Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid crap that people say when you tell them what a Brony is.

FIMChangedmylife72

I haven't gotten any shit for liking it on the outside world, but I have heard a few things. My favorite is when they use "autism" as an excuse as to answer why we like the show. I like this because it shows how stupid they are, and it makes me want to fucking kill them.

What a bunch of queers no reall they said that

That I could handle once my stupid ass brother who just out how I like MLP every chance he gets started saying how he knows how I started watching mlp and my dad turned around and looked at me like he was disappointed at me and shook his head. It made me feel so hurt.

I never got anything bad. I'm pretty public about being a brony too, I have shirts and folders that I used at school. One time a guy in my history saw one of folders (after almost a year of wearing the shirts and using the folders, they were even constantly on my desk) and asked if I was a Brony. The girl in front of me asked what that was, so I explained, and she didn't say anythig bad, just kinda nodded her head. The guy on the other side of the boy who asked said something about how he had a friend who liked it, and was trying to get him into it, but he didn't want to because it's a little girl show. I just told him it was fine and everyone had their own opinions, and we basically left it at that. So, where I'm at it doesn't seem to be bad. The "worst" I got was when I drew a few zombie ponies, and a guy told me he was disappointed in me. So, yeah. Of course, you have all those jerks online when scrolling through comments and such, but what are you gonna do about it?

"Bronies are people who just want to have sex with horses." 

"Wow, what girly men"

Honestly I've never personally told anyone what a brony is, but I've heard some of this from people.

• Brohoof 1

I would step lightly. Those jokes tend to fly over peoples' heads.

Guilty.

Time to burn off 94 characters! I once lived in a squirrel, on the open sea. The squirrel barked a lot, so I became a pea.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

LOL! Good topic! :lol:

Even though I obviously fit the definition of Brony to a degree- I never bring up the term when talking about the show. I just really don't want to have to explain it.

Anyway, I brought up how I had found the show accidently and kind of like it now when talking my best friend. His skeptically amused response was, "You know they have conventions and call themselves Bronies and some of them dress up like the characters."

:blink::o !!!!!!

I was completely caught off guard/freaked out- because I thought he of all people would have absolutely no idea about the show or anything!! Now I thought he had a bad stereotypical view on it.

It was fine though. I had forgotten that he went to one of the ComicCons recently (not something he normally does) with another friend. I think he bumped into some cosplaying Bronies. Knowing him, he probably thought it was funny and went up to them (in a NON MALICIOUS but trolling way) and was probably like "Nice costumes- what are you supposed to be?" and got an answer. He just found concept amusing. He's a very nice guy with a hilarious yet different sense of humor- I don't know how else to explain him.

In general if I think someone's going to give me crap about liking MLP I just save myself the trouble and just don't tell them.

Edited by steve88

"Bronies are people who just want to have sex with horses." 

"Wow, what girly men"

Honestly I've never personally told anyone what a brony is, but I've heard some of this from people.

Me too, those comments are often from people who would rather put aside their time to insult bronies rather than the three damn minutes it would take to look up what they really are.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...

I've never explained to anyone what a brony is but my sisters practically did. When I was eating dinner with my family, they brought up the topic of furries because there are some at their school. My parents were confused. I already knew what a furry and I didn't have a problem with it. But, they not only said they dress up like animals, they also said that they like to watch My Little Pony. So basically, my sisters and parents think that furries and bronies are the same. My Dad said, "No one watches My Little Pony", even though there is a huge fanbase around it! I'm surprised my sisters didn't bring up the fact that I like MLP. My Dad would have laughed at me.

• Brohoof 1