Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celestia and Luna what are they really....

~Starlight~

Well I have come up with a new theory, its very strange and I would like to know what you think about it! 

I was out on a walk with my family until I saw a white horse being rided that looked like Celestia; when I saw it I thought. "What if Celestia is a horse Alicorn and luna is not and she is just a regular pony Alicorn?"

Cadence, Twilight and Luna would all be classified as regular Alicorns (Pony alicorns) and Celestia would be a Horse alicorn. I think this may make her look more god like!

Please tell me what you think do you Agree or Disagree. And why?

post-8120-0-14948700-1361354082.jpg

post-8120-0-45141400-1361354112_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Well, she isn't a god, just a wonderful figure for ponies everywhere to admire. She is a regular alicorn, I don't see why she would be any different than that, you must provide moar evidence.

Oh I just think that she is a God like figure all to admire, I don't really know but it just might of been the horse like posture and her different shaped snout. :) Maybe maybe not

It depends a bit on what you see as a 'horse'. If you just look at the species itself, they're actually all horses. If you really look at the character's appearance, I'd say that Celestia, Luna and Cadence are the most horse-like ones, because of their long legs and head shape. Also, in Sleepless in Ponyville, the Headless Horse has the same body as Luna.

Personally, I just like refer to them as 'ponies', because the show is called My Little Pony.

• Brohoof 1

Interesting idea...

One could say she is a horse alicorn because she always (or often, or maybe it´s just me) appears a bit bigger (body) than even other Alicorns. Same time, she is often kinda dominant, well, she is the ruler xD.

Compared to Luna she is the older sister so it gives her a status a bit upon her... Cadence is another member of her family, protector of the crystal empire, but as I understood, she got this position by Celestia.

So, yeah, could be true that she is a horse Alicorn, with the other Alicorns as ponys.

• Brohoof 1

It depends a bit on what you see as a 'horse'. If you just look at the species itself, they're actually all horses. If you really look at the character's appearance, I'd say that Celestia, Luna and Cadence are the most horse-like ones, because of their long legs and head shape. Also, in Sleepless in Ponyville, the Headless Horse has the same body as Luna.

Personally, I just like refer to them as 'ponies', because the show is called My Little Pony.

Yes I agree that a pony is a small type of horse I was just thinking that because of height maybe she was a different species, but I am not that sure. Thanks for your opinions! :D

Interesting idea...

One could say she is a horse alicorn because she always (or often, or maybe it´s just me) appears a bit bigger (body) than even other Alicorns. Same time, she is often kinda dominant, well, she is the ruler xD.

Compared to Luna she is the older sister so it gives her a status a bit upon her... Cadence is another member of her family, protector of the crystal empire, but as I understood, she got this position by Celestia.

So, yeah, could be true that she is a horse Alicorn, with the other Alicorns as ponys.

Yes that's what I was thinking her bigger body could mean either she was taller or she could be well... different so this is a good thing to discus, Thanks for your opinion :D

Luna is still not fully grown. She is supposed to reach the same height as Celestia. Atleast that was the intention Lauren had. Dunno if the current staff will follow upon it. Though she did get taller from S1 to S2.

Why would Celestia be a "horse alicorn" and Luna be just a regular alicorn? Celestia is the princess of the day and Luna is the princess of the night so I think that would make them equals the only reason they are not is because of Luna's 1000 year banishment to the moon and we don't know if she has been restored to full power yet though she is well on her way to that though. I could see that with Cadence though as for Twilight it is a bit too soon to tell because we don't know what her responsibilities are going to be yet she will probably be responsible for the force of "friendship" but that still dosen't answer the question as to how powerful she will be in comparison to the others.

Celestia & Luna have always come across to me as being as god-like in a way. I always here the other ponies saying dear celestia like we say my god sometimes :P. Idk honestly but when you look at her and Luna and what they do for equestria as a whole it seems them being gods makes sense. But that is just my opinion on it.

Well, technically speaking, the word "Alicorn" through most of time has referred to the theoretical substance that made up a unicorn's horn.

In the late medieval period and in the early renaissance, "Unicorn Horns" were supposedly powerful artefacts that aided in healing and the like. Queen Elizabeth the first owned one and it was valued at being equal to 3,000 ounces of gold. It was, of course, a narwhal horn.

Anyway, in the show, it’s a term used to refer to the likes of Celestia and Luna, who have both horns and wings. All Princesses in series have both wings and a horn. Is this a trend, or a coincidence? Which one implies the other? Are they royals due to their Alicorn nature, or are they only Alicorns because they belong to the royal bloodline?

Prince Blueblood, it may be noted, is not an Alicorn. So it’s likely that it’s just an inherent trait. Let's break this down over-analytically: Cadence is Celestia's niece, which either means there’s a third Alicorn sibling somewhere, or Luna had children at some point. Blueblood is not an Alicorn, but part of the royal family, meaning that you don’t have to be an Alicorn to be part of the Royal family.

We can state with reasonable certainty that Alicorns possess some serious magical power; after all, it would take an enormous amount of energy to move celestial bodies through the interplanetary medium [of space].

The case of Princess Cadence further strengthens this theory. We’ve seen that she can change the thoughts and feelings of ponies through magic, which, one can assume, is no easy task. If it was easy, wouldn’t everyone be doing it?

Now we get onto the interesting part. Celestia, Luna and Cadence all have some sort of unique power, and they are all Alicorns. Prince Blueblood, as far as I can tell, has no unique power. Unless of course being terribly un-gentlemanly counts as a “Unique power”.

Something to think about, is it not?

Yeah I'm not sure if Twi will ever get physically bigger (likely not) but there does seem to be a clear difference in Celestia + Luna being more horse than pony due to lineage and their different status (royal and centuries old lifespan). Not sure if in Season 4 if they will go into more detail on alicorns as Twi's ascent into one is surely more than just "made new magic" and more "grand magical destiny" but Luna and Celestia are clearly a head above the rest of their community for many reasons. It's still unclear how much of Celestia's "godlike" status is just hype ("she raises the sun each day") and how much is actual (more a symbol and figurehead).

Though your theory does hold some logic to it, I think you're over thinking it a bit too much. My Little Pony is a show based around ponies, simple as that, and I doubt there will be any horses in the show as it is targeted towards a younger audience and frankly ponies appeals to little people more.

• Brohoof 1

If you're talking about "horse" like, the ones most resembling horses in my opnion and the sadle arabia delegates.  Alicorns are really just a special breed of ponies.

I don't believe alicorns are "gods" either.  Sure, you've got be some kind of special to be an alicorn, but they're not gods.  I do believe Celestia and Luna are special though, even by alicorn standards, if there is such a thing.  The fact that Celestia has lived for so long without aging visibly is a pretty good sign.  Cadance has shown that she ages when you see how different her character model is in the flashbacks. Its not hard for me to see Celestia and Luna sort of in their own class, but we need to know more to make anything certain.