How would you react if...

Stary Dreams

Alright, this is for a story I'm writing and I'm curious as to how people would react if they discovered these scenarios. What would you do and how would you feel?

Choose as many/little as you like.

Scenarios

1.) One of your siblings kills your boyfriend/girlfriend and hid it from you until it was like 10 years later.

2.) You discover you are immortal.

3.) Your enemy breaks down in front of you, and starts confessing everything about themselves.

4.) It's your sixteenth birthday, yet you forget and have the crappiest day ever.

5.) Your father abdicates from the throne and you are spoken to about being a monarch at age sixteen since you have no other brothers or sisters.

6.) A baby smiles at you for the very first time.

7.) Your friend is the son/daughter of a god, yet you discover that they are being abused for their powers by their parent(s).

If you think you can survive dealing with these, I think your capable of being the main character!

P.S: It would mean a lot to me if you answer :)

Edited by Stary Dreams

1) A life is a life is a life, is a life. It was a long time ago and my sister would have had a good reason for it.

2) Do my best to benefit the world. Become a super soldier fighting terrorism and all that, but I would also keep those who I fight for from becoming abusive of their/my power.

3) Kick him in the jaw. Hard.

4) Wait...that kind of happened to me.  :blink:

5) I would put a group of trusted advisors in temporary control, then tour the world and see how other rulers manage their empires. Then I would combine all of the best from the various kingdoms I saw and make the ultimate kingdom. Then, on turn 156, I would complete the Manhattan Project and launch nukes at Ghandi. (Someone HAS to get that reference...)

6) Kick it in the jaw. Hard.

7) Go on a kickass adventure with my friend to find a way to (mortally?) wound their parent to stop the abuse.

(FYI everyone, I'm kidding on number 6. Babies smile at me all the time and I love it.  :wub: )

• Brohoof 1

Scenarios

1.) One of your siblings kills your boyfriend/girlfriend and hid it from you until it was like 10 years later.

I would secure a MP5 and furiiously unload all of it's ammunition into said sibling.

I make bets about doing life defying tasks and get rich.

3.) Your enemy breaks down in front of you, and starts confessing everything about themselves.

I incapactitate them and let them wallow in pain and self-pity.

4.) It's your sixteenth birthday, yet you forget and have the crappiest day ever.

Journey to the Himalayas to discover my true self.

5.) Your father abdicates from the throne and you are spoken to about being a monarch at age sixteen since you have no other brothers or sisters.

I make bananas the legal currency.

I throw it out the nearest window.

7.) Your friend is the son/daughter of a god, yet you discover that they are being abused for their powers by their parent(s).

Are you trying to say that my friends don't exist?

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't be surprised at all. My brother's insane :blink: It'd just be an average Tuesday, really.

I would try to fly, and then I would use my powers to save the world. If I'm immortal, no one can really stop me from doing anything, so I would use my powers for good (and fun).

Point and laugh.

Wonder why I'm re-living the Eighties. Then I would shrug it off and move on.

"....Sweet." Then I would run around cheering before totally abusing my power.

I wouldn't care at all.

I would laugh about how perfect of a metaphor this is for God and humanity. Then I would save my friend, who would cast me into Hell for 1000 years.

Edited by MelancholicMemory

1. It would be the last mistake he ever made

2. I would be extremely upset, I don't want to live forever while all my loved ones die.

3. I would be a little weired out at first and might actually take pity on him

4. That would suck but hopefully the next day will be better

5. Oh no, I don't want to be a king I don't trust anyone with that kind of power not even myself.

6. I would love that

7. I would do what I can to take him away from that situation.

1.) One of your siblings kills your boyfriend/girlfriend and hid it from you until it was like 10 years later. - I wouldn't have this problem for being an only child.

2.) You discover you are immortal. - So.... *tries to shoot lightning*

3.) Your enemy breaks down in front of you, and starts confessing everything about themselves. - I'd be like... mmhmm *writes down all weaknesses revealed in case they turn on me again*

4.) It's your sixteenth birthday, yet you forget and have the crappiest day ever. - :(

5.) Your father abdicates from the throne and you are spoken to about being a monarch at age sixteen since you have no other brothers or sisters. - I'd want this to play at my coronation

6.) A baby smiles at you for the very first time. *fluttershy yay*

7.) Your friend is the son/daughter of a god, yet you discover that they are being abused for their powers by their parent(s). - .....so... your situation is akward

Edited by EQRoyalGuardSGT
  • Brohoof 1

1.) One of your siblings kills your coltfriend/fillyfriend and hid it from you until it was like 10 years later.

>implying i would ever have a girlfriend mlp-tsad.png

JUMP OFF OF ERRYTHING! mlp-fwonder.png

I'll let them live... For now. mlp-feye.png

Somebody will remember. mlp-tteehee.png

Fix the gotdamn economy. mlp-tgrumpy.png

Diabeetus. mlp-tsupersmile.png

7.) Your friend is the son/daughter of a celestia, yet you discover that they are being abused for their powers by their parent(s).

