Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid crap that people say when you tell them what a Brony is.

FIMChangedmylife72

Have you ever admit that you are a Brony to someone and they ask what is a Brony? What did they say when you told the definition? Well they say dumb stuff to me. I even told my sisters and I don't think they believe that Bronies are real. Have they even recommended girl shows that nobody likes to you? Well that happened to me. I only like FIM because it is like a real cartoon with its humor and pony cuteness that is similar to anime. Not Strawberry Shortcake. It is not really like a little girls show (even though it is). They might of giggled also when you told the definition. I can't even really find a Brony in my school. I even told them the populousness of them on the internet and I don't think they believe me.

• Brohoof 10

That is why I don't tell everyone that I'm a brony, because I know that they will likely react to it in a negative way. I think one should tell only the most trustworthy people or at least should know what will the reaction be when he/she tells things like that. The only advice I can think of is to ignore both them and what they say about bronies.

• Brohoof 1

The opening conversation between me and my brother after i explained MLP FiM to him -

Brother: "But..."

Me: "But what?"

Brother: "But... Their all... Pink."

Me: " *SIGH* Never mind..."

Some people still have the image of pink ponies from the 80's braiding each others hair and having slumber parties, even though that never really happened in the old show. Its no suprise that people say stupid things about it before they fully understand. Its a show for little girls afterall.

• Brohoof 1

That is why I don't tell everyone that I'm a brony, because I know that they will likely react to it in a negative way. I think one should tell only the most trustworthy people or at least should know what will the reaction be when he/she tells things like that. The only advice I can think of is to ignore both them and what they say about bronies.

I like to tell them because I love MLP FIM. I want to try to get people watching the show.
  • Brohoof 1

Wheny my mother found out I was a brony and what a brony was, she just gave a bunch of questions that anyone else would, such as "you watch a show for little girls," and other common statements. Ironically, she said that she would check the show out for herself. That was more of me being lucky, if anything. Just be careful of who you share you're bronyness to, and if you're that paranoid, don't discuss it at all with anyone in real life.

• Brohoof 1

my brother actually started questioning my sexuality once I told him I enjoyed My little pony, odd thing is that he might actually enjoy the show more than he would like to admit.

Edited by SrFrog
  • Brohoof 3

I have told a lot of people that I am a Borny and a lot of them are fine with it. Some people I have told start to make fun of me and think that I should grow up. I tell them "at least I'm not afraid to say that I am one. You guys on the other hand are afraid to even tell me your dark secrets. Which is pertty sad. As me at least to can tell you that I am a brony and I'm proud of it. So Tell me to grow up is the best you can come up with. I think you are the people who need to grow up and not be afraid to tell your secrets". Yeah thats mostly what I tell to the people who make fun of me.

The show isn't as bad as most people think it is, mainly because there is conflict, when most people will think its all rainbows and tea parties, this is not the case. The show has a lot great humor and storyline. Even the characters in the show are awesome and I can relate to a lot of them. I would have to say it is one of the best cartoons I have seen in a long time.

I am a Brony and I am not afraid to admit it.

Edited by Spikefan
  • Brohoof 2

I troll people on Black Ops by hooking up some cords from iPod-Controller to play the MLP theme song over the microphone.

Here's the reaction I get the most:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 11

"I don't know you anymore." was the response I got when I said "dude you really F***ing need to watch the first episodes of season 2, theyre amazing" then I said "I'm just kidding man, I had to watch it with my little brother"

I have told a lot of people that I am a Borny and a lot of them are fine with it. Some people I have told start to make fun of me and think that I should grow up. I tell them "at least I'm not afraid to say that I am one. You guys on the other hand are afraid to even tell me your dark secrets. Which is pertty sad. As me at least to can tell you that I am a brony and I'm proud of it. So Tell me to grow up is the best you can come up with. I think you are the people who need to grow up and not be afraid to tell your secrets". Yeah thats mostly what I tell to the people who make fun of me.

The show isn't as bad as most people think it is, mainly because there is conflict, when most people will think its all rainbows and tea parties, this is not the case. The show has a lot great humor and storyline. Even the characters in the show are awesome and I can relate to a lot of them. I would have to say it is one of the best cartoons I have seen in a long time.

I am also not afraid to admit I am a Brony. I just can't stand people saying stupid crap about it. Of course they might because they probably never seen the show and might be referring to G3 (YUCK).

Wheny my mother found out I was a brony and what a brony was, she just gave a bunch of questions that anyone else would, such as "you watch a show for little girls," and other common statements. Ironically, she said that she would check the show out for herself. That was more of me being lucky, if anything. Just be careful of who you share you're bronyness to, and if you're that paranoid, don't discuss it at all with anyone in real life.

I don't discuss it with everyone.

I am also not afraid to admit I am a Brony. I just can't stand people saying stupid crap about it. Of course they might because they probably never seen the show and might be referring to G3 (YUCK).

Thats good that your not afraid to admit that you are Brony.

