Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid crap that people say when you tell them what a Brony is.

FIMChangedmylife72

Most common reaction when i bring up ponies:

"Dude what the heck?"

Most common reaction when i mention bronies or ask some one if they are one:

"A what?"

Most common reaction when i randomly yell PONIES (I seriously do that sometimes in the hallways at school.):

"WTF??? *awkward stares*" Then i say "Carry on." (THANK YOU A+'s in drama. *not afraid*)

Ok so, my best friend and I will sometimes have these kind of conversations where we can really talk about anything without fear of judgment. So we asked the basic questions about what's going on in our lives, and he asks me to name one thing about myself that nobody knows. Automaticly I think of mlp, but I didn't want to say it at first. After 30 seconds of "thinking", I simply blurted out "I'm a Brony", and basically explained it's a teen that watches my little pony. Rightfully so, he gives the most outrageous facial expression and inebidaly asks me "so your gay?" which I replied to as "just because I watch a show, doesnt make me gay". After a little while of explaining to him what it was all about and the fantastic character development, he was skeptical, however accepted it. I sent him a pm on facebook and sent him the infamous "forget what you knew about mlp" article, and told him to watch the first 4 episodes. Unfortunately he said he looked it all up and said he was not interested, but can understand why it's good. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve to convert him however. xP

My only story with this happened with a good friend of mine. This, I actually found interesting. I've had to explain to both my parents and people who are relatively strangers what a brony is, and they were fine with it. They thought it was cool that guy could like My Little Pony. But I've known this girl since my sophomore year in high school and she was the only person to say a negative thing about it. But, to preface this, I'm not that made about it and (in her defense) she has dealt with...some pretty creepy guys, so I suppose I am not surprised. My plan is just to try hard to prove that bronies aren't like this. Anyway.

I told her the next time I would be in town would be for the brony meet up in the Twin Cities, and if she wanted to hang out then, she could come with me and our mutual friend to the meetup. I said this mostly as a joke, but also as a serious invitation to hang out with the two of us at the brony meetup. She had no idea what a brony is. So, I carefully explained it to her.

The first message I got as a reply was "...." (Which is rarely ever a good sign in my experiences).

Then she typed, "No offense, but the first thing I thought was 'pedophile.'"

...Wow. Thanks. This did cause me to go off on a tangent explain how ridiculous that is. But I tried my best not to be mean about it. I am not entirely sure if I convinced her otherwise or not. But I'm hoping she will actually go with me and our friend to the meetup and we can convince her that bronies are decent folk.

• Brohoof 1

When I told it to a friend of mine he admitted he still watches spongebob and that PONIES is stupid even though I've explained the usual about MLP: FIM

He can't really say much if he is watching the new episodes.....but if he's wathcing the classics he may have a vaild poi- what am I saying? He just called ponies stupid even though he hasn't even seen the damn show http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png
  • Brohoof 1

Me again. I'm noticing an interesting trend. Recently I've been in moments where the fact that I am a brony comes up with new friends I've made in college. None of them care. In fact, they think it's cool. But older friends of mine from high school find out and I get judged. Maybe not directly, but it was things I am obviously going to take personally. One saying the first thing they thought was 'pedophile.' Or how one said she is "disgusted" by how much of the show she sees and how emotionally invested people get in the show. I get emotionally invested in the show, so I guess I disgust her, by that logic.

I am not as upset now, because they did apologize. But, really, these friends I have had since my freshman and sophomore years of high school. Those are not the things I expected to have said to me my near and dear friends. I do have one friend who taunts me about being a brony, but he really doesn't care because he likes kids cartoons as well. He isn't serious when he says it. But I truly doubt the other two friends of mine were. And what they said made me really sad, honestly. It's one thing to be called gay for it. Heck, it's one thing to be thought of as a pedophile for it. But the implication that you, as someone who cares about the show and the nature of existence, disgusts a close friend of yours and causes hatred and revulsion. That honestly hurts. Humph.

• Brohoof 1

I told my day that I watch this show and he makes fun of me for it but he doesn't care at all. He also calls all people that like this show pedophile's and any brony adult meet up group members pedophiles.

I hate how "brony" associates with pedo, freak, single adult man, blah blah blah.

I just like me some ponies, gosh darn it!

But yeah I just get a the usual "isn't that show for little girls?" but sometimes I'll get "hey I've heard of that show, blah blah"

People always ask me when they see me wearing my Brony shirt

Person: Whats a Brony?

Me: A fan of My little pony, you wont get it

Person: MY LITTLE PONY?!?!?! HAHAHA

Me: you do realize, there is some humor in it that only adults would understand right?

Person: But why is it on Hub? Where all the baby shows are on?

Me: Cause Ponies are cool like that my friend

I also hear people say its gay, stupid, kiddish, and ridiculous

Well,i'm a closet brony.nobody knows that i like this show and will never know because i'm planning to take that with me to my funeral.It's Official.However,i think that some of the girls on my school are pegasisters.It's just a suposition.Nothing serious