Leafeon

OC Design  

12 users have voted

1. 1. Which one is better?

• New.
    • Old.
    • Other (Say in comments)

(File is attached)

So, I've decided my main OC has the dullest mane style ever. So, I re-did it. What I wish to know is, which one is better?

Color scheme will remain the same, the only change other then the mane is that her right ear is now half way folded over.

Any critiques and suggestions are welcome too. Thanks!

And here's the old version.

97c1dbf4fdc71a972471ce530dd7892f.png

• Brohoof 3

First of all, a lot of "canonical" manes are quite plain, so it's not bad if it is. But personally I like the slightly over-done manes a bit more. That being said, your new design is a little bit TOO much. It kind of seems like a bunch of ribbons in her hair, maybe take away a few strands?

Edit: I forgot to add, you're a really good drawer! 

Edited by BottleBox
  • Brohoof 1

First of all, a lot of "canonical" manes are quite plain, so it's not bad if it is. But personally I like the slightly over-done manes a bit more. That being said, your new design is a little bit TOO much. It kind of seems like a bunch of ribbons in her hair, maybe take away a few strands?

Edit: I forgot to add, you're a really good drawer! 

I could take out one or two, but not too many.  That would kind of lose the point of it being over the top. :P I'll see what it looks like when I draw it up in SAI.

Also, thanks!

I'm not sure to be honest, I mean personally I think you OC looked pretty good before, however its hard to compare which ones better because ones not colored, so idk for total certain.

I'm not really sure, It looks good so far, but to be certain I'd have to see a full color comparison I guess idk :P.

• Brohoof 1