Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Video game obsession

Dark Fox

I've got a few. Probably the one I've played and beaten the most is Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I have beaten it countless times, and I will be playing it again soon as the Master Quest.

I have put in over 150 hr's into Skyrim. I have also started a new character, but I still want to go back and explore and do more quests with my first character.

Halo. All of them. The multiplayer mostly.

Borderlands. I beat it and it's DLC twice.

I beat Zelda: Twilight Princess twice. The second time I did everything that you could.

The Zelda series. I am busy on trying to beat all games in the series. I have 10 beat so far.

The Final Fantasy series. I am trying to beat all the games in numbered succession. Excluding the MMO's, though I have played the Final Fantasy XI 360 beta. Put about 100 hr's in it. Didn't really get anywhere. But you can't really beat the MMO's anyway. I have 9 beat so far.

The Zelda series. I am busy on trying to beat all games in the series. I have 10 beat so far.

I was going to do the same for the Metroid series, but I'm not really sure if I should play them in order by release date or by timeline.

I was going to do the same for the Metroid series, but I'm not really sure if I should play them in order by release date or by timeline.

For Metroid, 1-3 are a continuation of sorts of each other. The same goes for the Prime series. Metroid Fusion is kind of in between I think, so that one doesn't really matter.

And since you mentioned it, I have also played and beat all Metroid games except for Metroid 2 on the Gameboy, and Super Metroid. I am pretty much at the end for Super Metroid, I just need to go back and get more health packs.

Portal and its sequel. I can tell you about every Easter egg, every plot point, most every puzzle, and every last bit of character details and supplementary material. I am insane.

Don't get me started on Pokémon. I've memorized the names of every one of the critters. Working on memorizing Pokédex numbers now, and I could teach you how to EV train and IV/chain breed in about five minutes. I know all the cities and their gym leaders.

I AM INSANE

Well to be honest as many times as I've tried to complete a game and get everything, and as much time as I spend checking out everything during playing games, I still hardly ever finish a game and complete every part of it, so of course I've never done a perfect character type thing.

Of course I've still had obssesions over games, plenty of them really, to many to keep track of them all. The game I proably played the most times through is Kotor, just because I loved that game so much. I think i played through is like 50 something times idk I just know it was a lot :P. Of course eventuelly I grew tired of it after beating it the millionth time.

More recently I was really into skyrim, and I still am just not as heavily, I was also really into Minecraft when I first started playing, and then it died down, then I played multiplayer and got back into it, then eventuelly I started playing LoL and that died down my minecraft playing, however eventuelly my LoL gaming obsession stop as much, and I got back into Minecraft, now I just get in the mood to play Minecraft and I play it, for a good majority of time normally.

Really thats how I am with most games, if I'm in the mood to play it i'll play it a good bit, otherwise not.

I also use to be obsessed with a game called Battlefield Heroes, I played that game for a good year or two, and I was actually pretty darn good at it, however it got alot of annoying lag and problems and the content updates where quite slow so I quit for the most part now. And of course I now suck :P.

I play games again whenever I get the urge to, so If I get the urge to play an older game I might play it, or heck I might even beat the whole thing.

I really need to actually fully complete some games though :P.

Borderlands. I beat it and it's DLC twice.

Fuck moxxies underdrome crap, the only way you can beat this god awful, overpriced,glorified chore fest, zero reward, poorly planned and executed example of DLC is if you have a friend who is 30 levels above you and you play on your personal saved game. I would rather spend my money on EA's DLC, where you pay to unlock stuff early, at least I'm actually obtaining something for the money I'm putting in, rather than trudging through hours of boring, repetitive nonsense.

Oh yeah and you don't get experience, just crappy weapons that you could find in any chest in the game. Sorry, this just makes me incredibly mad, I'd rather grow a hymen and get it broken by a large black guy with elephantiasis then play through just one single arena of this crap by myself...

