Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Nostalgia Thread

Zero000

The old pokemon theme, Ocarina of time, Portal 1, pokemon red, tetris, old animes I used to love. These all give me that happy feeling ^-^

reload your first ever Minecraft world.

That, my friend, is one of the biggest waves of Nostalgia you'll ever have :(

(edited)

I guess this a good place to go through my gaming history. I started gaming at a very young age. My parents were gamers back then and I was captivated by the good ol' SNES. I always used to play Super Mario All-Stars and the like, and eventually I became a legitimate gamer. My official first console I ever got was the Jungle Green N64 with Donkey Kong 64. I played that game... a lot, for lack of a better word. Then one rainy day my dad came home with a Playstation 2 and a couple of games, which I think were Jak & Daxter and... I think Lego Drome Racers. So that was my first Sony console. Then, at some point, I got a Gamecube with Super Mario Sunshine for my birthday. BEST. BIRHTDAY EVER. That is, until a few years back when I partially saved up for a Wii, then simply got it for my birthday. Money well spent if I do say so myself. Now rewinding back to like 2003 I believe... I went to my friend's house to play. He had a Gamecube before I did so I always went over to play it. He had my very favorite game, Sonic Adventure 2, and I remember when I got that. I played it NONSTOP. And man did I love raising Chao. Ever since then I've been a HUGE Sonic fan. I have practically all of the games (except the bad ones. Sonic '06, I'm looking at you) and honestly I'm satisfied with the series. So... um... I guess that's about it. Glad I got that out. :P

Edited by letterONE

If I were to go through all the things I am nostalgic about in gaming alone this page would be 90% Nico's post and 10% everypony else. So instead I'm going to slap down the game I'm currently most nostalgically enthusing about, especially given that I might be playing it again soon: Legend of Legaia for the original Playstation.

Posted Image

This game has eluded me beating it for more than a decade at this point, with various reasons cropping up that I lose my data, the game itself or even the console I was playing it with every time I got near beating it. This game is one of the most innovative RPG's that I have ever played and, to me, is one of the most enthralling experiences that the PSX era of gaming had to offer. I was very disappointed when I picked up the sequel to it around 2003 only to find out that it was a mediocre hashed-together piece of crap. Given that I beat that terrible sequel, though, I could never let myself go through life without actually beating the fantastic first game (and the secret boss that I accidentally stumbled upon once during a playthrough, too).

• 2 months later...