Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid crap that people say when you tell them what a Brony is.

FIMChangedmylife72

If Someone asks me what a brony is ill tell them a couple of things depending on how close im to them

1: Do you go on the internet?

2: A Person That Likes MLP.

3:Where have you been?

4: Google it.

And Some Others.

I love to mess with people all the time about it, especially my little sister, who's watched the show. I tell her I love it and she's like "heck no" and tries to quiz me on it. The look on her face when I answer every question perfectly is priceless.

As for my friends, I've only told one of my best friends and he called me gay. Luckily I am a master comeback artist and replied by calling him gay. We both agreed that this was between us and we're still close friends.

• Brohoof 2

I just discovered one of my friends watched the first few episode of mlp, but was not a fan. Was shocked because he watched a few episodes. :(

(edited)
I recently had a scuffle with someone I thought was one of the closest friends I could have. Once I started posting MLP related things on facebook she started making posts about how she hates bronies and calling us fags and what not. Another friend seems to feel the need to comment negatively on everything I post. I've seemed to patch things up with one friend, though I don't bring up MLP around her, and try to kill them with kindness. I'm a bit of a pushover when it comes to people that I once felt I could trust. I suppose it's all in hopes that one day, they will accept it more. Edited by PeachPalette

I recently had a scuffle with someone I thought was one of the closest friends I could have. Once I started posting MLP related things on facebook she started making posts about how she hates bronies and calling us fags and what not. Another friend seems to feel the need to comment negatively on everything I post. I've seemed to patch things up with one friend, though I don't bring up MLP around her, and try to kill them with kindness. I'm a bit of a pushover when it comes to people that I once felt I could trust. I suppose it's all in hopes that one day, they will accept it more.

These "friends" seem like assholes for making fun of you for liking a show... I mean really? Tell them to like you for who you are, and if they say no take some advice from my pal mikael samuelsson and tell them to go fuck themselves.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

When I told my dad, he first asked me if I was gay. THAT was just a joke, he wasn't being serious (he gives me a hard time about everything). He pointed at my Pinkie Pie Background and asked "Is THAT what that is? My little Pony?" And I told him it was, and that it was a show I was really interested in. But he started comparing it to all the other girly toys out there (He works in the Toy Department at Wal Mart, so thats all he knows about MLP is the toys). I just told him its a really good show, better than most of the crap I see on TV all the time, and "If I legitimately like it, HOW bad can it be?" He just nodded, gave me a little weird look and said "I'm done. you made your point." (his exact words) and then we just stopped talking about it.

It was just a stupid and akward conversation.

Edited by NovaBioField

(Real quotes) "Lul, You watch a show for girls" "When i see MLP on TV i change the channel" "LAWL, Thats so stupid!"

I've run into stuff like this before. It's just the stereotypical idiotic response trolls resort to when pulling the dumb card or when someone’s just completely clueless.

Strangely, most of my classmates in college are pretty accepting about it, except there IS always one. That one just so happens to be Chloe, but I don't worry about it because she's a nasty piece of work anyway. For example, when she compliments anything about anyone to their face she says it in a very snarky/sarcastic tone to hurt you. Like I said, I don't worry about it. My mum's pretty chill about it, she liked the song Flutterwonder (I was listening to it while she was doing the ironing).

Also, I was listening to For The Lunar Republic on my friend's speakers and one of my tutors liked it, I told him that it was pony music and explain and he was like "O_______O"

I know I'm pretty lucky to not have come across any major jerks yet, though that is probably because I'm female which is sad.

I've actually only told two of my friends that I'm into MLP. The conversations both went differently:

Me: "What would you do if I turned into a brony?"

Friend1: "I'd probably think about disowning you, but then not, because you're big brother ^^" (We have a strange sense of humor like that)

-I show him random videos and fanart for a few days."

One night at around 11:30 midnight he says: "I'm bored, I'll check out MLP"

before he even finishes the first episode: "Fluttershy is so adorable!"

Yeah, I think he's slowly coming around... And he was originally a brony hater <3

Me: "I'm turning into a brony >.>"

Friend2: "I'm not surprised xD"

I'm glad I have open-minded friends like that ^^

At first I stayed quiet, but then I thought about it and found that I had no real reason to hide my love for ponies. I thought one of my friends (A) would like it so I told her, but then she almost instantly decided that ponies are evil and she hates them. I was shocked because she's very similar to Fluttershy. She's quiet, kinda shy, loves animals, and very rarely hates anything. Since then, one of my friends has been converted after attending an Anime Con. Whenever we talked about ponies and A was around she would practically jump into the conversation and be nasty towards ponies. I've been working on reducing her hatred towards ponies. And it's actually working! :) The other day I managed to start talking to A about Fluttershy after she commented that she liked my drawing of Fluttershy even though she didn't like ponies. Then I jumped over to the topic of Derpy and she didn't get upset or anything! I have a hope that eventually she will actually give the show a chance, but at the very least I want her to stop being so hateful towards them.

The rest of my friends, as far as I can tell, don't really approve, but they don't say anything about it. Except for B who says she worries about me, but she says that a lot because I often do stupid things and then get stuck even though she warned me that I would. :blush:

My parents don't really care. Initially my mom was like "Really? You watch My Little Pony?" and I was like "Yeah," And she just accepted it.

• 3 weeks later...

when i first admited to my friend skyler he said

DUDE you are gay than i said o well lets see if im gay.

then we did i strength test and i won.

than a quick wit test to see who is more smart i won

so than my friend said ok i give up you are not GAY

at least i explained it in detail of what hey said and what i did to prove im not gay :l

Edited by bronydudeXD

My friends and I just hang in a posse and emit sheer brony aura.

We get tons of *bloop-word* for it, and our response is simply "To each their own. Swag on past, swaggalicious-swaghem. We salute your swag, homie-skillet, now let us boast of our brony, sugaggle-swagman."

(Some of that is exaggerated)

However, I do hang out with my brony buds and we do receive much hate for it (especially because we go to an all guys high school)

Haters gonna hate.

Actually, we made some haters lay of by responding the pony way and not snapping back at them.

SHOW TO EVERYONE THE LOVE AND TOLERATE WAY OF LIFE, IT ACTUALLY MAKES PEOPLE NICER!

I actually got my English teach to Brohoof me. I knew he had a daughter who would be in the age group for the show, and I dropped a subtle hint about it. It's funny because it means he pays attention to the show when his daughter is watching. ^_^

Go ahead and tell them about the Blues Clues incident. :blink:

Teacher: Good gravy, I worry about that boy...

Edited by Guest