Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid crap that people say when you tell them what a Brony is.

FIMChangedmylife72

(edited)

Most the people i meet on the internet are either really into it or totally against it, but when i tell people in real life they barely react, they're just like "oh, okay thats cool whatever" and then go on with there lives :/

Edited by thesteampunkninja
  • Brohoof 1

The few people I've discussed it with have been very understanding and open minded about it. So far that's only been my parents and two guys I've known for years. One of those guys has a sister who thought it was just weird when her brother brought it up. She refuses to hear any sort of explanation. She's one of those people who don't mind forming unqualified opinions and simply insulting those who disagree.

My friend, who is 20 and black, was all "What the fuck? My little pony?"

And I was all "Yes. My Little Pony."

2 weeks later, out of the blue, he messages me on facebook saying "

dude, i just watched three episodes of MLP and i think ive turned into....a...a brony!"

• Brohoof 2

My friend, who is 20 and black, was all "What the fuck? My little pony?"

And I was all "Yes. My Little Pony."

2 weeks later, out of the blue, he messages me on facebook saying "

dude, i just watched three episodes of MLP and i think ive turned into....a...a brony!"

I'm shining my knee with water in excitement for you.

The name "My little pony" makes people think your insane, maybe they should change the name to "Epic manly show of manliness" then people wont think im weird.

• Brohoof 2

Let's see the ever popular accusation of being "Gay". Mostly come from my father when I told him. Hahaha...parenting. He acted like he was casting a #$@%ing spell! Like he was saying: "You like ponies, I must now complete the package and make you homosexual by repeating the word gay while pointing at you."

Ironically I watched it with my sister and he watched it with us and liked it. He still insists I must be gay, despite having had a girlfriend for almost two years now.

-FF

• Brohoof 1

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

C.S. Lewis

I'll just leave this here. A rather common quote in used in our defense. Most people say when I tell them if they haven't watched the show then they can't judge, that they don't need to watch it to know it's gay. So I just say, "you know what? Screw it. You're a close-minded prick. You're not a critic if you passed uneducated and biased judgement." IS WHAT I LIKE TO SAY.

It usually comes out, "ugh, fuck off prick." I usually fail my charisma rolls. +FOR DND REFERENCE!

• Brohoof 3

People will think that My Little Pony was a show intended for little children and young girls. When people find that young men actually like the show, they'll start to judge the person as someone who's not 'right in the head' or possibly 'gay' (which there's nothing wrong with that anyways).

Not to mention that nowadays, people think that 'Brony' is a fad term (which technically is) and they don't really take the show as seriously as one would think.

People will always judge people and we shouldn't be ashamed to tell anyone that we love Ponies. If you have doubt in My Little Pony, then My Little Pony fans will have doubt in you. Stay strong; have nothing but love and tolerance for those who hate you or what you love. Someday, they'll learn about the Elements of Harmony and have friendship that's as cool as magic.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I said that a brony was a male fan of my little pony friend ship is magic and as i expected. YOUR A FAGGOT! Is what they said. However I hear this so much my give a fuckness is at level zero.

Edited by Dasher
  • Brohoof 1

I say "I like My Little Pony."

They ask, "Oh, are you a brony?"

I say, "No."

That's the stupidest question I recieve. I refuse to be labled with all the hateful,ridiculous, creepy, rude and immature actions the brony community is capable of that I've yet to encounter in the fandom as a whole from the older generations.

(edited)

Well I went to a camp about two weeks ago and right away they were like "YOU'RE A BRONY HOLY SHIT THAT'S SO FUCKIN GAY" and I said "have you even tried it? At least try it and then you can hate as much as you want." and they actually said "my little pony is like crack. You don't need to try it before knowing its bad." they ACTUALLY said that. This was in boy scouts so now every week I'm hated and discriminated because I think the show is good. If anyone has advice I could use it. And one of the worst parts is that one of our leaders who is somewhat an idol to me was the most hating. :( the fandom is the best I've ever see and I wish people would try it before judging. They've even said "I won't try it because it'll ruin my rep" well your rep from me was "a cool friend" to "selfish jerk" where I'm located there aren't many bronies and most people are haters. So it kinda sucks. :(

Edited by TherealPinkiepie

You are so fucking gay. As said by a girl at school.