Edited by Dark Fox

Fuck moxxies underdrome crap, the only way you can beat this god awful, overpriced,glorified chore fest, zero reward, poorly planned and executed example of DLC is if you have a friend who is 30 levels above you and you play on your personal saved game. I would rather spend my money on EA's DLC, where you pay to unlock stuff early, at least I'm actually obtaining something for the money I'm putting in, rather than trudging through hours of boring, repetitive nonsense. Oh yeah and you don't get experience, just crappy weapons that you could find in any chest in the game. Sorry, this just makes me incredibly mad, I'd rather grow a hymen and get it broken by a large black guy with elephantiasis then play through just one single arena of this crap by myself...

Umm.... I don't think this has anything to do with the topic, it's just a rant. Just saying. And I forgot about underdome riot. But I don't count that toward the DLC anyway.

I also forgot to mention Minecraft. Though I am not into it like I once was. I did spend a lot of time on it and was pretty obsessed over it for a little while though. I still play from time to time.

mine was and is Dark Souls the game is nonlinear so you can beat in 20 different ways and I always looking up items how to get them how to get through an area with the least death and dignity lost and obviously with my humanity intact literally I even prepared for about  half a week to beat the super Londo bros (if you got that far in the game you will know why and who i am talking about)

Hmm the games I most obsessive over are:

Portal 2 - I don't care how many times I beat it, I always get a kick out of it.

Midnight Club Los Angeles Complete - The Midnight Club series is so underrated to alot of gamers.

GTA IV + EFLC - Screw the story, i'm sure it's good but I bought the game for use of mods and causing chaos.

Demon's Souls - The predecessor to Dark Souls. Extremely bone breaking throwing your controller against the wall difficult. So difficult it was amazingly fun.

Dark Souls - The successor to Demon's Souls. Alot more friendly to new players while still making it hell for the returning champions of the series.

Yeah those are the games i'm most obsessed with. They aren't so much challenging, as they are just plain awesome.  :D

Umm.... I don't think this has anything to do with the topic, it's just a rant. Just saying. And I forgot about underdome riot. But I don't count that toward the DLC anyway.

I also forgot to mention Minecraft. Though I am not into it like I once was. I did spend a lot of time on it and was pretty obsessed over it for a little while though. I still play from time to time.

It's directly interfering with my obsession to perfect rpg games so it's mega relevant. Who do you play as anyway? I have not met a single person that tries to max out stats as Brick...

It's directly interfering with my obsession to perfect rpg games so it's mega relevant. Who do you play as anyway? I have not met a single person that tries to max out stats as Brick...

In the first Borderlands it was Lilith. I maxed her out. In Borderlands 2, it was Zero, who is also maxed out. I don't know anyone who maxed out Brick either. I also wish that the level cap would be increased for Borderlands 2. I would definitely give it another play-through if they increased the level cap. And I just didn't feel the rant was necessary, given this is more about video game obsessions and not rants. It just felt out of place to me. No disrespect.

But yeah, I keep remembering something new each time I come here. I do have an obsession with Mario too. I have played most, but I really need to get Mario Galaxy 2. Another series that I am trying to play all, or at least most of them. I've even played Mario's missing, just not all the way through. If you've played it, you can understand why I never finished it. Mario is one of those nostalgic games that I will always play.

I never really obsess over a game for a long period of time. I'll get a game, play it for a month or two, then revisit some older games that I have. I'll go back to my newer ones and beat them again or do a different playthrough, usually on a higher difficulty, and so on and so forth. One game I always seem to go back to is Pikmin 2, though.

Dear God, that's horrible. Putting so much time into the weakest game of the series that you miss out on the rest of it?

(note: Just because it's the weakest doesn't mean it's not good, because FO3 is great).

Still better than New Vegas or Brotherhood of Steel ;)

Still better than New Vegas or Brotherhood of Steel ;)

I'll give you BoS. NV is debatable (although many fans of the older games, myself included, prefer it to 3), but 1 and 2 are very solidly above 3.

I'll give you BoS. NV is debatable (although many fans of the older games, myself included, prefer it to 3), but 1 and 2 are very solidly above 3.

2 is definitely above for sure. One of my favorite RPG's ever.

But really? I thought New Vegas felt like a regurgitation of 3, with more glitches and a less thrilling atmosphere, setting, and questline. Also, it was fairly linear (Goodsprings to Primm to Novak to Nipton to The Strip) because you'll get fucked by deathclaws or cazadores going anywhere else. 

