by far the best season, and shut up about the whole alicorn twilight thing haven't you guys been 6 when has a character been permanently changed holy MY MAN CHILD SENSE IS GOING MAD RIGHT NOW
[18:48:18] Peleg/Brook: relax
[18:48:19] Peleg/Brook: relax
[18:48:20] Lord Bababa: no
[18:48:21] Lord Bababa: NO
[18:48:21] Peleg/Brook: calm down
[18:48:24] Peleg/Brook: put down
[18:48:29] Peleg/Brook: the bagpipe
[18:48:37] Lord Bababa: But I call him Mr. Snuggles :c
[18:48:44] Peleg/Brook: nobody's getting their ears violated today okay
[18:48:52] Peleg/Brook: let's just all make it out of this
[18:48:56] Peleg/Brook: okay
[18:49:08] Peleg/Brook: lol
[18:49:12] Peleg/Brook: anway NEXT
[18:49:35] Peleg/Brook: 6. What is your favorite part of the fandom?
[18:51:01] Peleg/Brook: dude?
[18:51:05] Lord Bababa: hang on
[18:51:11] Peleg/Brook: okay
[18:51:52] Lord Bababa: You don’t know how funny it would be if I said clopping.

But uh, probably the art community. The reason I say this is because like, I dunno I just like art. What I will say though is that you forum members should offer more critiques to people in Octavia’s hall because I have really seen a lack of it, and admittedly I don’t get much but I don’t care because most of my work sucks to begin with.
[18:52:17] Lord Bababa: I should also offer more critiques
[18:52:24] Lord Bababa: so I'm guilty as well.
[18:52:31] Peleg/Brook: You bastard
[18:52:36] Peleg/Brook: you should be ashamed
[18:52:44] Peleg/Brook: *storms out like a classy woman*
[18:52:50] Lord Bababa: don't do this to me
[18:52:52] Lord Bababa: DON'T DO THIS TO MEEE
[18:52:59] Lord Bababa: wow is there more?
[18:52:59] Peleg/Brook: *turns head*I JUST DID
[18:53:14] Peleg/Brook: goodbye fro ever Christian
[18:53:18] Lord Bababa: wow
[18:53:19] Lord Bababa: WOW
[18:53:24 | Edited 18:53:26] Peleg/Brook: *leaves*
[18:53:25] Lord Bababa: I watch you while you sleep.
[18:53:32] Peleg/Brook: you did what now?
[18:53:44] Peleg/Brook: and scene
[18:53:47] Peleg/Brook: stahp it
[18:53:47] Lord Bababa: I provided you with a whole bunch of interview material that
[18:53:49] Peleg/Brook: right there
[18:53:51] Peleg/Brook: comedy gold
[18:53:57] Lord Bababa: that's what you should use in your interview
[18:54:01] Peleg/Brook: WAIT ANSWER ME ONE LAST QUESTION
[18:54:06] Lord Bababa: WHAT
[18:54:08] Lord Bababa: WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH ME
[18:54:11] Peleg/Brook: Do you believe in magic?
[18:54:49] Lord Bababa: You know, I want to joke around here but there are many things that even the most intelligent scientists can't explain so sure why not
[18:55:06] Lord Bababa: besides, I have magic powers
[18:55:28] Lord Bababa: I here by cast a spell on you to copy and paste this entire chat log and toss it on the forums
[18:55:44] Peleg/Brook: sure
[18:55:48] Peleg/Brook: only
[18:55:51] Peleg/Brook: I can't
[18:55:54] Lord Bababa: !
[18:55:54] Peleg/Brook: I want to
[18:55:57 | Edited 18:56:00] Peleg/Brook: but I can't
[18:56:04] Peleg/Brook: you know why?
[18:56:05] Lord Bababa: Well then take out the orgy part
[18:56:09] Peleg/Brook: BECAUSE I'M SANE
[18:56:13] Peleg/Brook: CHANG OUT BITCHES
[18:56:28] Lord Bababa: G
[18:56:30] Lord Bababa: WTF
[18:56:32] Lord Bababa: OMG
[18:56:36] Lord Bababa: purple paint
[18:56:39] Peleg/Brook: FUCK YEAH
[18:56:49] Peleg/Brook: I watched the first 2 season of Community
[18:56:52] Peleg/Brook: HWAT UP
[18:56:59] Lord Bababa: Good show
[18:57:03] Lord Bababa: now post this on the forums
[18:57:10] Lord Bababa: before I beat the living crap out of you
[18:57:10] Lord Bababa: and you will die.
[18:57:44] Peleg/Brook: I will
[18:57:48] Peleg/Brook: give me 5 minutes

Edited by Brook
  • Brohoof 4

Wait, before you read the skype chat please put on some music that will fit!