Come with me. We will rule the world together. mlp-timok.png

Edited by ~Dauntless Supernova~
  • Brohoof 1

1. I'd notice if I lost my hand.

2. What kind of immortal? "Can't die from natural causes" immortal, or "Can't die. Period." immortal?

3. IDGAF Bro.

4. How bad could it be?

5. Father? Never met him.

6. I don't like babies. They almost always grow up to be idiots.

7. What are these friends you speak of?

Edited by Bloo47
  • Brohoof 1

Don't have a sibling.

Abuse my immortality until I realize all my friends are gone.

I'd be like "O_o" and then like "Told you" seconds later.

Well, quite honestly it wouldn't effect me too much. I have bad days, and I have bdays. To be honest, neither hold much value to me.

Try to rule my new kingdom with a representative democracy. Nah, I'm just kidding.

D'aww.......

Think of a plan to stop them. If I just barge in and confront them about it, I'd probably be blown away by some god-like power and, before I'd die, they'd tell me that they are immortal and will never be caught or defeated.

1.) What boyfriend? I don't have one. I would turn them into the police while choking back tears and anger.

2.) AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Kill me now!

3.) Ok... O_o

4.) Hey, wanna see the really depressing picture I drew today?

5.) Why would I want to be a princess or a queen or whatever?!

6.)  :wub:

7.) Hey, try and hide out with me!

Edited by MagicalStarRain

i dont want to to live on this world any more Suicide  

time to become a superhero

ummmm there there 

i haven't celebrated my birthday since i was 10 so yea what 16th birthday

yea we going to be democracy from now on an ill just be a figure head

so cute  :blush: 

id confront them since im immortal(see question 2) i cant die even form their god powers 

• Brohoof 1

1. jokes on them i don't have one and never will.

2. First i would scream, I knew it and try to fly. After that, I would just sit back and pretend i was a god for money and fame.

3. I would laugh at them and drop kick their face. No enemy of mine deserves compassion or forgiveness.

4. This actually happened to me so im just going to cry in the corner now. 

5. I would shake my head, down talk him, and assure to whoever im talking to about this, that i will be the most capable yet ruthless king.

6. a baby smiling at me for the first time? I would put on a scary mask and scare the baby non-stop. I would then proceed to throw the baby's milk bottle on the floor and say, "get used to disappointment!"

7. I would keep them over at my house and make them use their power for me. I will be even more abusing and say stuff like, you are never going to see freedom ever again. I would only let them eat 1 cupcake per day or two depending on their performance.

• Brohoof 1

Alright, this is for a story I'm writing and I'm curious as to how people would react if they discovered these scenarios. What would you do and how would you feel?

Scenarios

Stunned, and saddened because someone was dating me and I never knew about it. 

Find and sword and a teacher(to Paris!)

Depends on what they confess, it make me hate them more, or even forgive them.

I didn't make a big deal out of turning 16(I was more happy about turning 17 because I could finally buy M-Rated games without dragging my mom along). 

Be a fair and awesome king.(and make "National Pony Day" happen)

Feel for once that all was good in the world.

Remind them, ya know, you're a demi-good and they don't have to take that BS. 

It would mean a lot to me if you answer :)

1. I don't have a sibling.  :blush: 

2. I'd want to kill myself eventually.

3. I might be merciful.

4. My 16th birthday was rather good, so I don't know how to respond to that..

5. Well. I'm screwed.

6. I'd grin.

7. Do you really think I have a chance against a god?

1. No sibling, sorry. :P

2. I would try to take over whatever I want, and let the fandom take it over.

3. I don't take pity, and set them on fire until they die in agony.

4. I take it out on anybody that I hate.

5. I'd obviously take the throne, and make it into a communist nation but with bits as a currency.

6. Squee with joy.

7. Kill the parents, and enjoy a new adventure with my immortal-god friend.

1) Ask them why and if the reason was adequate forgive them. If not, then I would express my disappointment and maybe turn them into the police, given how valid their reasoning was.

2) Try to help people as much as possible, hide it so I was never questioned/imprisoned, cry myself to sleep every night over knowing Id be doing it for eternity.

3) Probably awkwardly listen and then try and assess their experiences together to get over any problems there are.

4) Break down, if only for having the worst day ever.

5) Adapt and reorganize to fit the role I would need to fit.

6) Smile back

7) Confront the parents, tell them to stop. Then tell the kids to use their powers if they try anything again. 

1. I'd flip shit, and probably be really upset.

2. I'd probably keep it to myself for a while. I don't know if I'd feel happy or sad though. Probably a mixture of both.

3. No idea

4. I'd feel pretty stupid and upset once I found out. I'd try to re-celebrate though

5. I'd be happy, but nervous and maybe even a little bit scared about having to rule.

6. I'd feel good, and smile back

7. I'd be pretty upset, and try to call them out

Edited by Betez
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Um, I would probably be over it and wouldn't care by than, but than again I never had a GF.

Jump off all the cliffs!

You disgrace me, if I'm going to have an enemy at least act strong.

Been there, done that.

A lot of change is about to happen. Not very nervous, but rather pumped.