To each his own, I suppose.

I have and always will be obsessed with Rome: Total War. I always play a 50 year campaign and try to take over as much as I can with the various factions, plus the game still looks fairly decent and all the mods just gave that game so much longevity.

The same goes for Empire Earth, that game came out in 2001 and I still play that game!

But really? I thought New Vegas felt like a regurgitation of 3, with more glitches and a less thrilling atmosphere, setting, and questline. Also, it was fairly linear (Goodsprings to Primm to Novak to Nipton to The Strip) because you'll get fucked by deathclaws or cazadores going anywhere else. 

I suppose.

To me, NV felt a lot more like the old games, which is what I was looking for.

Also, none of the different factions were the good guys, and none were the bad guys. They all had their ups and downs. I mean, they obviously push for the Legion to be evil and the NCR to be good, but throughout the game, you see the Legion is just a different culture, and the NCR has a lot of problems as well. No other people you can side with are good or evil, either; everything is grey. And as such, there weren't really any good endings.

I'll admit I've barely played any FO3, but from what I hear, the story offers very little real choice in anything, and it's basically just Enclave=evil and Brotherhood=goodish.

Edited by Evilshy

I suppose.

To me, NV felt a lot more like the old games, which is what I was looking for.

Also, none of the different factions were the good guys, and none were the bad guys. They all had their ups and downs. I mean, they obviously push for the Legion to be evil and the NCR to be good, but throughout the game, you see the Legion is just a different culture, and the NCR has a lot of problems as well. No other people you can side with are good or evil, either; everything is grey. And as such, there weren't really any good endings.

I'll admit I've barely played any FO3, but from what I hear, the story offers very little real choice in anything, and it's basically just Enclave=evil and Brotherhood=goodish.

New Vegas took heavy inspiration from what Van Buren would have been like, which included the Legion and the NCR and a bunch of other things as well, so I definitely see where you're coming from.

And it is true in that Fallout 3's storyline is pretty gray and all, but Bethesda games are never about the main questline to me, at least. I feel that it's about the atmosphere and the setting and beauty of the world and everything in it.

New Vegas was by no means bad, either. I like it alot, though I prefer 3 by a longshot.

I do get pretty wrapped up in some games and mostly it is the rpg genre that I can play over and over and not get tired of. Like I can play any pokemon game beat it and replay it again and still have fun. The legend of zelda games are very addicting to me too.

[rage]

Other than being on the same engine, having few improved gameplay mechanics, same UI, etc. etc., New Vegas and 3 were infinitely different games.

First off, the glitches. Yes, yes, it was very, very, very buggy when it was released. And, yes, Obsidian has that reputation for releasing games with incredible amounts of bugs and blaming it on a lack of time due to the publisher. That is true, but a LOT of the bugs have been patched.

Second, I, for one, loved the atmosphere and setting of NV in comparison to 3. NV, along with 1 and 2, had settings that I absolutely loved, since I live in the south-western US. As I have stated many a time before, Fallout 3 had a more post-apocalyptic mood and atmosphere in contrast of 1, 2, and NV which had a more post-post-apocalyptic mood and atmosphere. If you prefer the mood and atmosphere of 3, that is fantastic for you. However, I, along with a lot of others, prefer New Vegas'.

Third, if you don't like NV because it is "linear", then I can't begin to comprehend how you managed to enjoy the majority of FO3. Almost every single quest and unlisted quest was 100% linear, for one. You had little to no option of what to do and how to do it. Sometimes, you got to make a choice, but usually it was a pretty unimportant one. And, for a large portion of the quests that allowed you freedom of how to complete them(and, these make up about 30% of the listed quests in the game) were "Go collect X amount of item". NV, however, had many, many different quests that gave you endless decisions to make and gave you many options of how to go about carrying out the quest.

This is rant doesn't really belong here, which is why it isn't as long as I could've(I have a 4 page rant on why I think NV is superior to FO3 saved in word). But, I felt I needed to post something because it is definitely my favourite game, and you ain't mess with New Vegas.

If you like FO3, cool for you, it's not a bad game, but I certainly didn't like it.[/rage]