Damn it this will make it better I haven't even tried it yet but I know it will!

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

I have to confess. The Skype chat was much more interesting to read then the General questions and awnsers :P That was by far, the best magic spell, ever.

Tell me about it, I'm just lucky it was a slow day for us, usually it doesn't end until a Santa plushie catches fire or my fish tank suddenly becomes the new deli llama.

I don't even.

(edited)

An interview I had with the very delightful, Batbrony.

1. When did you first become a fan of My Little Pony, and what made you join the fandom?

I first stumbled upon fanmade pony vids on YouTube in early February, 2012.  I'd seen clips previously of the show on On Demand, and even had a couple of brony friends at college, although for the life of me I couldn't possibly imagine why they were fans of the show!  However, seeing as I was interning in Washington, D.C., at the time, and there were only two other people from my college out there with me, I had a lot of time on my hands, and so was both a bit bored and lonely, and looking for new ways to entertain myself.  So, I started watching these YouTube vids; most were dubs from other shows, but one series of vids in particular caught my attention, that being Solrac's screamed-over dubs of MLP songs.  I quickly realized that he was just screaming to actual music from the show, and being a choral singer myself, I was actually impressed by the quality of these songs he was parodying, and even looked a couple up.  Before long, I learned more and more about the show and bronies, and so finally at the end of February decided to check out the first episode.  And then the second.  Then the third, and the fourth, and the fifth.  Before I knew it, I'd made my way halfway through the first season and was absolutely in love with the show!

2. Has being a brony changed you in any way?

I'd say it has in at least one significant way; I definitely have a lot more optimism now than I used to.  I wouldn't say I was a less happy person before I started watching MLP, nor a less kind person, but MLP has been something for me that I haven't had or seen in a long time: a high quality children's program reminiscent of, and in some ways superior to, those of my childhood.  I take entertainment very seriously, so to find a gem such as MLP in this day and age, when both television and film studios more often than not just throw money at any project just to make a fast buck without worrying about the quality of the product itself, has been a joy for me to say the least!  Aside from its quality, MLP's atmosphere itself makes it stand out from most high quality children's programs today; while most of the latter generally have dark atmospheres, story lines, and characters, MLP is the exact opposite in every way.  Don't get me wrong, I love the former if it's pulled off correctly, but it's been a treat to see that some studio can produce a high quality show as happy, joyful, kind, humorous, and sincere as MLP in this day and age.

Aside from the show itself, within the brony community I've become friends with people who hold a wide array of worldviews and beliefs.  Heck, one of my best friends on the site is a communist who lives in Alaska of all things (what up Dmitri!!! =D).  Being a conservative Christian, I knew coming into the fandom that I'd be in the minority, and was somewhat skeptical as to just how sincere the community was about "love and tolerate," since I figured it could very well just mean "love and tolerate" some, but not others.  However, much to my shock and pleasant surprise, I've always been able to engage in friendly, civil debate, even in the midst of election season of all things, with pretty much every brony I've come across on the forums, and respectfully share my beliefs with them without getting condemned!  Considering this is the Internet after all, that is no small feat, and stands as testament to just how legitimate and sincere the community is in its acceptance of any and all fans, and is something that I've always treasured since joining the community.

So, to reiterate what I said before, I am now far more optimistic since becoming the brony for two reasons: (1) I'm more optimistic about the quality of television programs in this day and age, since seeing something produced such as MLP is always heartening for a film and television enthusiast such as myself, and (2) I'm a lot more optimistic about people in general and the capacity we have for treating one another with respect, since it has been simply a joy and heartening experience getting to join a fandom and Internet community in which everypony sincerely treats everypony else, no matter what your beliefs may be, with respect and kindness. =)

3. What is your favorite thing about our fandom?

Probably the sheer passion of the fandom, more than anything.  When you get down to it, the true source of all the great things about our fandom stems first and foremost from each and every bronies love for MLP.  The amazing amount and quality of fan made content, the immense kindness and respect that bronies give to one another no matter what our beliefs may be, it all can be traced back to our common passion and love for MLP, which binds us all together.  Passion for something is one thing; but passion with great and very apparent fruits as a result is another thing entirely, and it distinguishes the brony fandom from so many others as something truly special and unique.

