Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid things you believed when you were younger

Fishy Stick

I got another one. I always thought flip-flops were called toe-thongs....Don't ask how I came to that

• Brohoof 1

I used to believe I'd get sucked up by a vacuum.

I also used to believe that if you farted at a smoke detector, it would go off, thanks to my mother, who once said it as a joke. Therefore, I'd always try to hold it when I'm near a smoke detector.

Then, thanks to Thomas and Friends, I thought there was an actual Island of Sodor with real trains talking.

..but I still wish there was :(

I also thought that if I swallowed a watermelon seed that it would grow inside of me... and a bunch of other stupid stuff mostly due to my dad who joked around a lot (and still does). XD Can't think of anymore off the top of my head though...

• Brohoof 2

Totally can relate to the watermelon deal.

But I don't remember much around early child development due to memory loss, BUT... I DO remember in middle school, I use to think I could control the wind by singing. (LOL)

Reason why... one day I was serving lunch detention (don't remember why) and I was so bored I began to sing to myself (not loud). I watched the trees rustle every time I started. They stopped when I stopped. Every day I kept testing this, and I kid you not, it happened. Now I don't even pay attention, but I do love to sing and I love the wind. 

My brother told me that if you hold in your urine for too long your bladder would explode out of your body. I think I was eight or nine instead of five when he told me this but I believed him for quite a long time :P

I thought that everyone liked my imaginary friends and I also thought I was gonna go to hell for swearing LOL XD I wish I knew before things got awkward ._. I also thought that I was gonna die from swallowing gum and that clouds were made of cotton lol

Edited by MarcelineA

• 2 weeks later...

If you shot a gun in the air the bullet would eventually hit the moon and maybe kill an astronaut

And I watched a lot of survival shows back then so I thought that if you spoke in your best British/Australian voice and looked into nothingness (I didn't know about TV cameras) then you would appear on TV that night or afternoon.

• Brohoof 2

I thought that adults had kids by just being around one another.

I also thought that most other people in my school were nice to be around.

I thought people were nice.

No but seriously when I had my first menstruation I thought that I was possessed (This was after seeing The Exorcist for the first time).

Oh and I used to think that there were cameras in the stoplights and that they had people watching them and operating them.

(edited)

I actually believed if i swallowed a cherry seed a cherry tree would grow inside my stomach, because i already knew that watermelon seeds could be eaten. Now i can actually eat cherry seeds without even thinking of it.

I also thought that if i swallowed a mint my stomach would become all minty fresh (thanks dad).

Edited by Nymphia
  • Brohoof 1

I always thought my stuffed animals would interact with each other like in Toy Story when I wasn't in the room. Maybe they are, I've never truly ruled it out. You never know...

I got another one. I always thought flip-flops were called toe-thongs....Don't ask how I came to that

Actually, before they were called flip-flops, they were called thongs.

I believed that my 2-year-old sister would turn into a boy.  (She ended up being a tomboy, so close enough, right?)

• Brohoof 1

I thought the turn signals in the car told you where to go.

One night I stayed up all night waiting for Santa and looking out the window.  He never came so I decided he had to be invisible.

• Brohoof 1

In video games, I thought every single frame was pre-made, like pictures. So if I, say, walked up to a big castle via bridge, a picture of said castle and bridge, along with everything else around (including the HUD, my character, etc.), had to have been drawn or something in that exact formation for me to see it, if that makes any sense.

It always made me question how long it took to actually make video games. :P

• Brohoof 1

-It never occured to me that Earth is a finite space, so I thought the sun and moon just passed through some holes in the dirt way off in the distance.

-I thought that, if you dug deep enough, you'd go to hell.

-I thought I had magic healing powers.

-I thought that any broken blood vessel meant I needed to see a doctor, regardless of where it was or how it broke.

(edited)

I thought the Muppets were alive.

I also thought that is you were born a boy, you would become a girl and a girl would become a boy.

Edited by Dr. Turtle