Ok

Tell the friend to move out and live in superman's house.

Edited by Retro✮Derpy

Scenarios

If you think you can survive dealing with these, I think your capable of being the main character!

P.S: It would mean a lot to me if you answer :)

1. I would be speechless to start. Depending on the situation, I could do a variety of different things.

2. I would cry. Staying on this misshapen Earth forever is not something I want.

3. Let's put it this way: I would be like Arnold when Helga confessed her love to him in "Hey Arnold: The Movie"

4. I would be really sad but move on eventually.

5. It would be really neat, but I would be really stressed as to my level of competence for the position.

6. I would smile very wide, especially if I was the father. Then I would give the baby back really quickly in fear of dropping him/her.

7. I would definitely tell my friend it's wrong for their parents to use him like that. Would probably tell him to confront said parents.

1.) I have no siblings. 

2.) Idk really. I'll see most of my relatives die at some point, and I'll live forever. I would be so pissed if at some point I end up buried alive.

3.) Take him prisoner.

4.) Meh. Stuff happens.

5.) Oh this will be interesting.

6.) Meh.

7.) Come with me, me' bonnie laddie. Let us bugger off and use yer powers fer a good cause.

I will murder him/her.

Uh, if I have known that, I would freakin' kick my bullies' @$$!!! :angry:

Meh... *walk on*

Where the hell have I been?!?!

Ruling the world is fun and all, but it's a lot of work, too much stress, there might be assassin trying to kill me, or someone wants me dead :blink:.................. GONE! *run away*

Smile back, however, I just step back because he/she can sense fear.

Don't worry, I will help you and stop your parents' abusive. I don't know how, but I'll figure it out. :)

1.) I have killed my brother in FPS games all the time, but it's time to get real.

2.) "Your virgins are mine..."-Discord from Swag.mov. No just kidding I wouldn't actually ask that. The quote is there to show that I would be so powerful I might as well

3.) One does not simply break down in front of you, and starts confessing everything about themselves, especially if their your enemy. 

4.) My most recent birthday in real life was my 16th birthday. and I didn't get a b-day present.

5.) ERMAHGERD RLY?

6.) D'awwww XD

7.) BS. They'd probably be dead already.

I could never forgive this. At best, I'd never speak to him again. At worst, I might go so far as to kill him in return.

I think I might just do a whole bunch of crazy stuff. More than that, I think I'd work toward getting a whole bunch of stuff accomplished.

I'd feel really awkward. I'd probably just stand there awkwardly. maybe I'd run away.

If I didn't realize it was my birthday, I guess I'd just treat it like another crappy day. Blast some music and forget that the rest of the world exists.

Might run away.

"What are you looking at?"

I can't even really fathom this. I mean, of course, I'd wanna help him/her, but how do you hide someone from an omniscient being?

Edited by Clover Heart

That is impossible. They would never do such a thing and I don't have a relation, nor have I ever, as of yet.

I also state this with such absolution because to me and everyone I know it would be an abhorrent and unthinkable hypothesis.

What part of me really matters (my soul) already is, so you're reading the words of a man that's already living that life.

Well that's great but I should hope that the reason for which they're confessing is to a power greater than ourselves and not to me personally. That said, I don't have enemies per se. There are forces, powers and ideas which are opposed to mine, but I do not strive to hatred towards anyone.

The story of my life. Good thing I've grown beyond that ignorant introspection that drove me to such agony so many yeas ago.

I should hope to keep well-informed and well-prepared by wise advisers. Also I would prefer if anything was to be named after me, to be named after my middle name, and keep it to spacecraft instead of ships.

I look at her, and then look at my wife. "Well done, us."

That's kind of hilarious but bad of the parents. They should stop doing that. In of a friend being a son/daughter of a god, I already believe that everyone is a son or daughter of the living God. So basically there's negligible difference. If one wanted to be cynical and ultra-realistic, the question could be reworded as "the parents are occultists or some immoral religion and they abuse their daughter for practices for their beliefs" in which case the parents would need to be directly opposed, and it might be fully possible that the girl would need to be exorcised.  But this is highly speculative, and writing prose fiction along these lines would tread very sensitive theological and interdenominational ground.

A human being can resist an incredible amount of stress in a variety of dimensions. Character is established by how they respond to different situations, and what makes entertainment entertaining is the reaction to said stimuli in an interesting or uncommon way. This is why TV and Movies since forever have been playing-up and exaggerating certain reactions and features, into generalized groups which we now call Stereotypes and Archtypes.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1

Now you see, THAT'S my liability for when he dies! 

and then I go get another lover.

Meh. Now I can do everything! but watch my parents die... BUT DO EVERYTHING!

"woa woa woa! Calm yourself! You won't have a chance of beating me if your like this! *helps up." better? good. *stabs.*

I don't minds it's just one birthday. and! i'M legal ! 

"Well you see, being your leader will be tough but i'll pull through."

Almost as cute as fluttershy. Almost.

Well if he is the son or daughter of a god then i'm friends with chuck norris then aren't I?