Average reaction: WTF, you're retarded.

Eeyup that is it.

Dude, it pisses me off so much when people call Rainbow Dash gay

Dude, it pisses me off so much when people call Rainbow Dash %100 hetero.

just my opinion.

(edited)

I haven't told my friend yet, but I already know what he'd think pretty much. He thinks I like the show since I've been mentioning it frequently the last 2 times I hung out with him ( one example being last time he asked me what he should name his new red car, I said "Rainbow Dash"), he said something along the lines "you must like watching that gay pony show, and jerk off to ponies" after I tried telling him about shed.mov, he wouldn't believe that it was mocking the show, I don't know what he thought it was. So....ya

Edited by Pegasus25

I went to have my new awsum pony t-shirts (tshirt-printing) made and there was this guy in charge of making sure everything is OK. For the whole time (while I was searching on google for a reasonable sized pony, because the one I originally wanted was too low-res) he somewhat managed to keep pokerface. Then he even told me that there is this special offer 2+1 free, but that it only applies if you choose to have 3 tshirts with the same picture of them. So I replied that I'm sorry, but that it would make pinkie pie sad. :( (Because I had 2 pony pictures, one with pinkie and one with Deus ex style pony and this way I would have to choose between them) He gave me a horrified look, and his expression was so funny that I couldn't resist to say: You don't want to make pinkie sad, do you? He replied: Well, Uhm, I guess we could print this one twice and the other one once... WIN! (But I bet he is still in shock, at least he looked that way :D)

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna tell my parents (who only know G3 ponies and HATE them) that I'm a brony soon. Most likely lots of "what?" and "Are you kidding me?" coming my way. Still gonna lock them in the living room and stream MLP on the TV

My friend was like "YOU WATCH MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC?!?!?", in a bad way.

He obviously heard of the show and the fandom, and he wasn't a hater, but he just kind-of rejected the idea of one of his best friends being a brony. As time went on, he just stopped caring, time and time agian I asked him to watch it with me, (not to the point of being annoying though) untill he finally agreed. I'm not completely sure if he liked it, or if he's a brony now, but I know that he doesn't think anymore or any less of me because of it.

In the end, it really doesn't matter if you tell people you're a brony, so you might as well just don't.

Edited by RiverBankNut

• 1 year later...

My little pony is not just a show. Not just an obsession. But a way of life.

Umm, really..? I mean, yeah it's an amazing show. But taking it to the point where you think of it as a way of life... Are you joking? There's a fine line between liking something, having a few shirts and screen names and downright obsession. I don't mean to offend you (which I probably have D:) but you've crossed that line...

Dude, it pisses me off so much when people call Rainbow Dash %100 hetero.

just my opinion.

Dude, it p*s*es me off when people care about the sexual preference of characters.

• Brohoof 2

when i first admited to my friend skyler he said DUDE you are gay than i said o well lets see if im gay. then we did i strength test and i won. than a quick wit test to see who is more smart i won so than my friend said ok i give up you are not GAY at least i explained it in detail of what hey said and what i did to prove im not gay :l

Wait, being gay depends on how strong you are?

Sh*t, I must be gay - I'm really weak...

oh the usual

"you need to grow up kid"

"wow srsly?"

"your a pony fag"

hehe but I don't mind A.B.B because I mastered Love and Tolerate its funny how mad you can makes somepony a Anti-Brony was in a lp with me and my friends we had no idea he hated Bronies so all the sudden he was trying to insult us and I was burning him very badly pissed him off so much he left the LP and the best part we were recording this but I think my friend deleted it since his channel is a no swearing channel but it was funny

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"that show is for gay people who are fat and jerk of to ponies!" my reaction for people like that:  (skip to 1:20 to know what i mean) 

Edited by Desert guardian
  • Brohoof 1

Umm, really..? I mean, yeah it's an amazing show. But taking it to the point where you think of it as a way of life... Are you joking? There's a fine line between liking something, having a few shirts and screen names and downright obsession. I don't mean to offend you (which I probably have D:) but you've crossed that line...

No worries, it was just a joke