4. Who is your favorite character from the show, and why?

Oh wow, this is a toughie for me!  I really honestly cannot pick one of the Mane 6; don't get me wrong, I love all of them more than any of the other ponies, but I've never felt comfortable singling one of them out.  They all just have their own special qualities that make them unique and wonderful in their own special way, so I've never personally felt capable of selecting a favorite out of the Mane 6.  However, I suppose I can single out a single pony who I have always held in higher regard than most, save for the Mane 6, and probably talk about more than anypony else, and that is the lovable Derpy Hooves!  "The Last Roundup" controversy was just dying down when I joined, so I quickly learned a lot about Derpy when I became a brony, and for whatever reason just fell in love with her!  Now that I've been in the fandom for almost a year, I think I can finally get down to and explain why I love her so much.

Despite the fact that she's only spoken once and never appeared in anything other than cameos, Derpy has become something much bigger outside of her canon character.  For me, she stands for everything that is wonderful and good about both our fandom and its relationship with Studio B.  When dozens, if not hundreds, of adults started mentioning online that there was a cute little derpy-eyed pegasus in the first episode, Studio B was caught completely off guard and suddenly realized that people whom they never expected were watching the show.  So what did they do?  They responded, retaining the derpy eyes and bringing back this grey pegasus in funny little cameos.  This marks one of the first instances of communication between Studio B and bronies, actual recognition from the makers of MLP that we were out there and they loved it, and she's remained central in our relationship with Studio B ever since!

Ever since then, she's taken off, and in my opinion, although she may not be the mascot of the show, Derpy may very well be the first mascot of the brony community (and definitely the #1 mascot of the background ponies).  Throughout the show's run, the community has largely taken over creating a character for Derpy, as it has for most other background ponies, and what has emerged is a character very similar to bronies themselves; she's a goofy little oddball who may very well be a bit air-headed, but deep down she's lovable, kind, and innocent.  That's kinda bronies to a T; we're the odd ones out, something that logically just shouldn't be, but, for whatever reason, simply is, and if you just take time to get to know us, you'll find that we really aren't so strange after all, and actually are very lovable, kind, and innocent (well, for the most part... I'm looking at you cloppers =\ ) ourselves!  So, if there's a pony that I can single out and declare to be my favorite, aside from the Mane 6, it most definitely would be Derpy!

5. Where do you think our fandom will go from here, what do you predict our fandom's future will be?

Honestly, I just think we'll keep getting bigger and better from here.  We're so big as it is that, at this point, the fandom is pretty much self-sustaining; case in point, we had a very, very long off season last year between Season's 2 and 3, but did the brony fandom die out?  Heck no, came back stronger than ever once Season 3 began, and in between both seasons our community just kept growing stronger and producing more and more content.  So even if the show took a bit of a nose dive in quality (which I myself don't think it will, at least not any time soon), the fandom itself will remain.  Even if, hypothetically, the next 3 seasons were utter crap, we'd still be here talking about how great the first 3 seasons were, no different than how Star Wars fans today, no matter how much they may bemoan, rant, and rave about the prequel trilogy, remain passionate about Star Wars because of their common love for the original trilogy.  As for when the show finally ends, that doesn't mean bronydom will end, not in the slightest.  Sure it may not continue growing or producing fan content quite as quickly after that, but I imagine that ten or twenty years down the road, most of us will still love the show, and will still be welcoming fairly regularly new lovers of the show to our ranks with as much zeal as ever!

And because he's batma(aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)n, I just had to give him a riddle.

6. Now, riddle me this Batman, how many sides does a circle have?

<=\ Hmmm...

post-6532-0-95583100-1359834165_thumb.jpg

Curse you Batman! You have beaten me once more, but I'll be back! Next time I'll even ask you riddles! In all seriousness though, Batbrony is a wonderful guy, I enjoyed that interview very much, and I hope he did as well =)

Edited by Brook
  • Brohoof 6

Thanks again for the interview Brook; it was a pleasure and a lot of fun!  If any ya'll haven't yet, you should totally put your names on either Brook or Harmonic Revelations interview lists.  They're actually a lot of fun, and a nice way for the community and your friends to learn some more about you that they might not have known before!  :)

• Brohoof 1