Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid things you believed when you were younger

Fishy Stick

Well...........after watch Jumanji, I got the game for Christmas, and I wanted my parents to return it, thinking i can get sucked in the game.  

Today, whenever I think of that moment, I just rofl....and say how dumb as hell i was.

• Brohoof 1

I thought that assholes on this planet were a minority.

I used to think that blackmailing was mailing someone something in a black envelope.

I also thought that babies ripped through the flesh of the mother when giving birth. I didn't know about female sex organs at the time.

• Brohoof 2

God. but to be fair i stopped believing in that when i was around 6.

Also, Souls, I use to believe that souls where real.

I wasn't a very intelligent 5 year old.

Edited by Evil Nightmares
  • Brohoof 1

Before knowing what it actually was and scarring me for life, I thought that the Chamuco (another name for the "Cucuy", the Mexican boogeyman that rips out the throats and eyes out of children who wont go to sleep) was a big killer whale with a crown (like Shamu).

Mexican parents are hardcore, friend.

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 2

Anything stupid I believed as a 5 year old I still do e.g

Toys are alive

There's a monster under my bed, and in my closet

When you turn the T.V off, it goes off for everyone

Animals are capable of thought far beyond our own intellect, they can only tell other of the same animals though

The Easter bunny is real

Edited by TheFluttershyGuy
  • Brohoof 1

when i didn't quite have a complete grasp on evolution, i thought it meant that everyone was born as a monkey and grew up into a person, so i got really confused at a zoo when there were adult monkeys and it blew my little child mind. XD

• Brohoof 2

- I thought the moon followed us in the car

-I thought the bathtub drain could suck me in

-I thought the sweeper could suck me in

-I thought animals could secretly talk, but not around humans, so I tried to talk to them

-I thought I could speak any language. 

-I believed I had super powers

-I always thought the news people were staring at me, and I got mad over it

Thats all I can think of..

• Brohoof 2

I used to think that boys and men all had short hair, not because it was a social norm but because boy hair is like animal fur and it just doesn't grow past an inch or so. 

Little me felt so bad for boys, and her mind was totally blown the first time she learned that they could have long hair too.

• Brohoof 1

I once watched Popeye and after seeing him eat spinach and growing incredible strong I thought Wow! I wanna be like that! So little old me got a can of spinach and after opening it, ate the entire can. Needless to say, when nothing happened...my childhood was ruined... 

• Brohoof 1

I honestly believed that I was trapped and living in a movie.......

How do you know you're not? :o

Or what if we're all living in a computer simulation created by more advanced humans....

OT: I used to think that animals could speak but chose not to, that my ceiling fan would explode if i left it on too long, and that musicians in a band/orchestra knew what notes to play because the conductor was communicating the notes through his hands.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

Cutting off the tips of mountains turn them into volcanoes

There was robotic water(then I found out mercury exists so I was close)

The Simpsons and Sonic the Hedgehog would make a great crossover

Cartoons were live-action

There was a Mario game on the Sega Genesis

• Brohoof 2

~ If I wished for something as I was falling asleep, it would come true the next day. (Even after it didn't, multiple times) :P

~ I thought that if I slept on my back, chest up, a ghost might sit on my chest, stopping me from breathing, so I always slept on my side. (Though I do believe that's a thing in SP sometimes, right? I mean, not literally of course, but the same feeling or something ... I don't know. *Shrugs*)

~ That if I didn't cut my hair regularly, my entire body would grow ... uh ... fur I guess. :blink:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

• I thought I'd fall in the toilet.
  • I thought the sun, moon and stars followed me.
  • I thought I'd get sucked up in the bath plug.

About all I can think of...

THE FIRST ONE!!

Because of Bear in the Big Blue House I talked to Luna.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

When i was 5 at school, at Easter Monday, in the foyer outside all the prep classrooms, we saw large bunny prints. All the teachers were like 'Oh, the easter bunny's been here!!' and i totally fell for it. Hook, line and sinker. D:

They did the same thing when I was in prep. The moment I realized it was fake(4 years later)I was so dissapointed