Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

entertainment weekly had a page about Twilight being an alicorn.

*derpy*

I saw the episode description and it sounds like shes just using a spell that swaps everyones cutie marks and she becomes an alicorn as a result.  Its obviously not gonna be a permanent thing

Finally, someone agrees with me! Though I have to wonder, what makes you think this will not be permanent, and why?

For me, I think it's only going to be temporary, as well. According to the Hub channel promos of this, I saw the girls use the Elements of Harmony to turn Twilight into an alicorn. If I were to guess, they probably transferred them into Twilight, so that she could create the spell needed to reverse them back to their original ponies. Then, she gets whisked away by Princess Celestia for her coronation, and by the time she returns home to celebrate with her friends, she finds her friends' cutie-marks all of a sudden switching on their own, out of control.

Twilight does everything she could to reverse the spell, but then realizes as to why they kept switching. It's probably a convoluted reason, but if I were to guess, it's probably a result of the girls' transferring of the Elements into Twilight. The girls' cutie-marks not only represented their destinies, but also their Elements, as implied by the way their respective center-gems resembled their cutie-marks. Without the Elements, the girls' cutie-marks would switch between them frequently and randomly. So, Twilight chooses to return the girls' Elements to restore their cutie-marks, but at the expense of her wings and princesshood.

Then, Celestia appears to find out from Twilight as to why her student did what she did. Twilight explains, then tells Celestia that she learned that she was so caught up by all the fame and power she developed as a princess, that she never considered her friends like last time. Thus, everything returns to the status-quo!

• Brohoof 1

With Meghan McCarthy's twitter feed, saying they want to "explore Princessdom," not to mention the leaked image on derpibooru, i'm doubtful this is temporary, though it is still wishful thinking.

As for the alicorn/princess think, there's a teaser video that followed after Games Pony's Play, showing some snippets of the final episode.

Essentially, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash turn their elements on Twilight who is envolped by their power.  After which, Fluttershy comments, "You look just like a Princess." 

To further problems, we see the scene with the magical energy dissipating around Twilight and the elements of Harmony are no longer around the other 5 pony's necks.  It can be quickly assumed, though possibly wrong since it could be an animation error, that Twilight will embody the Elements of Harmony within her, with the whole reason Princess Celestia sending Twilight to Ponyville was not just to make friends, but learn about Honesty, Laughter, Loyalty, Generosity, and Kindness.

Twilight does everything she could to reverse the spell, but then realizes as to why they kept switching. It's probably a convoluted reason, but if I were to guess, it's probably a result of the girls' transferring of the Elements into Twilight. The girls' cutie-marks not only represented their destinies, but also their Elements, as implied by the way their respective center-gems resembled their cutie-marks. Without the Elements, the girls' cutie-marks would switch between them frequently and randomly. So, Twilight chooses to return the girls' Elements to restore their cutie-marks, but at the expense of her wings and princesshood.

Then, Celestia appears to find out from Twilight as to why her student did what she did. Twilight explains, then tells Celestia that she learned that she was so caught up by all the fame and power she developed as a princess, that she never considered her friends like last time. Thus, everything returns to the status-quo!

I would personally welcome the idea of Twilight's ascension being the cause of the problem and in the end, gives it up to save her friends.  Another thing I would do is be apologetic for spouting so much crap.  However, I think it will be the opposite, where, to save her friends, Twilight has to absorb the elements of harmony with it being her "final spell" and ascending to Princessdom, acting as a reset button.  The "Princess Coronation" would be the final scene where Twilight stands on a balcony as Equestria welcomes a new pony as Princess.

Finally, someone agrees with me! Though I have to wonder, what makes you think this will not be permanent, and why?

Well first of all I really doubt they will want to make her seem like the main character of the show anymore than they already have, and secondly I don't think they want to distance her from her friends by giving her more power and prestige.

But my understanding of the episode was that she uses a spell to switch everyones cutie marks including princess celestia, and even celestia gets turned into like just a regular pegasus or unicorn or something.  So I figured theres no way they're going to just leave the show like that.  Maybe I'm wrong though, but either way I'm sure they're not going to make it permanent.  Unless they're getting ready to end the show

Edited by Hollowshield

I'm pretty sure she's becoming an Alicorn, but we'll find out this Saturday, won't we. Just because she becomes an Alicorn doesn't necessarily mean she'll be a princess. Anyway, IT'LL ALL WORK OUT!!!

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Edited by SignorStable

This is old news. But personally, I don't see why everyone is making such a big deal about it. Watch the episode first, I'm certain it will be good. Twilight was my favorite pony before this, and she still is now. (Fluttershy is close though.)

WTF the page is scanned upside down! Next time you scan a page make sure you do it right! -__-

Anyway, time to to tilt the screen...

Remember it's a show without a constant plot, they are mostly very reluctant about permanent changes to the main characters.

WTF the page is scanned upside down! Next time you scan a page make sure you do it right! -__-

go to view, rotate view counterclock wise two times. problem solved.

Whenever this whole Twilight the Alicorn business comes up i always say the same thing. It was an inevitability. Ever since the CMC chronicles episode i knew she was destined to become one. although it took me some time to realize it. The clue i went on was her crazy eyes when she overflowed with magic and Celestia taking her on as a protege. I think the whole season 4 she will be an alicorn but lose her it at the end. They even say she was set up for it in the very beginning when i look over the article.

Well, I downloaded the PDF. And opened it. And then I looked at it. And it happened to be upside down.   Discord is trying to hide something from us.

Yes I know the page was upside down. But Derpy has go to Derp. And I did not want to rescan it. And it was a PDF so I could not flip it like you could if it where on a different program.

• Brohoof 1