Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Allosauridae

Anypony here a fan of NASCAR?

Who's your favorite driver of today or of past & why.

Do you prefer a certain type of car (Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Dodge-which is now no longer in NASCAR)

Have you gone to any races?

To those who dislike NASCAR, why do you dislike it?  

What do you think about the most recent major accident causing 28 fans to be injured?

Carl Edwards is my #1, then Matt Kenseth.

Carl has a great attitude and is honest and fun.   Oh, and look at him shirtless... (I liked him before I found out how great he looked!)

Matt is from my state, Wisconsin.  I also like his style :)

For past drivers, Alan Kulwicki and Rusty Wallace.   RIP Alan... he did what no one else attempted, came from up north... he was a Wisconsin driver, started from nothing, turned down big teams to drive for himself... won the championship in 92 as the Underbird :) as they changed the car's name to...  Died in 93 in a plane crash.

Rusty is just a great guy and driver... plain and simple.   Was always cool to watch him race, he also makes a good announcer.

I'm a Ford girl... so I AM disappointed Matt is no longer with Ford Racing.

Never been to a race... want to though.

This last wreck was just horrible...   I really hope the fans are okay, they go there to enjoy a race, not get hurt... although they do assume some 'responsibility' in going to the races knowing a freak accident may happen... and this one mirrored the Edwards/Keslowski wreck in Talledega a few yrs ago...  So everyone knows there IS a risk.   Even though I don't like Stewart his reaction was real good and classy... he didn't celebrate his win, he was worried for the fans.

As for Keslowski, part of the accident does fall on him, he knew Regan would block and never let of the gas.   bit similar to the Talledega one, but in that video Carl blocks him but he also moves up into Carl...   I do dislike Keslowski a lot though... he is a punk of the sport... shown it in interviews and how he drives. -_-  (not just talkin bout these 2 wrecks I mentioned.)

Also I really love this sport, there is much more to it than "driving in circles & left turns" as many see it.. There's so many things to it!  Strategy, passion, speed, cars...

• Brohoof 1

I dislike Nascar because it's too simplistic, in fact, I don't watch many sports or enjoy most of them, but Nascar is at the bottom of the list for common sports for me to watch, it's bland, pointless nothing but left turns and pit stops. If I can leave a sports event for 2 hours, come back and miss nothing eventful then It's not for me.

I mean, the only exciting thing you have to look forward to is a crash...

Seriously, no offense, but sitting out in the hot weather, where it's so loud that you can't hear yourself talk with nothing to watch other than 40 speeding advertisements race around a circle for 4 hours is not for me and I cannot fathom how anyone can enjoy it.

• 6 months later...

I know there's a few on here, but I know there's got to be more out there. I, myself, am a VERY avid fan of Nascar. I don't necessary have a favorite driver, but as long as it's not Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, or the Busch brothers, then I'm a happy camper. I've also been to a few races, in Pocono, Martinsville, Richmond, Darlington, and for the last seven years, I've been going to Daytona Beach for the summer race there. It may look boring on TV, but once you go in person, it's a whole different experience. :D

• Brohoof 1

raises hands a little

Yeah, i'm a nascar fan somewhat but I like to occasionally watch them race :3

I like Kurt Busch, since he is that aggressive driver but at times he can act strange.

• Brohoof 2

My name should give it away. :P I've been a fan of NASCAR and vehicular-related things since I was little. I played NASCAR 2000 on the PC as one of the first games I ever played, and one of the things that helped me recover from a severe psychological breakdown when I was 4. I got affiliated with the tracks, drivers and cars from that game, and continued to buy more games since.

I have about a hundered NASCAR diecast cars that I've been collecting since I was around that age. I never really followed the actual sport (as in watching the races and paying attention to stats) until 2008, and I kinda feel like I missed out on a childhood of watching my favorite sport (other than hockey, of which I did watch growing up), albeit I do still consider it to be a huge part or my life, much like ponies.

My current favorite drivers are Mark Martin (has been since I played that NASCAR game, one time I played it when I was six years old, I scrolled through the cars and noticed his number was the same as my age [he was driving the #6 Valvoline Ford when that game was made] and I thought it was cool, so he became my initial favorite driver), Kasey Kahne (his 2006 car was the first 1/24th size diecast car I ever got, and he won on my birthday at the Sears Point race in 2009), and Jamie McMurray (his 2009 car was the first NASCAR car I saw in real life, we went to a Grand Prix in Pittsburgh, and his car was there for whatever reason. Anywho, I liked him even more when I saw him win the Daytona 500 the next year. A couple years later, I saw him at the NASCAR Hall of Fame. He was walking away though, so I never got to talk to him, unfortunately). I really like Bobby Labonte also, but his career looks like it's about to end. :(

But yeah, I haven't been watching it much lately or following it, for other things in my life crowd up my schedule, such as school and other priorities. And I've yet to actually watch a race live in person before, but regardless of all that, I'm still a pure NASCAR fan by heart.

• Brohoof 2

I've always been a car maniac, so of course, I was a huge nascar fan before.

My favoritee driver was Dale Earnhardt, #3, and I guess you know what happened... When I was seven years old (I think), I saw him die. After this event, my favorite driver became Jeff Gordon, #24, and obviously Dale Earnhardt Jr., #8, but I slowly stopped watching Nascar.

I miss my favorite driver. :(

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I dislike Nascar because it's too simplistic, in fact, I don't watch many sports or enjoy most of them, but Nascar is at the bottom of the list for common sports for me to watch, it's bland, pointless nothing but left turns and pit stops. If I can leave a sports event for 2 hours, come back and miss nothing eventful then It's not for me.

I mean, the only exciting thing you have to look forward to is a crash...

Seriously, no offense, but sitting out in the hot weather, where it's so loud that you can't hear yourself talk with nothing to watch other than 40 speeding advertisements race around a circle for 4 hours is not for me and I cannot fathom how anyone can enjoy it.

I cannot see the appeal of people bouncing balls up and down. If I wanted I could go outside and do that. Break any sport down to it's bare components and it sounds pointless anyway.

Jeff Gordon is my #1

Haven't gone to any races

The last wreck was just terrible. You never know what will happen when you go to a nascar race. You just pray that you'll make it out okay, especially if you're sitting up front. 

I really don't like watching NASCAR on TV, but damn, going to a race is AWESOME, just a constant thunderous roar, gotta love it!

• 8 years later...
(edited)

I don't really care for modern nascar, due to the lack of the S and C of their name, but the older races and cars I am a fan of, like the Dodge Charger Daytona, Plymouth Roadrunner Superbird, Ford Talladega, etc, that age of "you could buy something reasonably close to what they were running" of Nascar. Mostly just the cars and the engineering behind the cars though. 

It was also the age of "the car could make the difference " too instead of the boring pack racing of today.

Edited by TheGleaner

I've been a fan of NASCAR for 22 years now, and I will never stop being a fan of the sport. now, I think NASCAR is in a better spot with the new cars, more variety of tracks, and new fans being attracted to the series through outreach into new markets.

• 3 months later...