Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid crap that people say when you tell them what a Brony is.

FIMChangedmylife72

Moritifyingly, there is a brony at my school... and he is one of the people I hate the most (For other reasons).

I don't tell people. I close, Alt+F4, Windows+D, and navigate away from my MLP related windows, I bury all MLP stuff in bizzare places on my comp, I name it weird things, and I make sure NO BUCKING PERSON FINDS OUT. Only one person knows other than me, and that was a bucking accident!

I have a friend who is a huge hater of bronies and whenever i mention MLP to her through text all she says is: *facepalm*

thats when you reply *facehoof* XD

all my friends are rednecks and hate when i mention MLP in any way. Soooo i make as many mlp references as possible. its a fun game but when i have to sdescribe what a brony is to them the first time they thought i was gay and attempted to beat me up for supposedly beina fag as they put it.

• Brohoof 1

This isn't "Stupid" like the title asks, but:

Today I went over to my neighbors house to drink with him, and he said I am the most "Normal" Brony he has ever met. As Excited as I get about Ponies, he said he likes me because I dont go crazy trying to convert people. I geek out on Ponies, but I still know how to laugh at myself about it, and I dont try to relentlessly convert people. They say I am the most respectably brony they have ever met.

(I am not saying I am more respectable than any of you guys, but to them, I am the best they have met.)

• Brohoof 2

This is how i remember the conversation when I told my friend:

my friend: You watch My Little Pony?! That's show is for LITTLE GIRLS

me:It's not that bad... It's pretty funny

my friend: That 'kid'(a brony in our school) likes my little pony and he's the biggest fag ever!!

me: a show doesn't define your sexuality....

Yeahh... Not a fun time.

• Brohoof 1

Ugh my brothers like 'that shows for little girls, guys who watch it are either gay are weirdos' Needless to say hes never going to watch it and 'thinks' im gay. Which I am xDD Soooo my background being of rainbow dash doesnt help that any, if my family knew I watched it they would freak out as they are completely against me being gay as it is wrong to them and 'my little pony' will only worry them but *shrug* My little pony is something i enjoy as its innocent and it has comedy and it keeps me entertained.

Some of the reactions:

*le talk with a Brony friend about MLP*

Other friend: What R u guyz talking 'bout?

Me: MLP

Other friend: *a bunch of bad words that I don't want to write here* That's a show for little girlz o.O

Me: *laugh*

----------------

Me: You know, a Brony is someone that is older than... let's say 12 years, and he watches MLP:FiM, and he enjoyes it.

He: O.O *shock* And... you're a Brony?

Me: Eeyup!

He: Whaaaat daaaa ****...?

----------------

Me: Yo Bro, you know who Bronies are?

Brother: ... don't tell me you're one of them o.o

Me: Well, haven't you see those figurines i bought today...?

Brother: I, DON'T, HAVE, A, BROTHER, ANYMORE >.>

aaaaaaand he hates me for that xD oh, and he can't stand those figurines, posters, and other MLP things.

• 1 month later...

Some close people know, and I know I shouldn't have told them >_> It's just that I got caught once watching an episode.

They accepted me, but I'm afraid that *one specific one, not gonna point fingers* is going to tell people, as I've been threatened with that.

(edited)

I enjoy other peoples frustration and fear, but theese are a couple things people call me sometimes:

-faggot

-homo

-clopper

-nerd(i dont mind this, but they try to insult me with it anyway)

But mostly people think its kinda cool that i am a brony. Not the "cool guys" aka. douchebags, but the common, nicer people.

Oh and one of my friends got reeeeally confused about it and i decided to show him one episode, and he agreed to see what it was like. Now his a brony too! At the moment, he is the only IRL brony i know. Oh and people in my city(tiny little traditional city, if youre odd or different, the whole city will know in the blink of an eye, and theese people dont tolerate much, and they make assumptions without asking questions...) stare at me like i was a some sort of demonspawn when im wearing my brony shirt(s). Not everyone of course.

Edited by Anttu

Hey look, a show I don't like. I had better complain about how gay it is even though I never watched it. Maybe the stupid fanboys will magically disappear if I complain hard enough.

The biggest reaction I ever got was when I told a couple of my teachers in school. They laughed both because it was hilarious and weird, but they thought nothing less of me.

I have yet to get a t-shirt for myself and stride through the nearby mall proudly. I eagerly await the reactions of those who actually care enough to point it out. B)

I told my friend what a brony was before I was a brony, he laughed. Then when I became a brony I told him and he was like "woooooow..."

Eeyup. :mellow:

I try to NEVER mention my being a brony, even to my closest friends. I know plenty of bronies, my zip is crawling with them. I'm not a very well thought of person around here. If I were to bring it up, I'd be making the other bronies look bad. Hmm... this'd make a great "Good Guy Greg".

Pretty much everyone I know personally knows I am a brony. And none of them really care. There's an occasional "What is wrong with you?", But that's not even close to the worst I've had said to me about other things. I'll even mention it to strangers if it comes up in conversation, and whatever they want to think is fine, as long as I'm being honest with myself. (Most don't say anything, though are clearly quite uncomfortable after the fact :D)

I'm used to being teased and bullied and put down for being me, and I've learned that people who think they have to point out how weird you are are very insecure about themselves, and need to feel like they have some sort of superiority over you. These people are the ones who are not worth your time in any way shape or form.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I explained what a brony is to my parents and a friend of mine when it appeared in the newspaper. My parents just scoffed, my sister called it "random" so I'm not sure it's positive, and my friend said the whole fandom was "gay."

My mom kept thinking I said Brownie then related it to some movement in the 60's involving homosexuals called Brownies or something... (that was strange, I have nothing against homosexuals but the way she went about it was strange).

My friends all started singing the old theme song (from the older series) and I just facehoofed.

That is about the extent of it, other than strange stares sometimes.

I told my brother and mom that I liked MLP. My mother still doesn't take me seriously because she only remembers the old show, and my brother thinks that it's "gay." I told my friends, but they were confused and didn't believe that there is anyone but myself watches it.