The people that mostly make fun of it are people that have never watched it. Yeah it gets me mad to because its like, why make fun of something that you haven't even watched yet? I tell a lot of people to watch it and then tell me what you think of it.

Edited by Spikefan

I troll people on Black Ops by hooking up some cords from iPod-Controller to play the MLP theme song over the microphone.

Here's the reaction I get the most:

Posted Image

Show about ponies, must be gay.

• Brohoof 1

The people that mostly make fun of it are people that have never watched it. Yeah it gets me mad to because its like, why make fun of something that you haven't even watched yet? I tell a lot of people to watch it and then tell me what you think of it.

Makes perfect sense Spikefan. I had been laughed at by one of my friends and he never saw the show ( I assume). I even still have friends when I admit I am a Brony. I don't immediately tell them I am a Brony, they were talking about it without knowledge and one of the kids said "who watched My Little Pony". I had to say it and tell them about it just to prove it is a good show and I told them about Bronies and they ignored me like always.

The knowledge less immature modern kids would say that every time.

I like to tell them because I love MLP FIM. I want to try to get people watching the show.

Sounds that you're a bit desperate to convert people into bronies. I'm not against that, but you should think twice before doing such things, because the consequences may be bad. AKA it is risky, but worth a try.

I tend to think so because I live in a place where the people are really intolerant about "different" things.

Sounds that you're a bit desperate to convert people into bronies. I'm not against that, but you should think twice before doing such things, because the consequences may be bad. AKA it is risky, but worth a try.

I tend to think so because I live in a place where the people are really intolerant about "different" things.

I don't tell everybody but I tell the people I trust. I do think twice before I do tell.
  • Brohoof 1

Makes perfect sense Spikefan. I had been laughed at by one of my friends and he never saw the show ( I assume). I even still have friends when I admit I am a Brony. I don't immediately tell them I am a Brony, they were talking about it without knowledge and one of the kids said "who watched My Little Pony". I had to say it and tell them about it just to prove it is a good show and I told them about Bronies and they ignored me like always.

The knowledge less immature modern kids would say that every time.

I have the same feeling. There still a lot of people I haven't told yet. A lot of times I really want too but it maybe better I just keep to myself. A lot of my close friends are fine with it.

Its a shame that some people ignore us just because we have knowlege in my little pony. But whatever if they want to go in that direction then we can't stop them.

I live in a similar area too. Heck, even a few of my friends are intolerant to things that they don't approve of. It's really hard to be open about things when you could get an angry mob at your doorstep just for talking about it.

Although when it comes to converting people, I highly dissaprove of that. When it comes to love and tolerance, forcing the fandom on people doesn't really represent it. In short, let them come to the fandom instead of forcing it onto them.

I have the same feeling. There still a lot of people I haven't told yet. A lot of times I really want too but it maybe better I just keep to myself. A lot of my close friends are fine with it.

Its a shame that some people ignore us just because we have knowlege in my little pony. But whatever if they want to go in that direction then we can't stop them.

I feel fine telling it to my best friends. I can trust them of course. I want to try to convert my best friend into one.

I live in a similar area too. Heck, even a few of my friends are intolerant to things that they don't approve of. It's really hard to be open about things when you could get an angry mob at your doorstep just for talking about it.

Although when it comes to converting people, I highly dissaprove of that. When it comes to love and tolerance, forcing the fandom on people doesn't really represent it. In short, let them come to the fandom instead of forcing it onto them.

What I mean in converting is just showing them the show. If they don't like it, I don't have a problem. Everybody has opinions.

What I mean in converting is just showing them the show. If they don't like it, I don't have a problem. Everybody has opinions.

What I meant more was don't force the show onto people. But if someone questions you about the show, then show them it in defense and all that other stuff.

What I meant more was don't force the show onto people. But if someone questions you about the show, then show them it in defense and all that other stuff.

I would of course show every knowledge I know about the show if someone ask. I can even admit I am a Brony in their face if they act like jerks. I understand you, Gene Wilder.

I would of course show every knowledge I know about the show if someone ask. I can even admit I am a Brony in their face if they act like jerks. I understand you, Gene Wilder.

I'm more concerned about driving away people from bronydom if you force ponies down someone's throat.

I mean, if some random person, liking something that wasn't meant for him/her, got into my face and said "hey hey hey!!! I liek this, and you shood too!", I wouldn't really get into the thing as easily. But otherwise, thanks for understanding.

• Brohoof 1

I'm more concerned about driving away people from bronydom if you force ponies down someone's throat.

I mean, if some random person, liking something that wasn't meant for him/her, got into my face and said "hey hey hey!!! I liek this, and you shood too!", I wouldn't really get into the thing as easily. But otherwise, thanks for understanding.

That is very true. It really makes a person hate ponies if you force them into the show.

I feel fine telling it to my best friends. I can trust them of course. I want to try to convert my best friend into one.

It always good to try to introduction people into new things. I agree if they don't like it then just let them be and don't try again with them.

• Brohoof 1